1. I dont care about the new cloak at all - i just want my old item back.

This was a mistake made by them, because they didnt think about it.

I am clearly not the only one

2. The items are disabled until the realm progresses further and the event will be re-enabled once all items are disabled. It was an unintentional mistake on our part but that seems obvious when the gear is better than what's available.
    Clearly it is our own fault for having a little faith in the team behind the server.

I'll explain why it was definitely not obvious to me. The server went down a couple of times to activate the event, frost lord Ahune and the gear he drops is for most of the playerbase undoubtedly the main content. The event was farmable for a couple of hours and the server went down during these hours. So pressumably staff was still working on it. After the downtime the gear was still available and Ahune was still farmable, surely if this was not intended something would've been done by then? I honestly had no doubt in my mind when I sold my old 213 cloak. Why? I thought you wouldn't **** up this badly.

Boy was I wrong.

3. I had no idea it was a mistake, until they said so. They made the mistake and they should fix it too

4. To be honest, I for my part really thought that it could be intentional.

Warmane really can't put this on the players saying you should have thought that it's not wanted. Everyone that I played with during the event's time was genuinely excited about it and thought what a nice gesture.
    There would have been the option to lower the item levels of the dropped items to 226 or 213 instead of just taking it away. Everyone will be angry if something that he has is taken away.

Yes, the items were op, so what? Think of them as temporary Legendaries. How many people need the same cloak/weapon? With this event this would have been mitigated. I thought that could be the reason for the event.
    Luckily I had some old gear lying around the bank that I previously forgot about and did not disenchant so I only lost some item levels... but the 63 spellpower enchant on the weapon cost me a lot of materials. Once the appropriate patch is live, those items might not even be relevant anymore so the enchant was a complete waste?

I would really like some serious response to what happens to sold/disenchanted items and the enchants that people put on their new items that they got from the event.
    Edited: June 20, 2020

5. To be honest, I for my part really thought that it could be intentional.

Warmane really can't put this on the players saying you should have thought that it's not wanted. Everyone that I played with during the event's time was genuinely excited about it and thought what a nice gesture.
    There would have been the option to lower the item levels of the dropped items to 226 or 213 instead of just taking it away. Everyone will be angry if something that he has is taken away.

Yes, the items were op, so what? Think of them as temporary Legendaries. How many people need the same cloak/weapon? With this event this would have been mitigated. I thought that could be the reason for the event.
    Luckily I had some old gear lying around the bank that I previously forgot about and did not disenchant so I only lost some item levels... but the 63 spellpower enchant on the weapon cost me a lot of materials. Once the appropriate patch is live, those items might not even be relevant anymore so the enchant was a complete waste?

I would really like some serious response to what happens to sold/disenchanted items and the enchants that people put on their new items that they got from the event.
    I really hope they will get serious about this
    Edited: June 20, 2020

6. Clearly it is our own fault for having a little faith in the team behind the server.

I'll explain why it was definitely not obvious to me. The server went down a couple of times to activate the event, frost lord Ahune and the gear he drops is for most of the playerbase undoubtedly the main content. The event was farmable for a couple of hours and the server went down during these hours. So pressumably staff was still working on it. After the downtime the gear was still available and Ahune was still farmable, surely if this was not intended something would've been done by then? I honestly had no doubt in my mind when I sold my old 213 cloak. Why? I thought you wouldn't **** up this badly.

Boy was I wrong.
    Yeah, because it wouldve been so-****ing-difficult to just remove the event as soon as they figured that out instead of waiting for half the server to sell/de their cloaks, and here i am with a blank cloak space not able to join HCrdf

7. Return the previous deleted/sold cloaks is a fair ask imo. Lost my 25 valor cloak. ;/

8. Return the previous deleted/sold cloaks is a fair ask imo. Lost my 25 valor cloak. ;/
    Lets hope they do something about it tomorrow

9. Lets hope they do something about it tomorrow
    Nothing is going to be done. I don't recall what it could even be, but I'm pretty sure something similar to this happened on Icecrown a couple years ago. Jumped the gun and sold/DE'd your stuff? Too bad.

10. Telling a person the stove will burn them just does not sink in like the pain of learning the stove will burn them. These people learned.

11. I would like to fight Ahune again. Will this be a possibility at a later date? We cannot wait a year for the midsummer event to come back because the server will have reset by then. Can he come back in the autumn/winter perhaps so we can do the event again?

12. Would be nice to get a replacement cloak anyway, wouldn't hurt.
    Edited: June 21, 2020

13. Telling a person the stove will burn them just does not sink in like the pain of learning the stove will burn them. These people learned.
    oh kinda like when warmane lost 8-10k cata population due to the moltdown and refused to give back anything except for a bunch of coins if u had proof of donating.
    hopefully warmane learned like we learned :D

14. If u guys payed enough attention u'll see that in Ulduar 25 man there is 232 Il gear. So what is this problem again to give 3 weeks in advance 2 itens to ppl?! what would be the BIGGER question here?! the server was going down cause cloaks where to above for script and u pinched on players to do not have those? Or u guys just don't want ppl to walk arround with cloaks for next patch already?!

Can't see where is the problem.

15. Wtf they opened the event again, but still can't use my cloak?

First 1234 Last