1. Sudenly so many accidentally got their profession at higher level thant they should simply during levelling and occasionally doing profession.

2. But the devs and mods could at least recognize that some people who made a genuine mistake got ****ed in the process.
    Ok, I'm recognizing that this couldn't be done individually, so there is always the slim possibility of the one-in-a-million case of someone total, completely, without reservations, truly wholly oblivious that something was wrong, someone so green to the game that it never ever occurred to them that maybe it was too good to be true, they never realized so over time and never heard any comment about it at all.

For such extreme outlier cases it sucks, but unfortunately bugs are still par for the course in private servers, their existence is something anyone playing in one is implied to understand and accept. Most can get fixed and sometimes the fix won't be painless, but there's no objective way to separate who was so clueless to neither know better nor wonder if that was working right. OOFMAN's sarcastic post pretty much sums it up: suddenly everyone was an exception and didn't know; for someone who would abuse a bug, lying about it is nothing.

Now what?

3. Ok, I'm recognizing that this couldn't be done individually, so there is always the slim possibility of the one-in-a-million case of someone total, completely, without reservations, truly wholly oblivious that something was wrong, someone so green to the game that it never ever occurred to the maybe it was too good to be true, they never realized so over time and never heard any comment about it at all.

For such extreme outlier cases it sucks, but unfortunately bugs are still par for the course in private servers, their existence is something anyone playing in one is implied to understand and accept. Most can get fixed and sometimes the fix won't be painless, but there's no objective way to separate who was so clueless to neither know better nor wonder if that was working right. OOFMAN's sarcastic post pretty much sums it up: suddenly everyone was an exception and didn't know; for someone who would abuse a bug, lying about it is nothing.

Now what?
    So if there truly is no objective way to separate who's lying to who's not lying (which I'm having a very hard time believing, you have all the data for our chars and it's easy enough for most cases to know who was abusing it or not. Now how much work that would require is another story yes) the best way is to punish all the players who are not lying ? I'm damn glad law doesn't work that way in my country. It's true that we should expect bugs, but those bugs are not the responsibility of the player. They should report them when they notice them in order to help that's all. But the actions taken to fix those bugs are completely of the responsibility of the devs, and I may be stupid at the game but I am not stupid enough in IT to believe that how the warmane staff decided to resolve the issue is not only far from being the only one they could've gone with but also clearly not the best one.

Now what you say ? I guess nothing and thank you very much for this. I'll still keep playing and hopefully get that bitterness out of my mouth but that definitely left a very bad impression on me of how I'm expecting warmane to resolve bugs and possible future issues.

4. you have all the data for our chars and it's easy enough for most cases to know who was abusing it or not
    This isn't the first time you say something along these lines, so I don't know if you just don't get it or what.

Anyone who had a skill higher than their character level should allow was abusing a bug. Your character(s) who got professions reset abused a bug, there's nothing to be unsure about that, so you are right: it's easy enough to know who abused the bug, and that includes you. What I said - and really felt made exceedingly clear - was that it's not possible to know who abused it intentionally and aware of what they were doing and who didn't, so there's no making a distinction of who should or shouldn't get the reset.

5. This isn't the first time you say something along these lines, so I don't know if you just don't get it or what.

Anyone who had a skill higher than their character level should allow was abusing a bug. Your character(s) who got professions reset abused a bug, there's nothing to be unsure about that, so you are right: it's easy enough to know who abused the bug, and that includes you. What I said - and really felt made it exceedingly clear - was that it's not possible to know who abused it intentionally and aware of what they were doing and who didn't, so there's no making a distinction of who should or shouldn't get the reset.
    Okay so first no you can read all my posts again (or probably for the first time...) and nowhere did i say anything close to what you quoted in my other posts lmao.

I think you have a lot of trouble understanding what an exploit is versus a bug. This is clearly just a bug. An exploit requires the user to do something out of the ordinary to be one. You also seem to have a lot of trouble understanding what "abusing" means. If you use a product and there is a bug that you didn't notice you didn't "abuse" a bug. You just used a bugged product without knowing, what faulty logic are you using is beyond me.

Now let's say I would have noticed it was actually a bug, what could I have possibly done in order to not get ****ed ? Even if I had noticed it, if I reported it it would still have resulted in me having my profession removed. Sorry for the tone but you are being very unpleasant for no reason at all (and when you clearly don't know much of what you are talking about) and that rubbed me the wrong way.

6. Okay so first no you can read all my posts again (or probably for the first time...) and nowhere did i say anything close to what you quoted in my other posts lmao.
    You mean like this, acting like having a skill higher than your character was supposed to have isn't exploiting? "lmao" indeed.
    I still haven't had an answer as to how one could possibly exploit the skinning proffession because I genuinely don't understand.
    I think you have a lot of trouble understanding what an exploit is versus a bug. This is clearly just a bug. An exploit requires the user to do something out of the ordinary to be one. You also seem to have a lot of trouble understanding what "abusing" means. If you use a product and there is a bug that you didn't notice you didn't "abuse" a bug. You just used a bugged product without knowing, what faulty logic are you using is beyond me.
    Oh boy... it really is a Saturday, ain't it?
    Exploit vs. a bug? Exploit is what you do with a bug. What I'm about to say might shatter your word view, but it's why it's called "bug exploiting." You character(s) had a skill higher than they should, so you exploited a bug. There are no ifs or buts about it.
    Abuse isn't dependent on intention. It's why people will say "inadvertently abused a bug" - more shattering, I know, I know.

Now let's say I would have noticed it was actually a bug, what could I have possibly done in order to not get ****ed ? Even if I had noticed it, if I reported it it would still have resulted in me having my profession removed.
    Of course. What did you expect, to be rewarded by letting your exploiting stay?
    It is, though, quite enlightening that you'd say that - that mindset is exactly what exploiters use to justify continuing to exploit and not make reports.

Sorry for the tone but you are being very unpleasant for no reason at all (and when you clearly don't know much of what you are talking about) and that rubbed me the wrong way.
    No worries, I'm very acquainted with the Karen tone.

7. Now do you really believe what you just said ? So now everyone who has ever come across a bug in any software ever has been a bug abuser. Okay then.

No worries, I'm very acquainted with the Karen tone.
    Oh I believe you. I talked to you long enough to realise how much you must be one.

There is really no point in continuing this. It's not like I'm expecting to get my profession restored or anything I understood a while ago that it wasn't going to be happening. I just didn't expect the only staff answers i'd see here to be so hostile towards the people asking for help. Wether you believe me or not, I'll still say again that I genuinely enjoy my time playing here and I am the furthest I could be of an "exploiter" on this server, I mean I play all my toons at x1 rate as I said and I just enjoy trying to level my main to lvl 60 because it's something I never did when I played vanilla as a kid. So when you say stuff like

"Of course. What did you expect, to be rewarded by letting your exploiting stay?
    It is, though, quite enlightening that you'd say that - that mindset is exactly what exploiters use to justify continuing to exploit and not make reports."

it really puts a smile on my face and i definitely will never feel like I fit what you are describing. Anyway I'm glad you found something supposedly enlightening in our discussion because I must say i'm finding it to become very pointless. You will continue to believe that everyone who has come across a bug unknowingly is a bug abuser and i will go on my way continuing to be baffled by how anyone can think like that. I'll be on my way now, because as hard as it must be to believe I actually hate wasting my time and i also hate arguing with people. So cheers and happy belated new year.

8. There is really no point in continuing this.
    Great. It really is pointless when the Karening reaches denying the very definition of words or terms, playing dumb about having abused a bug by trying to imply "just coming across" it, and using eye roll inducing generalizations that don't match the scenario at hand.

9. Obnoxious, so if this is an error, you will roll back the prof to the error and return part of it. my character is lvl 32-33, do you think it’s difficult for me to upgrade to lvl 2-3, I really didn’t know. ok, everything that was used above is an error - do not restore it. restore to 225 and for everyone who was lvl around 30-34, +-4. and those who are even lower, roll them back to 150 according to their level. in my opinion, this will be the most honest and fair, of course, if possible. But of course it’s better for you to deprive everyone: both those who abused it and those who really didn’t know that there was a restriction. It's always easier to destroy than to build something. if you have such a server policy, then ok. no negativity. It's simply the best solution. just in case scr https://imgur.com/a/Cfgpowd although this is unlikely to help if your policy is to destroy

10. Yeah sure I'm a complete karen. It must be nice living in your own personal world where you are always right no matter what and you get to remake the definitions made by dictionnaries and common sense. You even get to completely ignore people's point and call them wrong without bringing any piece of agumentation ever to the table. I'm truely envious.

I know I said i'd be off already and I really will I promise, it's the true last one ! I absolutely hate saying this and then coming back but you also have to understand that you make it very hard to do so with your desperate need to be condescending. Or at least trying to be. Anyway much unsarcastic love despite all this <3 because even people like you need some. What am I saying... specially people like you need some.

11. what childish behaviour , from a mod himself

12. how hard was it to give players a heads-up about the bugfix? so you could give them an hour , 3 hours , 6 hours , a day to level and if they cant make it in time atleast they tried , that wouldnt be so hard at all to do

13. This isn't the first time you say something along these lines, so I don't know if you just don't get it or what.

Anyone who had a skill higher than their character level should allow was abusing a bug. Your character(s) who got professions reset abused a bug, there's nothing to be unsure about that, so you are right: it's easy enough to know who abused the bug, and that includes you. What I said - and really felt made exceedingly clear - was that it's not possible to know who abused it intentionally and aware of what they were doing and who didn't, so there's no making a distinction of who should or shouldn't get the reset.
    I agree with most of what Synco and the others said in the end.

This is a dangerous precedent you are setting. Players will now justifiably fear taking any actions in the game they aren't certain about, fearing potential severe punishments as this (I mean it’s hours or even tens of hours of hours of spent time). How are the new players supposed to know about these level caps anyway? If affected like this, they probably won’t complain, but would think that the punishment is itself a serious bug, and simply stop playing.

While bug removal is necessary, implementing punishments without clear evidence of guilt goes against the fundamentals of ethics and is detrimental to the well-being of any community. You should really reconsider such policies Warmane team. You might lose a lot of players, more than you would gain for sanctioning the exploiters.

As for me personally, this serves as a perfect “excuse” to further postpone playing the game, ie a justification that there are indeed better ways to spend my time than playing this game, at least here.

14. People getting mad,because now they cannot stack arcanite bars with level 1 :D
    You used exploit,even you all knew its not how it should be and cry for couple gold from your lost skill points in alchemy.
    Why are you quiet about how much you made with arcanite bars. Even you didnt sell it,lets say you stack it for yourself oka? You already saved some gold so stop crying how world isnt fair,becuase REMOVING skill points is best scenario for you,if you did this exploit for example in diff servers you get perma with all loses.

15. Well, Truth in advertising Obnoxious is the name of the Moderator, Speaks for itself in more ways than one unfortunately.

Some people didn't know no levels for a profession was a glitch, but for it to be fixed is understandable but this is (I Guess)a major Bug in which the Beta test should have found since you know.... most Characters will have a Profession? I understand certain things slipping through the Cracks but that is a big one to completely miss AND wait until now to fix as it has had more than enough time to go on, and others thought it was a QOL change anyway up until this point.

But then again, a lot of things don't make sense for this Server/Ruleset. Dire Maul Nerfs, Multiboxing and the AV ****show are some examples.

First 12345 ... Last