1. snip

TLDR: Warmane is not violating any copyright, trademark, or patent that Blizzard holds with their servers, at least that Blizzard can prove without requisitioning their server code. At worst, they maybe violate the terms of service of the game clients they use to test their servers, but Activision would need evidence they used the game client after agreeing to the TOS to create the server code in the first place. The only violation of anything is that users violate the TOS they click yes to - if they even see it, if you get distributed a client that has the flag off you never even bind yourself to it - and that is a civil breach of contract, not a copyright violation. Someone is breaking contract here to make these servers work, but good luck actually proving who is. But then, it does not really matter, because Activision has so much money that the legality of their claims barely matters if they actually wanted to attack Warmane, even in Europe. Money replaces the law at enough scale, and Warmane certainly does not have the revenue to fight that battle.
    Much of what you've said is true but not quite on the same topic, or rather it was about the more general issue behind it. The legality of WoW private servers as a whole has always been a bit of a gray area between what was obviously intended by the developer and what is actually legally defensible, there are plenty of ways to say these servers are legal for one reason or another, but the so called "abandonware defense" that is brought up here is simply not one of them.

The only real difference would be in assuming that Blizzard/Activision is more likely to take down servers on the current expansion because they are "competing" with them, but there's nothing to actually support that. Their legal actions in the past have nearly all been limited to things like C&D letters to servers or their hosts, which many abide by out of fear of actual legal troubles. They send these to every server regardless of which expansion they are using, in fact just six or so months ago a relatively small vanilla server had some trouble with this. At the same time, if you do actually look back over the last five years, plenty of servers have ran on the same expansion as retail with little to no trouble at all. In fact, Molten/Warmane itself, arguably the largest target for these legal troubles, has ran on the same expansion as retail for 6-12 months at a time on 3 separate occasions, each time they launched a new expansion. Even if they released a WoD server right now (which I still think is a bad idea for other reasons), it's unlikely to make them any more of a target than their WotLK, Cata or MoP servers did when they were launched.

2. ^
    "it's unlikely to make them any more of a target than their WotLK, Cata or MoP servers did when they were launched."

Some people complained about MoP's release , on the blizz forums..

3. When can we expect the first wod realm? cant wait to play tauren rogue with palymount

4. When can we expect the first wod realm? cant wait to play tauren rogue with palymount
    april 15th thus 7 days from now.

source: https://www.warmane.com/devlog

5. april 15th thus 7 days from now.

source: https://www.warmane.com/devlog
    I just hope it was 1st april joke and there wont be any wod realm untill blizzard wod release last patch on it.

6. AT bought WOD licence months ago,i even played 6.0.3 when 6.0.3 was running on retail.

Blizzard don't care what expansion or pathecs you run on a private server unless it has enormous player database.
    that's why every server has max 5k player databas,everything more then 6-7k would be a threat to Blizzard servers that have 8-9k-15k+ players.

You are just afraid of something that isn't going to happen.Coz not informed.

7. The only thing dangerous about releasing a WoD realm is adding on the collection of endless bugs and complaints. Here is whats going to happen.
    Players get excited for WoD. Players find many unplayable content. Players start to complain. Staff members answering people by sending them to random threads in the forums or go radio silence for a month or so.
    WoD was released not too long ago...I honestly dont know why they are so bent on releasing a WoD realm when Cata and MoP needs heavy fixing and scripting...I mean it took them years to complete WotLK and till now there are bugs here and there...and I started playing Warmane (Molten) when they only had WotLK servers...
    I mean the staff obviously works hard enough I dunno why they would want to put more troubles for themselves....

8. The only thing dangerous about releasing a WoD realm is adding on the collection of endless bugs and complaints. Here is whats going to happen.
    Players get excited for WoD. Players find many unplayable content. Players start to complain. Staff members answering people by sending them to random threads in the forums or go radio silence for a month or so.
    WoD was released not too long ago...I honestly dont know why they are so bent on releasing a WoD realm when Cata and MoP needs heavy fixing and scripting...I mean it took them years to complete WotLK and till now there are bugs here and there...and I started playing Warmane (Molten) when they only had WotLK servers...
    I mean the staff obviously works hard enough I dunno why they would want to put more troubles for themselves....
    Haha, to me the only thing dangerous about all the new announcements is that we will never see any serious fixes for WoTLK.

9. The only thing dangerous about releasing a WoD realm is adding on the collection of endless bugs and complaints. Here is whats going to happen.
    Yeah, not to mention WoD PvP is even more ****tier than MoP's.
    And every expansion will always be ****TY for PvP untill freaking Blizzard separates the PvE spells from PvP spells, gears and so on.

10. AT bought WOD licence months ago,i even played 6.0.3 when 6.0.3 was running on retail.

Blizzard don't care what expansion or pathecs you run on a private server unless it has enormous player database.
    that's why every server has max 5k player databas,everything more then 6-7k would be a threat to Blizzard servers that have 8-9k-15k+ players.

You are just afraid of something that isn't going to happen.Coz not informed.
    No, you are so wrong it's hilarious.

Why do people always think ArenaTournament had some form of arrangement with Blizzard? They didn't and never will, they were outlaws just like molten.

11. The only thing dangerous about releasing a WoD realm is adding on the collection of endless bugs and complaints. Here is whats going to happen.
    This^ x10000
    Would good to kaer read this and whole topic. WoD shouldn't be released in next 2 years or just never. they can't handle what we have now.

12. I still don't know why Molten is releasing Warlords so early...

13. Why this thread is not in off-topic it is pointless discussion with pointless purpose.

14. The only good thing about WoD is selfie camera. >_ >

15. Why this thread is not in off-topic it is pointless discussion with pointless purpose.
    Well apparently seems like you are doing a better job then the forum moderators can, why don't you run for forum mod and change this thread to off topic if you find it so irrelevant.
    But before anything lemme give you a simple logic to why this isn't moved to off topic. Off topic is regarding anything outside of Warmane or WoW for that matter like talking about kittens or puppies, while general discussion can be anything pertaining to Warmane or WoW and in this case it is pertaining to the subject of how dangerous it would be for Warmane to release a WoD server it doesn't need a purpose or a cause its a discussion, i hope that answers your pointless and irrelevant post.
    Edited: April 9, 2015

First ... 2345614 ... Last