1. Got discriminated last night for being Arms PvE by my own officer.

"lol man thats pvp"

-_- When will they learn?

Currently doing as much DPS on Arms as I do on Fury.

2. Got discriminated last night for being Arms PvE by my own officer.

"lol man thats pvp"

-_- When will they learn?

Currently doing as much DPS on Arms as I do on Fury.
    I once had a pug leader (a Fury war with the Str Ashen ring and Str eof cloak...) threaten to kick me if I didn't swap to Fury. I told him I'll leave if he can out-dps me on the wardens before Marrow... It did not end well for him :) --- Yes epeen flexing etc.

Seriously though. If your raid leader complains about you being Arms, baffle him with math! Add up the dps from all the physical classes (assuming you don't already have a combat rogue) and add 4% to that (or subtract it if you were in the raid) - The difference is what you bring to the table, not to mention your own dps.

Arkradon
    I once had a pug leader (a Fury war with the Str Ashen ring and Str eof cloak...) threaten to kick me if I didn't swap to Fury. I told him I'll leave if he can out-dps me on the wardens before Marrow... It did not end well for him :) --- Yes epeen flexing etc.

Seriously though. If your raid leader complains about you being Arms, baffle him with math! Add up the dps from all the physical classes (assuming you don't already have a combat rogue) and add 4% to that (or subtract it if you were in the raid) - The difference is what you bring to the table, not to mention your own dps.
    I started my warr as fury, got up to lvl 85, someone told me to change to arms, my dps would increase, if i kept a similar rotation, and that's indeed what happened (it was around ilvl 250-280)....
    I can still deal more dps as being arms than fury, i check again every time i switch equips....

4. I started my warr as fury, got up to lvl 85, someone told me to change to arms, my dps would increase, if i kept a similar rotation, and that's indeed what happened (it was around ilvl 250-280)....
    I can still deal more dps as being arms than fury, i check again every time i switch equips....
    Except that this is for WotLK...

5. Offbeat, could you take some time to check the PM I sent you? I know it'll prolly throw you into some wild mathematic calculations and stuff, but I'd really appreciate your opinion.

6. Offbeat, could you take some time to check the PM I sent you? I know it'll prolly throw you into some wild mathematic calculations and stuff, but I'd really appreciate your opinion.
    Done... I'm also purposefully making this post unneccesarily long.

LakasTama
    Hi thanks for the guide!

I just wanna ask which one of these enchants should I get for PVE raiding / PVP'ing (WoTLK)

Enchant 2H Weapon - Massacre
    Enchant Weapon - Executioner
    Enchant Weapon - Berserking

Thanks and more power!

8. Berserking is your best option. As Arms it's relatively easy to cap Arp (whether it be hard capping or soft capping via a trinket proc), whereas 400 AP on a relatively low icd is not to be scoffed at.

LakasTama
    Berserking is your best option. As Arms it's relatively easy to cap Arp (whether it be hard capping or soft capping via a trinket proc), whereas 400 AP on a relatively low icd is not to be scoffed at.
    Alright thanks a lot man! :cool:

10. Fixed the talent links. Gamestool seems to have died a quiet, lonely death :P

11. SD cannot always take priority over MS. Assuming you push a MS back a full GCD, after 10 of these incidents you will on average gain 1 Execute. However you will lose 3 Mortal Strikes since it will be offset by 15s. So then how far can you delay MS before SD execute becomes a DPS loss?

First, we can say that If you delay MS by 0.5s you trade 1 Execute for 1 MS. If your Execute does more damage than a MS for example, then in this case it is a DPS gain. Therefore the maximum time you can offset MS is equal to 0.5s x ( Execute ?À MS damage).

Using this you can calculate that if your MS does double the damage of Execute then you can offset MS with an SD execute by a maximum of 1/4 of a second. Both abilities in most situations cost the same amount of rage so the rage aspect can be omitted.

Now how far can you delay MS with a slam? This is harder to calculate since Slam pauses your swing timer. Without taking delayed autohits into account, the maximum delay time on MS is equal to 5 x (Slam ?À MS damage). Slam will delay a swing by 0.5s, so this damage loss can be found separately by taking weapon damage x (0.5 ?À weapon speed). This also leads to a rage loss and this is equal to (0.5 ?À weapon speed) x rage generated per swing.

The autohit and rage loss are inherent in Slam itself so it can be said that the maximum delay time T = 5s x (damage gain by Slam ?À MS damage gain) where the damage gain by Slam is equal to Slam damage - autohit loss - rage loss damage
    MS damage gain is equal to MS damage - rage difference(15) ?À 12 x 500. This equals MS damage - 625

Rage loss is hard to quantify in terms of DPS and the only reasonable approach I see would be to translate it into direct HS damage. Special hit cap = hard hit cap for arms so 12 rage translates to roughly 500 damage.

So damage gained by Slam amounts to: Slam damage - (weapon damage x (0.5 ?À weapon speed) - (rage loss ?À 12) x 500.

The guide did not mention that Rend should not be refreshed, but instead reapplied after it falls off. Also dodge Overpowers were not mentioned, they should take highest priority. Some tricks could also be included, like using Sweeping Strikes some time before adds spawn, since it has a 30s duration It will come off cd while fighting the adds allowing two uses.

A simple priority list would also be helpful, in the OP it is inconsistent and incomplete. Allow me to propose one:

1. Rend (reapply when it falls off)
    2. Overpower (dodge) = Overpower (if TfB time remaining = 4.5s)
    3. Mortal Strike*
    3. SD Execute*
    5. Overpower TfB (time left >4.5s)
    6. Execute (Execute phase)*
    7. Slam*
    8. Heroic Strike (rage dump)*

*Heroic Strike should always be used if surplus rage is available and Slam takes priority over Execute (<20% hp) if low on rage. Refer to formulas above to calculate how far you can delay a MS with a Slam and a SD Execute.

Edit: I did not account for the limited duration of SD, and It should be prioritised if it will otherwise fall off.
    Another thing I didn't include is the rage loss induced from actually casting the ability, instead I only included autohit delay induced rage loss.

Criticism would be appreciated, I cannot see where I went wrong with MS offset by slam, but I'm getting absurd times greater than 1 global in my own testing.

12. With the reset, I've come into a "few" coins. I intend to remake my old war (with close to BiS gear), so some screens, extra observations about the current Molten state for Arms etc will be coming along in drips and drabs.

13. Do you have any bis list concerning arms warriors?

- I was thinking of going full 5/5 t10. Penumbra, gsb cloak, toskk/polar bear claw, coldwraith links/astrylian, apocalypse advance, ashen agi ring, frostbrood ring, sts+ dbw, oathbinder and lk crossbow.
    Now other options would be using the agi ring from rs for hit instead of polar bear claw or going none of those for hit and getting 5x 10 str+10 hit gems. I haven't calculated how much arp i wod have with this set up but id say somewhere near 1200 arp. I wouldnt go with rotface hands as the attack power difference is huge and the crit is almost the same, while t10hands gives hit which i need and rotface hands don't. I am going with the incite spec. Also which cloak enchant should i use 23 haste or agi?

14. [Sanctified Ymirjar Lord's Helmet] Head 277 Heroic Token
    [Penumbra Pendant] Neck 284 Halion 25 Heroic
    [Sanctified Ymirjar Lord's Shoulderplates] Shoulders 277 Heroic Token
    [Vereesa's Dexterity]/[Sylvanas' Cunning] Cloak 272/272 ToGC 25 50 try chest
    [Sanctified Ymirjar Lord's Battleplate] Chest 277 Heroic Token
    [Toskk's Maximized Wristguards] Bracers 277 Saurfang 25 Heroic
    [Sanctified Ymirjar Lord's Gauntlets] Gloves 277 Heroic Token
    [Coldwraith Links] Belt 277 Dreamwalker 25 Heroic
    [Leggings of Northern Lights] Legs 277 Lady Deathwhisper 25 Heroic
    [Apocalypse's Advance] Boots 284 Halion 25 Heroic
    [Ashen Band of Endless Vengeance] Ring 1 277 Ashen Verdict Reputation Ring
    [Frostbrood Sapphire Ring] Ring 2 277 Dreamwalker 25 Heroic
    [Deathbringer's Will] Trinket 1 277 Saurfang 25 Heroic
    [Sharpened Twilight Scale] Trinket 2 284 Halion 25 Heroic
    [Oathbinder, Charge of the Ranger-General]/[Shadowmourne] MH 284/284 LK 25 Heroic/Questline
    [Fal'inrush, Defender of Quel'thalas] Ranged 284 LK 25 Heroic

Is your bis list. I`ll advice you before invest in bis arms for pve ask your guild if they gonna use you as arms at all. If not go for bis fury gear if u don't have Shadowmourne just get Oathbinder difference between bis arms gear vs bis fury pve is under 1k dps is not worth to buy, but bis arms gear in fury spec is 2-3k+ dps.

First ... 45678 ... Last