1. Can i play it on the normal launcher ? and how long will beta last ? :)

2. 1. PVE vs PVP.
    Many people here are pro PvE server with the sole purpose of them not getting ganked in the world, while ignoring the long term consequences of a PvE realm. Having a PvE realm or a hybrid that's suggested in this thread will hurt both the economy and general player base. Not being able to attack bots , compete for resources or elite and quest mobs will make this server a
    " Who runs faster and presses the /tar /attack macro faster" while bots farm uninterrupted in the world. That's not only on vanilla! Competing for mobs and resources will mainly impact TBC since farming reps mainly involves farming repeatable quests. My take on this argument is the standard PvP realm. Having high rates paired with rdf is enough for people to spam dungeons while avoiding major PvP areas like tanaris and stv. If you decide to go with the hybrid solution I propose letting players flag themselves pvp Once and permanently while giving them some rate boosts or some other QoL features but make it worthwhile so players feel motivated to flag themselves.
    Yes, in the open world bots can't be killed on a pve server, however
    1. this is not a blizzard server, so admins will probably actually do something about botting
    2. bots will very often just go inside dungeons, there you can't contest them too much
    3. I have seen low-level, "throwaway" bot characters that are grinding skins off of low-level mobs. they are just grinding gold selling greys/skins or w/e

There was another point about faction balance:
    On WoW Classic, pretty much every PVP server is completely 1-sided, meaning almost all or all of the other faction transferred away to another realm.
    PVE servers are more balanced (in wow classic) than pvp servers. That project had a really long lifetime at this point we are at the 4th year anniversary of it launching!
    Also every time I look at the PVE servers, they keep growing. They are now over 10k players for the biggest ones! They used to be like half of that!

3. Client

Will we have to download a new client?

4. hey guys plz send me link to download vanilla if there is a link or should i download just lich king client ???
    Can i play it on the normal launcher ? and how long will beta last ? :)
    Will we have to download a new client?
    Onyxia will use WotLK 3.3.5 client that you use to play Blackrock, Lordaeron and Icecrown here on Warmane. If you have the client already, nothing else needs to be done.

If you don't have the basic 3.3.5 WotLK client yet, you can download it from https://www.warmane.com/download

5. you can play on 1x . it will boring 1x level up at vanilla

6. Is this oficially approved that the beta chars get wiped before launch?

7. Is this oficially approved that the beta chars get wiped before launch?
    99.9% confirmed that the character database will be wiped between Beta and Launch.

8. Yes, in the open world bots can't be killed on a pve server, however
    1. this is not a blizzard server, so admins will probably actually do something about botting
    2. bots will very often just go inside dungeons, there you can't contest them too much
    3. I have seen low-level, "throwaway" bot characters that are grinding skins off of low-level mobs. they are just grinding gold selling greys/skins or w/e

There was another point about faction balance:
    On WoW Classic, pretty much every PVP server is completely 1-sided, meaning almost all or all of the other faction transferred away to another realm.
    PVE servers are more balanced (in wow classic) than pvp servers. That project had a really long lifetime at this point we are at the 4th year anniversary of it launching!
    Also every time I look at the PVE servers, they keep growing. They are now over 10k players for the biggest ones! They used to be like half of that!
    Pretty much all this. PvP doesn't stop bots...it may make a few players feel better because they can harass a bot in the wild, but that botter has dozens of bots running and you're only stopping one instance of them, while the others are free to bot. It feels good, sure, but it doesn't accomplish anything. Good player reporting, anti-cheats that accurately flag potential botters, and active admins that actually "clean up" botters are the only effective way to address them. And as we saw in Classic, most bots end up farming instances anyways...where they can't be harrassed.

As far "competition for resources"...there's the world bosses, which we've mentioned SHOULD be in flagged subzones...preferably arena-flagged like Gurubashi Arena. When we move on to TBC, I believe that goes on...places like the elemental plateau should be treated the same way. Not only does this promote the "world PvP and competition"...but it makes that PvP factionless...you really are competing for it, there's no benefit for being on the dominant faction while doing so. There's alternate ways to get those resources, they're just slower. It's like going into Wintergraps to farm Eternals vs the other places scattered around Northrend. Wintergrasp has better drop rates, usually denser mob pop, quicker respawns, and no trash that doesn't drop what you're looking for in the mix...but when you're farming there, you're flagged, even on PvE servers.

I also look at how Classic's PvP servers are single-faction, and the only balanced servers are PvE...and yeah, I think the "PvP is best" argument falls apart.

9. hey guys plz send me link to download vanilla if there is a link or should i download just lich king client ???
    The first page has all the information on this, it says

"You will be able to experience the original spells, talents and mechanics, gear stats and functions of each expansion, without having to switch your standard WoW client that you own and use to play on Warmane realms with."

There is a download link at the top of this website if you don't already have the client.

10. Vanilla without World PvP is boring as ****. The whole point of that expansion is to roam around in the open world and do stuff. i realize that u wotlk andys wont understand the meaning behind of it, since all u do is sitting afk in dalaran pressing ur RDF button, which you actually can do now as well since u'll get it rdf.

i just hope that worldbuffs meta will be handled, cant deal with that ****.

11. Good evening guys,
    Good evening dear Warmane Team,

first of all i have to say a big thank you for that idea of this new server, it came perfect in time! :)
    For me the Classic Year or how long it will be is the juiciest part :) BUT i have some Questions:

- Ranking System? Was it possible to recreate the old System from Classic or what Type will be used?
    - Good old Hit Calculation from back then? or the wotlk one with like 10 Hit on Items instead of 1 back then
    - Any Class Balance changes? Or will it all be all like old classic? (its important to know before rolling any class :D)
    - What is this Pay Shop? (Im new here cuz of this server) (Is it pay2win Server? Or what type of stuff will be selled there for this new realm?)
    - Instance Boosting / Item Farm Services / Gdkp ect forbidden or allowed?
    - Good Old Racials? like perception on cooldown not as passive thing
    - Classic Phase Itemization? (like Hoj early Angerforge, Thundefury later in Game good for Rogs, Spellpower Upgrades on some Items with newer Patch ect)
    - x5 XP Rate - Herbs/Mining Spawns/Rep little increased too?
    - Profession Skillrate maybe to 1.3% Skillrate to prevent the stuck with x5 XP a bit

I think i could ask another 50 Questions, super hyped. :D

12. I agree with all these suggestions and comments other than needing to have BELFs/Dren pally/sham in vanilla and DKs in vanilla. Just have wotlk talents/skill for vanilla race/class specs and add in belfs and drainei in tbc and dks in wotlk

13. Just have wotlk talents/skill for vanilla race/class specs
    NO, just no.

14. Don't get so hyped, read it's running under the 3.3.5a client.

Which means that it will be Wotlk with level cap at 60 and no access to Outlands or Northrend areas / items / proffesions / misc.

Starting from Vanilla would mean a new client, constant patching, bug tracking, etc.

We'll see what really goes on.

15. Test recommendations

Ordinary Edition:
    1. NightElf can choose Paladin, and the Spell casting action is set to any other ?such as Human or Dwarfo or Gnome.
    2. Gnome or Dwarf can choose Shaman, and Troll can choose Druid.
    3. Exp*5, PVE. After all, the world of someone disappeared on January 23 the year, and that path proved to be unworkable.
    4. Military rank titles and redemption are tenure.
    Advanced Edition:
    1. NightElf can choose Paladin, and the Spell casting action is set to any other ?such as Human or Dwarfo or Gnome. Do not let NightElf and Troll ears pass through the model.
    2.Gnome or Dwarf can choose Shaman, Troll can choose Druid, and Tauren can choose paladin.
    3. Gnome or Dwarf replaced with Werewolf, and preserve the optional a shaman.
    4. A tank is a real tank,dps can or may not be, after all, this is difficult.
    If the advanced edition is feasible, then it solves the meaning and benefits of ONYXIA, otherwise it is impossible to rely on that icecrown plan alone.

First ... 1353616263646573113 ... Last