1. May 9, 2016  

Two factor athentication is now available in-game

Greetings Warmane community,

In our never ending attempts to make Warmane a secure and a safe place for anyone who decides to play it, with client local backups for users, our fully encrypted website with SSL certificate, we have went ahead and taken the next step in making all accounts secure by enabling two factor authentication in-game.

Across all expansions, users will be able to enable two factor authentication and they will be greeted by this window:

We hope you will take this feature and use it wisely to protect your accounts. Currently it's only enabled for Google Authenticator and we are working on implementing e-mail two factor authentication into the client and you can expect it to be live soon as well. You can also expect it to be not so rigorous as we implement the system which remembers you so you won't have to authenticate every time you log in.

To enable website and client two factor authentication, visit the security page and enable Google Two Factor Authentication.

Kind regards
    Warmane

2. May 9, 2016  

3. May 9, 2016  
    Does this mean that the "Require authenticator for this rank" checkbox in guild control works now?

4. May 9, 2016  

5. May 9, 2016  
    Can this be disabled if i want?
    I've already had two factor authentication enabled for all 30 of my accounts but i don't want to use it to log in with the game client because it's too much hassle. Please give us the option to enabled it for the website only. I really don't want to disable it. :(

6. May 9, 2016  

7. May 9, 2016  
    I've already had two factor authentication enabled for all 30 of my accounts but i don't want to use it to log in with the game client because it's too much hassle. Please give us the option to enabled it for the website only. I really don't want to disable it. :(
    I agree, website is fine for me but ingame it takes way to long to login.

8. May 9, 2016  
    We're working on making it so it remembers you and you won't have to authenticate every time, as written in the original post. You do also have to admit you're kind of an unique case as only multi-boxers will be the only ones having such issues until we implement what we mentioned above.

We hope this feature makes all accounts safer and everyone makes use of it.

9. May 9, 2016  
    I have to agree with some previous posters.

Can we get an option to disable the two step for in-game logging purposes? I like to keep two-step up for website, but don't want it when logging in-game.

10. May 9, 2016  
    I have to agree with some previous posters.

Can we get an option to disable the two step for in-game logging purposes? I like to keep two-step up for website, but don't want it when logging in-game.
    That option will be added later today, so it won't be a hassle to users which don't want it coupled, however we do recommend everyone to use it both within the client and on the website.

11. May 9, 2016  
    Security will be greatly improved, good job.

12. May 9, 2016  
    That option will be added later today, so it won't be a hassle to users which don't want it coupled, however we do recommend everyone to use it both within the client and on the website.
    Great news thanks!

13. May 9, 2016  
    Damn, Warmane never fails to amaze me. Awesome news, thank you for this.

#longlivewarmane

14. May 9, 2016  
    iSullivan
    I cant see myself using this feature, I'm using the email 2 step authentication - works perfectly fine, but I wont mind either if it's forced.

15. May 9, 2016  
    I cant see myself using this feature, I'm using the email 2 step authentication - works perfectly fine, but I wont mind either if it's forced.
    Currently it's only enabled for Google Authenticator and we are working on implementing e-mail two factor authentication into the client and you can expect it to be live soon as well. You can also expect it to be not so rigorous as we implement the system which remembers you so you won't have to authenticate every time you log in.
    You can make use of that in-game very soon as well, if you desire so. Security can only be as good as the user wants it to be. It is our task to make options available to the playerbase and everything else is up to the players. These are additional options of course, but nothing will ever beat the old fashioned 'not sharing account information' trick.

123 ... Last