1. Haste vs Mastery for Affliction pvp 5.4

So ever since molten got back up on it's feet, i been playing my lock on a haste build. basically gemmed the **** out of haste and reforged to haste.

I'm trying out a mastery build now and im not so convinced with it damage wise.

So is there a certain haste soft cap i need to be at while doing this mastery build? Or can i just do the exact opposite of my haste build and gem/reforge everything to mastery?

2. Necroing cuz i'm curious to know this too...

3. It depends on your playstyle. Both haste and mastery are good. If you want your dots to deal hard dmg go mastery build. If you want to cast faster and reduce gcd to 1 sec go haste. Usually most locks prefer haste build because it will reduce cast time on many spells such as UA, Haunt, Fear which is more valuable then mastery build. Especially when you are having problems with interrupts.

4. After first trying out full mastery build then going into full haste build, I really don't see a difference in damage done (DoTs wise) when I was doing arenas (this was before the March 17th updates).

However, I found that full haste build + Dark Soul + Malefic Grasp was doing slightly more dmg than mastery build, but I'm not sure if is after I got more geared or the opponents are less geared.

5. Haste is the superior stat, shorter GCD, more DoT ticks and simply the fact that you can "do more" in "less time" is better than the extra damage you gain from mastery, which at the end of the day might be a little bit more per tick, but doesn't help much when you as haste have more ticks.

6. can you get 26% haste on your own (or in your arenacomp [boomkin aura or so]) -> haste

otherwise mastery

26% give 3 dot ticks more and that provides more dmg

7. can you get 26% haste on your own (or in your arenacomp [boomkin aura or so]) -> haste

otherwise mastery

26% give 3 dot ticks more and that provides more dmg
    with my current gear it's really hard to reach that breakpoint(26 even with boomy).which is the before one :/

8. My question is which is better - Intellect or Haste / Mastery ?

I'm referring to the wrist enchant.

9. for wrist enchant go for int.
    you go for 320 haste gems or 80 int with 160 haste in red sockets though. eventually when you get the haste cap you can go for mastery. the thing is that on a gem you get 160 int or 320 mastery/haste and wrist enchant gives more int than mastery. if the wrist enchant was giving lets say 360 haste you would definitely want to go for it.

about haste there is a cap, i cant find the exact number, but it was about 9200 or something - giving you extra dot ticks and then mastery becomes the main stat.