1. PvP - Which is better Destro or Affli (after the latest fix)

Just trying to get an opinion, really confused about this.

Which is better for PvP - Destruction or Affliction (full grievous gear)

2. I didnt tried affi yet but as destro. It is hard to play now after latest fix..

Last 2 changelog nerfed locks..

- We dont get benefit from glimore of sacrifice healt bonus without giving one point to soul link. Therefore healt pool decreased if we choise sacrificial pact or dark bargain...

-Fel flame mana cost corrected.. Now it costs 72k... Before lastest fix. it was consuming 36k mana and we were dealing more damage by grimore of sacrifice %25 spell bonus.. And it was really nice skill when u re backpedalling against mele classes...

I think it is the right time now to switch affi...

I ll be pleasured if someone tried affi and share their experience with us...

3. For me, destro performs slightly better in bgs in general, while affliction dominates arenas especially 3v3s.
    Affliction is working quite nicely, however there are some minor bugs such as GoSup being very buggy.

4. I played destro until the arenas arrived. I find affliction both enjoyable and effective in BGs and arenas since you can do a lot of damage while jumping around and avoiding melees, unlike destro where you have to stay still to cast Chaos bolt, incinerate, etc.

@Nikco i tried using GSup last night, all the pet skills seem to work already.

5. I played destro until the arenas arrived. I find affliction both enjoyable and effective in BGs and arenas since you can do a lot of damage while jumping around and avoiding melees, unlike destro where you have to stay still to cast Chaos bolt, incinerate, etc.
    When I was playing Affliction in Bgs, I found that vs against melee classes (warriors and rogues in particular), I would barely survive their burst if I did not put down a portal first. IN destro however, I was able to kite them much easier.

6. When I was playing Affliction in Bgs, I found that vs against melee classes (warriors and rogues in particular), I would barely survive their burst if I did not put down a portal first. IN destro however, I was able to kite them much easier.
    Yeah, in bgs I feel a lot squishier as afflic, but I find it a lot easier to kill melee classes as well. Place dots, cast Dark Soul, refresh with soul burn: soul swap, use mortal coil/howl of terror to freecast haunt = dead warr if nobody else is trying to hit you

I also enjoy blowing everyone up with Shadowburns/Chaos bolts as destro though. Both specs are pretty viable, so I guess its all up to your preferences

7. what's the main status for afflic? mastery? haste? or crit?

8. OK, I've played affliction since the time I asked this question. Found it to be pretty good. Its definitely better than destruction.

There are a few bugs in affliction, but all in all we need to give a hand to the molten team for a job well-done.

Haven't yet tried the pets, will get back on that later.

Yeah, in bgs I feel a lot squishier as afflic, but I find it a lot easier to kill melee classes as well. Place dots, cast Dark Soul, refresh with soul burn: soul swap, use mortal coil/howl of terror to freecast haunt = dead warr if nobody else is trying to hit you

I also enjoy blowing everyone up with Shadowburns/Chaos bolts as destro though. Both specs are pretty viable, so I guess its all up to your preferences
    I think thats true, in BGs, i usually try to keep my distance, and try not to stand in one place.

A few days into playing affliction, i realized you are dead everytime you don't have a portal up or a demonic gate nearby. So as soon as you mount-off, set your safe guards first (portal or gateway)

what's the main status for afflic? mastery? haste? or crit?
    Not sure about that so far.

I've heard the following

1. Mastery > Haste > crit
    2. Mastery = Haste > crit - this seems to be the general agreement between people.
    3. Haste > Mastery > Crit - I'm speccing as per this. Faster casts = fewer interrupts.

But if you have a choice between Int and Haste - I'm not sure which would be better. If anyone can answer this, it would be very helpful. eg. boot enchant.

For me, destro performs slightly better in bgs in general, while affliction dominates arenas especially 3v3s.
    Affliction is working quite nicely, however there are some minor bugs such as GoSup being very buggy.
    Destro is a good spec, but with my playing style - where I usually get greedy and try to kill a few people myself, I prefer affli. Also if you are against more than 1 melee with destro you are in trouble, with affliction since you have dots up, I felt i've had a better chance of survival.
    Gotta love MoP, used to hate casting all those DoTs in WoTLK.

P.S. : Please note that all my testing has been in unrated BGs and not yet in arenas.
    P.S.2 : Do rated BGs work ?

9. ...where I usually get greedy and try to kill a few people myself, I prefer affli. Also if you are against more than 1 melee with destro you are in trouble, with affliction since you have dots up, I felt i've had a better chance of survival.
    Doesn't this hold especially for destruction?

From my own experience I can say that destruction is much better than affliction when facing multiple opponents alone. And affliction does work very well when you are moving in a group. (with a healer on your back)

10. I've heard the following

2. Mastery = Haste > crit - this seems to be the general agreement between people.
    3. Haste > Mastery > Crit - I'm speccing as per this. Faster casts = fewer interrupts.

But if you have a choice between Int and Haste - I'm not sure which would be better. If anyone can answer this, it would be very helpful. eg. boot enchant.
    I personally use the mastery boot enchant because it also gives a small movement speed increase.

For stat priority, I believe there is a cap for Haste where you get to a point that you feel the most comfortable with, then you start gemming mastery.

11. was there any nerf to CB and SB?

i remember before wipe i was dealing 100-120k dmg with CBs and 80k-160k dmg with SB

now in avarage,with CDs popped, im doing 70k CBs,sometimes even deal 30k normal dmg,when tooltip says 130k dmg

with SB tooltip says 190k dmg, and i only do 30k SBs the highest i could do is 60k on some lower gear

theres something definetly wrong here

btw im full tyrannical gear with one grievous

12. was there any nerf to CB and SB?

i remember before wipe i was dealing 100-120k dmg with CBs and 80k-160k dmg with SB

now in avarage,with CDs popped, im doing 70k CBs,sometimes even deal 30k normal dmg,when tooltip says 130k dmg

with SB tooltip says 190k dmg, and i only do 30k SBs the highest i could do is 60k on some lower gear

Since there is nothing about it on the bugtracker, I'm assuming you should check your buffs when you test CB and SB. Buffs do stack and more mastery = more dmg.

13. i didnt do a test,these are just based on bgs,so with bg buffs and my offensive CDs popped

but test or no test a spell thats tooltip says 190k dmg shouldnt crit for 30k..

14. was there any nerf to CB and SB?

really? i still do 100k-120k damage with CB and even 180k if my SB is crit. I'm full tyrannical too. Maybe u hit someone with defensive burst or something.

15. Not sure about that so far.

I've heard the following

hmmm. Thank you for your information. :)

123 ... Last