1. May 1, 2016  
    Simple solution, use prices from the store for character trading.

Level 80: 10 coins
    +
    Gear: Heroic items 23 coins etc. etc.

So that way you get a final fair price for everyone.

If system worked like that Id personally purchase a character or two but this way Im not going to spend 300-400 euros to purchase a character thats not even full heroic.

2. May 1, 2016  
    People not buying because u must donate 300$ atleast to get something :))
    Simple solution, use prices from the store for character trading.

Level 80: 10 coins
    +
    Gear: Heroic items 23 coins etc. etc.

So that way you get a final fair price for everyone.

If system worked like that Id personally purchase a character or two but this way Im not going to spend 300-400 euros to purchase a character thats not even full heroic.
    Community, this a market, and it works just like a real life market would.
    If / when people notice they are not selling (enough), they will lower their prices. That is how supply and demand works. There is no need for us to overregulate the market as if we were dictatorships.

3. May 1, 2016  
    If / when people notice they are not selling (enough), they will lower their prices. That is how supply and demand works. There is no need for us to overregulate the market as if we were dictatorships.
    We cant lower the price coz of the minimum prices set by you?

4. May 1, 2016  
    This system is doomed in its current form, unfortunately.

It's actually interesting the dictatorship comment was made. By DEFINITION this system is a fascist oligarchical model, that is COMPLETELY out of touch with the playerbase and reality. I have NO STAKE in this system... but here is the current model, and what can be the ONLY outcome:

1. The government (warmane) has set the prices of the supply, which sellers (companies) can not alter. It has a stake in the profits of said sales.
    2. Only a select few in the 'elite' class, can access the system at all, due to the privilege of having donated. The lower class need not apply.
    3. The prices of toons are calculated to bolster & reinforce the existing coin market values, instead of the player's perceived needs / prices.
    4. The demand therefore becomes 0, and the supply will inevitably follow as people abandon the feature for being 'useless'.
    5. Warmane makes no profits because the system has collapsed, and refuses to alter the system to what WOULD work.

Unfortunately the only system that players would actually support, is a REAL free market where the seller sets prices, and an AUCTION + BUYOUT method is adopted, similar to ebay, or any similar platform. Warmane wants to maintain the 'value' of coins however, so that model would undercut it unavoidably.

Under the current coin model, this is problematic to say the least, and most likely impossible to overcome. A reserve system, advanced fee system (while maintaining the auction format), or any other number of solutions would still, in the end, evade the current coins value.

Just pointing out some obvious things for possible changes in the future. Like I said, I have ZERO interest in this system, but anyone with a basic grasp of buying & selling can see the current form of this feature will not be successful.

GL

5. May 1, 2016  
    Lol at the post above me. I'm not even going to quote it because it's a giant pile of rant trash. Some of y'all take this **** too serious.

6. May 1, 2016  
    How can I lower a price when it doesn't allow me to sell for less?

7. May 2, 2016  
    A suggestion not about the crazy high prices.

Would you be able to add a filter and sorting option? Currently it is only sorted by price, so I think, especially for Lordaeron, other methods would greatly improve the character buying experience.

Filters: level range, achievement point minimum, price range, average item level of gear

Sorting: Alphabetical, level, achievement points, price
    Sorting by clicking the headers of the columns has been added.
    (This includes character trading, item trading, coin and point shops)

The chances of a "filter" per say are 50/50, I will speak with Kaer and see if we can add gold, avg ilvl to the listing (for sorting).

I also notice some people having an issue with characters not showing up in the trading system after the expected 10 minute interval.

There are a lot of "internal" workings going on behind the scenes during this period for the character, including making an original copy of it incase anything happens to the characters as a precaution.

Some characters have had problems making an original copy, as such within 1 HOUR they return to the original account holder and expire within the trading system.

We have identified the issues causing this and they will be resolved on all realms over the coming few days.

We will add an expired trading section, as well as status information to the "character's i'm selling" and "expired trades (to come)" sections.

8. May 2, 2016  
    I mean, how am I supposed to get my 5.7k arms warrior to sell for 227 coins? no one would buy that..
    Let us adjust the exact price of our characters, atleast 80-10000 coins instead of 227-10000 for an 5.7k warrior. :|

9. May 2, 2016  
    Also has the pricing issue been resolved on all realms? I would not like to buy a character and than have it taken back.
    Hello Warmane Staff, Please comment
    My questions are:
    You state the prices are already discounted from the marketplace prices for the characters value and what items come with it. How do you calculate the characters value on items you can not obtain through the marketplace?
    Since Warmane is calculating the values for characters for sale, there has to be some guidelines set. (Terms and Conditions), set by Warmane. We need an itemized breakdown of how Warmane sets the prices. We need to know exactly what you base the value of the character that is up for sell for each realm (Deathwing, Ragnaros and Lordearon) as not every item is offered on the marketplace.

Does Warmane think, if sellers can set their own prices it than becomes like the Auction House in which it can become a frenzy and the Warmane Market place could lose donations?

10. May 2, 2016  
    Sorting by clicking the headers of the columns has been added.
    (This includes character trading, item trading, coin and point shops)

The chances of a "filter" per say are 50/50, I will speak with Kaer and see if we can add gold, avg ilvl to the listing (for sorting).
    I figured the filter would have been a bit more complicated to add, but thank you for the sorting changes!

11. May 2, 2016  
    I figured the filter would have been a bit more complicated to add, but thank you for the sorting changes!
    Wow, Thanks Bioness for suggesting that filter change. Warmane still needs to work on the Armory for Lordaeron, as well as breaking down the values,list of the characters on all realms for pricing.

12. May 2, 2016  
    Wow, Thanks Bioness for suggesting that filter change. Warmane still needs to work on the Armory for Lordaeron, as well as breaking down the values,list of the characters on all realms for pricing.
    Has anyone sold or bought a character on Lordaeron Realm? If so, how does the seller feel about the price that was calculated for him or her? And how does the buyer feel about buying a character, sight unseen? Meaning not knowing what the actual character looks like or what type of gear its has. The seller can put in the description as 5k GS PvP or Pvp, but what is the name of the gear etc...

13. May 2, 2016  
    Has anyone sold or bought a character on Lordaeron Realm? If so, how does the seller feel about the price that was calculated for him or her? And how does the buyer feel about buying a character, sight unseen? Meaning not knowing what the actual character looks like or what type of gear its has. The seller can put in the description as 5k GS PvP or Pvp, but what is the name of the gear etc...
    Seller and buyer feelings have nothing to do with our calculations, so no, we won't allow players to define any amount they wish based on what they feel.

14. May 2, 2016  
    Unequip all items and check the character price > equip 1 item and check the price again, so you can see how much it is worth. Compare them to the same item in Marketplace.
    I still can not understand why achievement points are still included in price, since you can not obtain them via marketplace.

15. May 2, 2016  
    I have a little ideea.
    Depending on the ammount of coins spent on that character let the owner set the price lower that way ppl that actualy spent money on their chars can chose to get a smaller ammount but they will not lower the price too much since they also spent money to get it.

Also would like to see a system where donors can destroy their character for points.

First ... 18262728293038 ... Last