1. Clearly it is our own fault for having a little faith in the team behind the server.

I'll explain why it was definitely not obvious to me. The server went down a couple of times to activate the event, frost lord Ahune and the gear he drops is for most of the playerbase undoubtedly the main content. The event was farmable for a couple of hours and the server went down during these hours. So pressumably staff was still working on it. After the downtime the gear was still available and Ahune was still farmable, surely if this was not intended something would've been done by then? I honestly had no doubt in my mind when I sold my old 213 cloak. Why? I thought you wouldn't **** up this badly.

Boy was I wrong.
    No it's your fault for trying to equip an item that you know you cannot possibly obtain under the current patch. Clearly knew it was a mistake and thought that it was a "freebie". You delete your old sh*t and rush to this freebie. You get burned.

Furthermore, NOBODY first dequips and item and then tries to equip another one in the same slot. You always try to equip the new item by simply right clicking on it. If you can't, well, you can't. In this case, you shouldn've have been able to do so.

Then get a administrator on. This is unacceptable.

People have spend actual time OR real life money on getting the items lost because of your mistake
    OK Karen.

2. With the risk to upset a lot of you guys, I think this time the victims brought this to themselves and the staff should not recover their cloaks.

I'll start like so. In the warmane site you can read about the in-game rules. One of those talks about taking advantage of unintended features or bugs:
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=65037
    NO BUG EXPLOITING
    This may take many forms, but all of them are obvious. If you are profiting of any in-game advantage that shouldn't be happening normally, its a bug exploit and the fault for abusing it is yours and whoever is doing it with you. Don't blame the Server, GM's or Developers for it, as it will only get things worse for you.
    I admit, that I'm not really knowledgeable with the current dungeon event. I don't know how easy/hard it is to kill the boss, but I will ask you this: Wasn't it strange, that you had the possibility to kill a mob, that dropped a cloak way better than any other currently in Frostmourne?

I have tailoring and I can tell you something about the two epic cloak recipes. Those require a huge time investment and a lot of resources - one of them wants the tailor to do the LOREMASTER achievement for Northrend, while the other requires Northrend dungeoneer. Could you imagine how much effort it would take to obtain them? And their ilvl is only 200.

Now let's talk Naxxramas. Think about the boss, that drops your BiS cloak. Think about the bosses you have to kill prior to him. Think about the BUFFED mechanics you have to avoid. Think about how hard it is to assemble a group of 25 people and to distribute the loot among the players. Wasn't it strange, that a cloak from a 5-man dungeon event was easier to obtain and it offered an upgrade over a raid cloak? Who could have participated in that event? Everyone that were lvl 80? How many 80s have the possibility to enter Naxx raids? Exactly. Now, knowing this, it should have been obvious, that the upgraded gear wasn't intended and the devs would have done sth about it sooner or later. Yes, they made a design mistake by implementing a loot table, which wasn't suited for the current patch. But such accidents are to be expected in a seasonal server with 3.3.5 talent trees and 3.3.5 locked instances. Also, bugs occur.

If I were you, I wouldn't have sold/disenchanted my old cloak knowing, that something was iffy. I admit I would have also used the new cloak, but I would have expected it to last until the end of the event, not permanently. There was no real reason to get rid of your past cloaks. The logic you try to defend is only applicable, when the said item is planned to stay in the game. You got screwed, because YOU ASSUMED it would stay. No one forced you to sell/disenchant your old cloaks, you did it on your own.
    Edited: June 21, 2020

3. Furthermore, NOBODY first dequips and item and then tries to equip another one in the same slot. You always try to equip the new item by simply right clicking on it. If you can't, well, you can't. In this case, you shouldn've have been able to do so.
    I might be wrong, but I think the 232 ilvl cloaks were equipable at start, that's why people wanted to keep and use them.

4. I might be wrong, but I think the 232 ilvl cloaks were equipable at start, that's why people wanted to keep and use them.
    Yea they were usable for good half a day or maybe more, so for people that genuinely didn't know its normal to DE or sell/delete old redundant gear.

I don't see why people are so against people retrieving their old cloaks, it doesn't hurt anyone and would make a lot of people happy. Its a game guys we don't need life lessons here.

5. Yea they were usable for good half a day or maybe more, so for people that genuinely didn't know its normal to DE or sell/delete old redundant gear.

I don't see why people are so against people retrieving their old cloaks, it doesn't hurt anyone and would make a lot of people happy. Its a game guys we don't need life lessons here.
    It may sound a bit ugly, but personally I find it kinda hilarious, that some people assumed the more upgraded items would stick around, so that they assumed it was safe to get rid of their old items (incl. Naxx-tier ones), and now they have the audacity to complain about this "mistreatment", to blame the devs and to demand some sort of a compensation. I mean, it's their fault, that they got screwed. No one forced them to sell/disenchant their previous items, the midsummer event ones were obviously stronger and easier to obtain than the currently existing ones in Frostmourne. Taking such bold actions w/o waiting for the staff to make a public announcement or taking the needed precautions against the worst case scenario, I mean, it all falls on the person's responsibility. In my eyes, they shouldn't blame someone else for this happening (not to mention, becoming aggressive) and ask for a rollback. People, who got scammed, ninja-d or were victims of a greater injustice (like the closing of Outland w/o a preliminary announcement) don't receive any support from the staff, even if it's not their fault.

Look how some users discussed this being unintended and tried to warn others, that the staff might intervene:

http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=422180

In Aldtharios's forum page, he warns the players to be cautious when dealing with scammers or ninjas:

http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=325598

This will NOT get you a refund of whatever gold or items you may have lost in the scam. GMs cannot refund any items or gold. This will simply remove the scammer temporarily from the game.

GMs should NOT be your shield against scams. Common sense and caution are the best ways to prevent yourself from scams.
    So the same advice could be applied here - be cautious, people!

But regardless of what I or other people might think, it's up to Warmane to decide whether they will make an exception to their rules and return the players their lost items. If the affected people want them back, they have to try really hard to convince the staff why they should get them. I tried to explain the reasons why the staff wouldn't do it, if they continue to say No. Also, you said it yourself - it's a game, so someone not getting their old cloak back wouldn't mean the end of the world.

6. If the affected people want them back, they have to try really hard to convince the staff why they should get them.
    That's what I'm here for, not complaining about mistreatment, or blaming anyone or anything like that just looking for my cloak back. I literally had no idea that this event wasn't legit, we don't all have vast knowledge of item levels and stuff.. this is all new content to me. Why you trying to cloak block us? What do you gain from that?

7. That's what I'm here for, not complaining about mistreatment, or blaming anyone or anything like that just looking for my cloak back. I literally had no idea that this event wasn't legit, we don't all have vast knowledge of item levels and stuff.. this is all new content to me. Why you trying to cloak block us? What do you gain from that?
    I just expressed my opinion on the matter and tried to explain Warmane's "item compensation" policy, which mainly applies to the coin shop. Like I've said, it's up to them to decide whether they will make an exception to their rules. Just know, that I have seen them saying "ignorance is not an excuse" multiple times, so they might not accept that argument.

One last thing, I didn't blame you personally for behaving like I've described above. I tried to be very careful with the usage of the 2nd person personal pronoun.

8. So when will the Cloaks/Staff be usable? Technically Ulduar will have ilvl over 232 from hard modes, does that mean once Ulduar drops it will be equipable?

9. So when will the Cloaks/Staff be usable? Technically Ulduar will have ilvl over 232 from hard modes, does that mean once Ulduar drops it will be equipable?
    Highly doubt it. ToC at the earliest, ICC more likely.

10. I genuanly thought it wasnt a mistake. Its been ages since i first stepped into this event, so i cant remember exactly what patch it was.
    Since its only a cloak (and a staff if you get lucky) It could have been this patch.

I think many others like me, didnt take advantage of anything. We simply did the event and equipped the cloak.

Lesson learned i guess. But you cant expect the entire playerbase to know when event items is supposed to be released?
    This is after all 2009 content.

- Finally got a response to my ticket, they wont do anything about it.

Great recover for your mistake Warmane

11. I genuanly thought it wasnt a mistake. Its been ages since i first stepped into this event, so i cant remember exactly what patch it was.
    Since its only a cloak (and a staff if you get lucky) It could have been this patch.

I think many others like me, didnt take advantage of anything. We simply did the event and equipped the cloak.

Lesson learned i guess. But you cant expect the entire playerbase to know when event items is supposed to be released?
    This is after all 2009 content.

- Finally got a response to my ticket, they wont do anything about it.

Great recover for your mistake Warmane
    You deleted your item, how is that their mistake?

12. You deleted your item, how is that their mistake?
    I'd love to see a screenshot of your bags/bank/gb overflowing with all the gear you've replaced since vendoring/DEing that gear seems so out of the question for you ;)

13. The ball was dropped, how can you possibly even remotely blame this on the players? SOME players knew we are sure, THEY knew this wasen't supposed to drop since it's clearly for the next patch's, but godamn don't sit here and think every player knows whats bis and not, Specially on the first patch of wotlk, We all know a whole lot of players had no idea this wasen't even supposed to be in game, but sure, go ahead and compleately ignore them while going after the few who did know just to get a foothold in this discussion, this represents a blame game from kindergarten.
    Edited: June 23, 2020

14. The ball was dropped, how can you possibly even remotely blame this on the players? SOME players knew we are sure, THEY knew this wasen't supposed to drop since it's clearly for the next patch's, but godamn don't sit here and think every player knows whats bis and not, Specially on the first patch of wotlk, We all know a whole lot of players had no idea this wasen't even supposed to be in game, but sure, go ahead and compleately ignore them while going after the few who did know just to get a foothold in this discussion, this represents a blame game from kindergarten.
    I explained it in my previous posts. Some users posted warnings on this site, they talked about how the items from this dungeon event are unusually stronger than what a person can normally obtain in the game. So the staff's intervention wasn't entirely out of the blue. Ok, I could imagine, that newer players might not realise the powerlevel gap between the tailoring cloak and the event one and decide to ditch the old one. In this case the damage can be easily undone, if that person completes some quests in Northrend, in order to obtain the needed gold for another cloak. But Naxx cloaks? I think it should have rung a bell, that obtaining a dungeon cloak, that has better stats over the one from the LAST BOSS of this 25-man RAID, is not something normal. So, in order to obtain the raid cloak, someone should either be very lucky and roll the highest number out of all other players or pay for the item with dkp, epgp priority or gold. Let's not forget the struggle to work as a team and to kill the boss. Now tell that person, that all of their efforts were in vein, cuz a dungeon cloak offered a better upgrade for basically no stakes whatsoever. It would have also made farming items from future raids pointless, which would have contradicted the linear progression of this server. Those just had to be removed.

I won't deny the fact, that the staff didn't react fast enough and they should make official announcements more often, but this time they aren't morally responsible for the loss of some people's cloaks. Sorry, but selling/disenchanting endgame items before the next patch hits is just unbelievable.
    Edited: June 23, 2020

15. Some knew for sure but remember not every player is a wotlk veteran or played it before to know adding this in the first tier in wotlk would be considered unintended.

First 1234 Last