1. May 20, 2018  
    Gona leave my own 2 cents, hey I'm on my coffee break so why not?

4.0.6 idea is... Not completely explained by community members i think, going back to 4.0.6 (including tallents, world, dungeons and class related changes) would require so much extra work and not everyone likes 4.0.6 that much so is it worth making the server to a lesser patch?

Depends, i don't really see the future to current server we have today, re-release is not really an option, working on a new core from open-source code that is available might be, especially if the scripts could be transferred from wotlk(which is hardly possible considering how many changes Cataclysm brought)

In retail most people hated 4.0.6 patch cause dungeons were pre-nerf everything was insanely difficult for an average player and i dont have a problem with hard dungeons, i like the challenge, however not everyone raids hardcore 7 days a week and pvp nonstop, some people just do an occasional dungeon and go hunt for transmog or roleplay...

Pvp was really not that much in a better state dying in arena ment that now your partner is left on a 1v1 match. Oh god, your partner is a dk and opponent is a retribution paladin... Time for 45 minutes duel that will end in a tie, really makes you consider horrible things like going out with your friends irl...

2. May 20, 2018  
    And btw

Your suggestion sucks, just a couple of months ago a new Cataclysm server launched with huge hype around it, it was a progression server so it essentially started out with the 4.0.6 content, and it went nowhere. In the course of 2 months everyone stopped talking about it and moved on to the next hype train.
    The server is still very much alive there are over 2k players at peaks which is pretty decent for a not so well known company

3. May 20, 2018  

4. May 20, 2018  

5. May 21, 2018  
    I'm for it +1 but I just boosted a character to 85 would I get the 30 coins back?

6. May 21, 2018  
    And btw

The server is still very much alive there are over 2k players at peaks which is pretty decent for a not so well known company
    Yeah... Nahhh, they peak at 1k at max, and its declining, i palyed there and i can assure that.

7. May 23, 2018  

A Compromise

Revert the server to 4.0.6 and refund the coins, the $$ made has been made. Unless you want to completely wipe everything and make some loyal donors upset. The goal is to keep current players, bring in new players, and old players.

I've been playing on Cataclysm private servers since 2012 and one thing I've learned over the years is that good population draws more population, blizz-like or custom. Even if the hype only lasts another 10 months, it's another 10 months the server had an active 900 population instead of what it is.

Some server suggestions:

XP rate 1-7, x1 being most rewarded and x7 no reward.

No Class/Race limitations.(Donor Perk Tauren Rogues LOL)

An additional difficulty to prolong cataclysm content. "Hard Mode"

X amount of gold in game buys you a coin.(Sink-hole)

Mass looting.
    Edited: May 25, 2018 Reason: An Idea

8. May 27, 2018  

9. May 27, 2018  
    No Class/Race limitations.(Donor Perk Tauren Rogues LOL).
    Gief this!^^

10. May 29, 2018  
    I quit WoW a long time ago,but back in Neltharion and Cata's prime on molten, I used to be the guildmaster of Neltharion's strongest guild and let me tell you something about 4.0.6 , back in the day was almost unplayable , 80% of the quests didn't work and the raids were in a sorry state. I raided the initial releases, they were hard as prenerf in blizz ,after a lot of work on molten's side, stuff started turning around by the time Firelands got released and it actually was pretty good at the time around the Ragnaros heroic race, but interest peaked and cata realms started to decline - the two MAIN culprits were 1st- deletion of the old data and the thing that has always slowly,but surely killed every private server - the over-availability of the donate gear - before even DS normal got released half of my guild, including myself had full DS Heroic gear and before you call us pay to win noobs, we got the gear exclusively from marketplace coin trade, myself winning two molten events. As time passed people were fully geared and unmotivated to raid, thats why we moved to retaiol, but thats's another story.

My advice would be if you do this - do it all the way and make it a unique Cata experience - a clean slate,dedicated dev team,fully or mostly working questing, phasing, progression release of raids and dungeon , not so high exp rate, term all of the old dungeons and raids(i doubt they are released even now, (although numerous times before were promised) and MOST IMPORTANTLY minimum gear in the donate shop - gear from the current raids should never be available, only once a tier has been cleared and the next one released, it should be included. This is the only way you will revitalize this wonderful expansion.
    Edited: May 29, 2018

11. May 30, 2018  
    So, is this happening or nah? I quit Warmane almost a year ago, after seeing that WotLK is completely stagnant and the TBC hype poofed. The one thing that can make me come back is Cata, but playing on Neltharion right now is useless because #1 - the realm is dead, peaking at 150 online, and #2 the realm is at end-game content, meaning there is 0 progress to be made.

Either reset the realm or close it. Keeping it up with 100 people online is like we're back in 2005, with realms running on potato computers with dial-up internet. It's obvious that Neltharion is currently running at a loss for you, and at no benefit to players either.

12. May 30, 2018  
    Either reset the realm or close it.
    And yet again I have to ask: why?

I can see the validity of the request to change the patch version, as that means mechanics changes and such. Maybe 4.0.6 was subjectively better for enough people, I don't know. But reset? Why? The very argument that it's "just 100 people" makes that request self-defeating: if it's that few people, why should they matter in a well-populated server? How do people asking for a reset deal with playing anything online that they weren't there at the very beginning, since there will always be people with more progression than you then?

If one isn't playing because of the version it's understandable. But to not play because there's a handful of people who will have more progression? They are people who have stuck this long with Neltharion, I'd see them trying to help new people so the server can grow, not use their better equipment to ruin it. So what's the issue? Hopefully not just some sort of "they have better stuff than me" envy thing.

13. June 1, 2018  
    This is a question mostly for Mercy & Obnoxious! What do you think can be done to revive the cata servers? I also remember an idea floated in the molten days by the staff to give players a way to return some of their coins from gear bought. That was obviously several years ago - and the player auction house might be the solution they decided on( a great one at that). Do you think it's possible they will ever add a almost "disenchant my character" feature? Say maybe a return of 30% or something of the coins you spent on that toon?

In all my time playing WoW I without a doubt had the most fun playing Cata here on Molten/Warmane, no competition. Because of real life I had to take a break for over a year and was crushed to find the population sub 100 upon return. Many people have suggested a reset to 4.0.6 which I think could bring back some life into the server, but probably only temporarily in the long run.

The only reasons I can personally agree to this idea was because I had the most fun during those times because Isle of Tol'barad was so packed because of a few reasons , some unique to molten. The daily quests gave gear worth earning but also, they were bugged to give a larger then retail amount of gold for a long time. This meant even if the gear/rewards were no longer of value to you, the gold was still worth doing. This lead to a LARGE amount of world PVP, with many players on both factions fighting out there for fun in groups!

Sadly once that was fixed the PVP and population on the isle swiftly died down. I so badly wish I could play another max population cata server during 4.0.6, I don't believe it's something I'll get to experience in my life again. I find having so many full geared characters that I love but can't utilize in the same way saddening, knowing I have spent well over 1,000 coins on a now near dead server.

TLDR: Molten Cata servers were some of the best times I've ever had, don't see how it can be revived to a full healthy population, any hope of ever getting some coins spent back.
    Edited: June 1, 2018 Reason: **** grammar

14. June 1, 2018  
    sounds cool
    speakin for 6-7 players i know we'd all check it out

15. June 1, 2018  
    What do you think can be done to revive the cata servers?
    In theory or in practice? In theory, players could start coming back and playing or development could resume, and one would cause the other to happen. In practice, I don't see either side wanting to take the first step, both just pointing at the other as the reason for their side to not do it. Since resuming development required taking resources from other parts of the project that still need them, they won't be moved to a server that displays such low actual interest (players saying they "would play if" aren't really going to be taken into the equation), and players on the other hand won't start playing just in the hopes that if they come back there will be development happening, which might never happen if the Administration sticks to the plan of not putting more effort into an expansion that just won't give a good RoI, even if populated, with all the extra coding complications that it introduced to the game.

I also remember an idea floated in the molten days by the staff to give players a way to return some of their coins from gear bought. That was obviously several years ago - and the player auction house might be the solution they decided on( a great one at that). Do you think it's possible they will ever add a almost "disenchant my character" feature? Say maybe a return of 30% or something of the coins you spent on that toon?
    No idea what happened to that thought. I haven't seen it mentioned in a long time, but that doesn't necessarily means anything as Moderators aren't kept in the loop for that sort of thing before they are released or about to be.

First ... 3456 Last