1. Cloud Serpent Riding skill

Another update and the Serpent Riding skill is not fixed. However, I just met a mage in Icecrown who could fly a Thundering August Cloud serpent, and when asking him how he got the skill he said he "earned it" somehow through his guild and a GM. If GMs are giving the skill out to players, will a simple ticket help us resolve this then?

I think people shouldn't be allowed to ride serpents in-game when the official way to get the skill does not work yet. When they fly them it means either that some players are getting favors from GMs or they are exploiting the game.

2. Another update and the Serpent Riding skill is not fixed. However, I just met a mage in Icecrown who could fly a Thundering August Cloud serpent, and when asking him how he got the skill he said he "earned it" somehow through his guild and a GM. If GMs are giving the skill out to players, will a simple ticket help us resolve this then?

I think people shouldn't be allowed to ride serpents in-game when the official way to get the skill does not work yet. When they fly them it means either that some players are getting favors from GMs or they are exploiting the game.
    Simply get into a water mount it and ride it, unfortunately you cant fly with it

3. Simply get into a water mount it and ride it, unfortunately you cant fly with it
    who could fly a Thundering August Cloud serpent,
    Them reading capabilities though.

Yeah, m8. You just gotta accept that favoritism exists in this world.

And maybe if you get the rep and get the Thundering August Cloud Serpent (dailies only); it might be bugged and does not require the cloud serpent riding skill.

Otherwise, yeah they are giving it out to a select few people. Nothing you can do about it, just don't let it bother you and rock out with:

a cenarion hippogryph /
    netherdrake /
    skettish ray mount (i have that one ^_^) /
    #IfOnlyTalbuksCouldFly /
    or donate for another badass mount (got my Cata mage the frostwyrm w/ refund, so sexy).

I believe some WotLK drakes can be obtained too.

Besides, cloud serpents (though I love my Thundering August for my monk on retail), are the lamest versions of dragons i've ever seen (really hate that type of dragon; Deathwing is definitely the best looking dragon in WoW, and his body style is that of a true dragon, imo.)

4. I did see a couple of people 'flying' Cloud serpents ( Onyx serpent from the quest in Townlong ) Not sure what's all that about. However iirc staff said fixing Serpent riding was not on priority so I guess there's no point making noise about it.

Has anyone tried getting Alani on Sargeras yet ? I've seen it without its shield 3 times now but every time it was non-targettable which makes me suspect that it is bugged. I'd rather not waste my Sky Crystal if I won't be able to target / kill Alani.

5. I did see a couple of people 'flying' Cloud serpents ( Onyx serpent from the quest in Townlong ) Not sure what's all that about. However iirc staff said fixing Serpent riding was not on priority so I guess there's no point making noise about it.

Has anyone tried getting Alani on Sargeras yet ? I've seen it without its shield 3 times now but every time it was non-targettable which makes me suspect that it is bugged. I'd rather not waste my Sky Crystal if I won't be able to target / kill Alani.
    Yes i tried and its pointless even if u remove buff from him u cant attack him, so save the Sky Crystal for now.

6. I got alani over the weekend pulled him from the tree .
    Character Starshipx
    Realm Sargeras

Loggng on now at the shrine if any want to check it out:)

7. i saw another guy yesterday with cloud serpent riding ( an onyx one) ..and he didnt have it 2-3 days ago, also he was flying with it not crawling!

8. I saw an ally fly with one as well. Some players are indeed able to fly it (he told me he got it from a GM through writing a ticket in game).

9. Keep in mind that they could also quite possibly be fly hacking... If they are not able to fix it,I doubt they are able to give it out manually.

10. They are not fly hacking. They had the Cloud Serpent mount and when highlighting it with my cursor it said 310%.

11. Keep in mind that they could also quite possibly be fly hacking... If they are not able to fix it,I doubt they are able to give it out manually.
    I doubt they hacking, theres a very honest guy that he told me he isnt using fly hack at all, hes a very nice guy and not mean, just that he just dont wanna give out much info on how to fly it cuz imo to him makes him special and doesnt want everyone to copy him.

If you knew how to do it, you also wouldnt tell how cuz you love to show off and it's fun to u.

12. Thanks for the replies everyone!

Yeah, m8. You just gotta accept that favoritism exists in this world.

And maybe if you get the rep and get the Thundering August Cloud Serpent (dailies only); it might be bugged and does not require the cloud serpent riding skill.

Otherwise, yeah they are giving it out to a select few people. Nothing you can do about it, just don't let it bother you...

...Besides, cloud serpents (though I love my Thundering August for my monk on retail), are the lamest versions of dragons i've ever seen (really hate that type of dragon; Deathwing is definitely the best looking dragon in WoW, and his body style is that of a true dragon, imo.)
    The serpents appearance I guess is subjective, I usually obtain whatever new kind of mount is available in each expansion and roll with that for the duration of it, so for MoP I'd really like to fly cloud serpents, that's just me. It's like playing WotLK and not being able to ride proto-drakes!

As for favoritism, I would understand donors being able to fly them by somehow buying the skill for coins, favoritism for actual supporters is not bad; however, favoritism in general for GMs' friends or family I wouldn't say is making me happy. This is why I think this is not the case, and that's why I would like Molten to clear the issue up and either tell us that a simple ticket will solve the problem, or how to obtain the skill besides the reputation, they have the means to do that, and it would be more fair to everyone.

For the Thundering August Cloud Serpent I really don't know if it flies just like that, but I doubt it does without the skill.

I doubt they hacking, theres a very honest guy that he told me he isnt using fly hack at all, hes a very nice guy and not mean, just that he just dont wanna give out much info on how to fly it cuz imo to him makes him special and doesnt want everyone to copy him.

If you knew how to do it, you also wouldnt tell how cuz you love to show off and it's fun to u.
    This makes sense, but in order for us to know what is going on we need to know that it's neither flyhacking nor a GM favor, so that we can either be patient until the fix (which might take long since it's not on a high priority as someone else also mentioned above) or keep trying to find ways to either somehow obtain the skill, or make them fly.

If I found a way, trust me you'd all know, people that think this makes them special are just selfish, and not considerate enough of other players IMHO.

13. I doubt they hacking, theres a very honest guy that he told me he isnt using fly hack at all, hes a very nice guy and not mean, just that he just dont wanna give out much info on how to fly it cuz imo to him makes him special and doesnt want everyone to copy him.

Depends on the person I guess. If I did know a way of flying those serpents I would tell everyone .... Why not share something that supposedly the Staff is unable to fix.

14. Why not share something that supposedly the Staff is unable to fix.
    Is not like it'd be hard to fix it either, they could just place a trainer who sells the skills when you're exalted and that'd be the end of the problem.

15. today i saw another guy a horde hunter with serpent riding.
    the number of ppl know how to get it seems getting increasing.

12 Last