1. Items will be only added to the marketplace, once a raid is considered finished. In terms of time, keeping in mind with double-resets, this can be a week or two after several guilds finish this raid. This is how it was done on Frostwolf and the realms before that shared the similar design.

The marketplace should not impact the race to realm firsts in any manner. It is a catch-up mechanic for people who cannot dedicate the same amounts of time as other more immersed players.

For those who are in it for the race to defeat bosses, marketplace can only serve as an additional tool to gear up their alts, otherwise they will have to rely on their own skill to finish the raid and grab the best items.

And let's be serious here, most people use the marketplace to bridge a small gap. Most people get a weapon or a trinket at most (and mostly to get a bit better gear to join a guild) and everyone who plays on Icecrown that PvE guilds barely ever use the marketplace for PvE items, they've got 3 or 4 teams doing raids and items are coming out in heaps. Most raiders on Icecrown have multiple geared characters and barely ever used the marketplace. And most players who use the marketplace use it for alts or to catch-up with their friends, to get into the game faster.

Also Shadowmourne is not going to be on the marketplace. It simply does not follow the rules of the marketplace design.

We understand that many players that like Lordaeron also like this concept, but this is a high rate realm and it is intended to be high-rate and fast-paced, which is why content that usually takes several years is condensed into one and there's double resets.

Now, for the final and most important thing, the realm needs to be sustainable and no matter what anyone says, high-rate realms are popular, stable and in the long run overall better for keeping an active community. Lordaeron is an exception among many, there's practically no other realm, nor from others or that Warmane made recently that is like it.

x1 rate realms without marketplaces are great, but in our experience and so far what has time shown, the barrier of entry for an average player of today is just too high so the community cannot get a stable influx of new players to keep it alive and eventually it wanes out. We are making a realm that we think will be stable and popular in the long run and many would do the experience all over again. The marketplace is a part of this, and while many dislike it, it is essential to keeping a server alive with actual dedicated staff and professional maintenance and players actually use it.

Also, it seems to be in fashion to talk trash about using the marketplace, even if one does not believe what they are saying. I cannot say how many times, I've seen someone trashing it and seeing their history full of obtained items through the marketplace. Same with people who say that they earned their gold and brag about it, while when checking their history we can see they obtained it through a gold selling website. People are obsessed with making it look like they genuinely got their items, like the source of it really matters. It should not affect any hardcore players by any means. A guy without a driver's license can't drive a Ferrari, no matter how many he has.

It's also fun to laugh at contributors, apparently, but without them, none of this would be possible and our realms wouldn't be so stable and long-standing.

2. Please dont add last 3 boss ( 25 n & hc)loots of icc ,no rs hc loot and no legendaries in point shop......rest all is perfect and wl auto balance the experience for all

Talking from experience on warmane specifically.

3. Thanks for the detailed reply Proterean, I think that's enough information to understand that the marketplace won't affect the race to realmfirst itself. At least for a player like myself interested in the race to realmfirsts, that's all that matters - I don't personally care at all if the marketplace is open afterwards, for whatever reason.

4. How soon after release will you be able to boost up alts?

5. Items will be only added to the marketplace, once a raid is considered finished. In terms of time, keeping in mind with double-resets, this can be a week or two after several guilds finish this raid. This is how it was done on Frostwolf and the realms before that shared the similar design.

The marketplace should not impact the race to realm firsts in any manner. It is a catch-up mechanic for people who cannot dedicate the same amounts of time as other more immersed players.
    LUL not bad I like, should be fun

6. People are obsessed with making it look like they genuinely got their items, like the source of it really matters. It should not affect any hardcore players by any means. A guy without a driver's license can't drive a Ferrari, no matter how many he has.

It's also fun to laugh at contributors, apparently, but without them, none of this would be possible and our realms wouldn't be so stable and long-standing.
    Basically shut the hell up and enjoy the server.

7. If this realm is a seasonable realm (from 3.0.0 to 3.3.5 a) ..I have a question if hunters could tame the ghosts wolves in Dustwallow Marsh in the first seasons of the realm? Don’t tell me “NO” warmane, if this is seasonable :V

8. @lichking96 The seasonable term is more regarding to raids and gear being unlocked in a progression style, not the patches. The whole thing will most likely be 3.3.5 all the way through, so everything (bugs, talents..) that could be done in previous patches will most likely not be possible on the realm.

9. Those that are concerned about the marketplace should think about the shortness of each tier-phase's duration. Even if someone buys full BiS gear as soon as available, it will all become outdated within less than 2.5 months. In fact, for this very reason there will presumably be much fewer donors on this server than on ICC or BR to begin with, providing a much more balanced gameplay.

10. Just to clarify, since I didn't see it stated... With Naxx being released first, would it be considered the same patch that Naxx was? Therefore there being no dungeon finder? This may be crucial for leveling / gearing at max level

11. Since the experience rates will be 7x, will the reputation and profession rates also be similar to Icecrown, or will they be nerfed back to 1x?

12. And most players who use the marketplace use it for alts or to catch-up with their friends, to get into the game faster.

Also Shadowmourne is not going to be on the marketplace. It simply does not follow the rules of the marketplace design.
    Sounds great. A way for people to catch up (instead of spending weeks trying to gear up, when everyone else is past that stage) is good, especially on a seasonal server. I don't see any problems with it, as long as it doesn't get people ahead. Contributors are great. Gotta keep Warmane running!
    _____

Looking forward to this new server.
    Going to start a guild with a couple mates. We're going to play Alliance! If anyone's interested in joining, send me a PM on discord (Rasmus#5581).
    Might as well get a guild up and running asap!

13. I'm so excited about our new realm <3
    Keep it up warmane <3

Regards,
    Lixe

14. what is the server time? I saw the server will be up at 13:00 server time but I live in Montréal, Québec (like New york city time) so 13:00 server time is in europe? Est america? West america?

First ... 27353637383947 ... Last