1. Retribution Paladin Addons

What are most important addons every paladin should have?

I'm haven't played in a while and I forgot the names of the addons I've used for my pala so i'm asking you guys to give me some. :P

2. I wouldn't say there are any addons that are special to the spec that are necessary. Both Pallypower and CLCRet are addons I prefer to avoid. General use addons are all I could recommend, such as Grid, Bartender, Skada, AtlasLoot, etc.

3. I wouldn't say there are any addons that are special to the spec that are necessary. Both Pallypower and CLCRet are addons I prefer to avoid. General use addons are all I could recommend, such as Grid, Bartender, Skada, AtlasLoot, etc.
    why would you not use pallypower? simplifies buffing if someone were to die and got bressed :)

4. I don't need to simplify paying attention with a keybind.

5. "CLCret" is nice.
    I higly recomend that addon that will help u track CD of most important abilities and white swing timer without looking down to your action bar...

"VuhDo" can be also nice for raiding when it comes to raid frames...

6. "CLCret" is nice.
    I higly recomend that addon that will help u track CD of most important abilities and white swing timer without looking down to your action bar...
    Sure thing, if you rather use an addon that plays the character for you instead of using other addons that provide those things and are useful in other areas like Quartz, Tellmewhen and WeakAuras.

7. Sure thing, if you rather use an addon that plays the character for you instead of using other addons that provide those things and are useful in other areas like Quartz, Tellmewhen and WeakAuras.
    I dont see how CLCret plays your character.
    Please do explain...
    That way i could finally be back on an active raiding scene.

He asked for a RETRIBUTION PALADIN ADDONS, not for addons that work with Rets and other classes.

I didnt play with CLCret for a year, and once i found it, it really made tracking Judgment, DS and CS cd a bit easyer without ocasional tunneling when dpsing.
    Melee swing timer was simply a nice bonus aswell.

But i guess using 3 addons is better than using 1.

This reminds me, "Move Anything" addon is also great if you like the basic BlizzUI and you want to move things a little.

P.S. i dont play with "PallyPower" myself, but it can be usefull indeed if someone dies so you can rebuff them fast (almost instantly after beeing comrezed) without looking away from anything (you target, where you have to move, so on...), so it could help you in that matter.

8. Both Pallypower and CLCRet are addons I prefer to avoid.
    Avoid Pallypower?

Literally every PuG is constantly crying about slacky paladins and how they don't do their "one job" - buffs. When some classes die during boss encounter and some other classes don't, the timers become asynchronous and it becomes VERY inconvenient to do a good job with this simple task, especially when you have to worry about dozen other, more meaningful things. People shouldn't specifically ask for buffs and you shouldn't be distracted from more important objectives by constantly checking, if everyone has enough time on their buff.

If you genuinely don't find it more convenient and you somehow ENJOY tracking buffs yourself - that's fine. But please, don't advise this to new players. Why make a game harder than it needs to be?

9. In addition to all the above reasons, Pallypower also helps foolproof your buffing a little more. So you're reminded to rebuff in case someone was out of range or out of LoS and didn't receive your initial round of buffs. It also helps ensure pets are buffed, which can be really helpful since pets don't ask for buffs themselves and their masters might not notice they're missing buffs. Pallypower is a terrific convenience to have in your arsenal that no up-and-coming paladin should be told to avoid.

While I don't use it myself, CLCret most definitely has its uses too. For a spec as (almost) GCD-locked as post-2p t10 Ret, constantly mashing keys and knowing ahead of time what keybind to start mashing next after your current GCD is critical. CLCret assists with providing you some of this foresight. It doesn't play the game for you; it gives you the information you need to make the most educated decision on what ability to use next while minimizing the focus you have to divert away from what's going on in the field around you to pay attention to your buttons.
    Edited: July 11, 2018

10. Sure thing, if you rather use an addon that plays the character for you
    I thought that was bannable

11. If it were up to me, CLCRet and other addons like Healbot would not exist.
    But it's not up to me. That's just my preference.

Avoid Pallypower?

Literally every PuG is constantly crying about slacky paladins and how they don't do their "one job" - buffs. When some classes die during boss encounter and some other classes don't, the timers become asynchronous and it becomes VERY inconvenient to do a good job with this simple task, especially when you have to worry about dozen other, more meaningful things. People shouldn't specifically ask for buffs and you shouldn't be distracted from more important objectives by constantly checking, if everyone has enough time on their buff.

If you genuinely don't find it more convenient and you somehow ENJOY tracking buffs yourself - that's fine. But please, don't advise this to new players. Why make a game harder than it needs to be?
    What I advise to new players is learning how their buffs function and which classes and specs to provide them to.
    Using an addon as a crutch results in players not having to learn those things, and thus they will never improve on that point. Arguing that they should use the addon because they don't know their buffs is silly in my opinion. I think they should learn them instead.

>especially when you have to worry about dozen other more meaningful things

If you want to play something that requires you to track a minimal amount of things, it would probably be best to play a class that provides that.

>People shouldn't specifically ask for buffs and you shouldn't be distracted from more important objectives by constantly checking if everyone has enough time on their buff.

People don't need to specifically ask. It's extremely easy to look at people and see what buff they need, and/or pre-emptively provide a useful buff to them before the point arrives where they feel it would be necessary to ask in the first place. And being distracted from more important objectives by constantly checking if everyone has enough time on their buff? Greater Blessings provide an hour-long buff, my friend. There isn't a single boss encounter that will require you to rebuff someone that doesn't involve magic dispelling or death.

12. This is the weakest argument ive seen.

There is nothing special to learn about Kings, Wisdom and Might.
    If you have ImpMight talent, you should buff it over another paladin that doesnt. If there are 2 Rets, its w/e and you just need to eather listent to leader or talk with the other paladin. Kings works most of the times on all classes, especialy if there is a Warrior that can Shout. Wisdom is weaker than shamans totem.
    Most of the time in pugs and raids overall is not if you got the wrong buff, its if you did or didnt get buffed at all...
    On top of it all, people here stated that PallyPower is most powerfull when someone dies during the encounter.

The only question here is do you make your life easyer or not. Also, while having a separate frame which lets you just click it while still DPSing your target will only help you even more, on top of having a clear visual warning jf someone is missing your buff.

And im still waiting for explanation how CLCret plays your character.

13. There is nothing special to learn about Kings, Wisdom and Might.
    You're absolutely right. Which is why there shouldn't be a need for the addon.

Most of the time in pugs and raids overall is not if you got the wrong buff, its if you did or didnt get buffed at all...
    ... and pallypower helps with that how exactly?

On top of it all, people here stated that PallyPower is most powerfull when someone dies during the encounter.
    Would be a shame if someone had their buffs bound and on a mouseover macro...

The only question here is do you make your life easyer or not. Also, while having a separate frame which lets you just click it while still DPSing your target will only help you even more, on top of having a clear visual warning jf someone is missing your buff.
    Funny you say that. Having a mouseover macro on a bind is easier and faster to use than having to click. I was sure that was already established common knowledge. As for having a clear visual warning, is death not clear enough to indicate that you have to rebuff someone?

And im still waiting for explanation how CLCret plays your character.
    You really need an explanation for something that is so obvious?

He asked for a RETRIBUTION PALADIN ADDONS, not for addons that work with Rets and other classes.
    Hm... I guess I should have addressed that then...
    I wouldn't say there are any addons that are special to the spec that are necessary. Both Pallypower and CLCRet are addons I prefer to avoid.
    But hey, people getting bothered enough to post walls of text because I said what I do or do not prefer. I know you guys love me and all, but perhaps you should focus less on me.

14. I guess left mouse click is harder than Shift+z or Ctrl+z, cos on my Ret, all the simple binds are alrdy used.
    (Also, mouseover macro can be tricky in tense situations, where 1 click is simply easyer)

Yes, cos i dont see have a cooldown tracker on your 3 basic abilities and a white swing timer is "someone else playing your char".
    (This is about CLCret)

If you would focus a bit more on curent state of things and some in game practice, rather than how they wer almost 10 years ago on retail, maybe we wouldnt have to spam those walls at all. People will actualy listen to you and make dumb mistakes cos if it, i dont see how that doesnt bother you tbh...
    I dont want to be offencive or anything, sorry if i am, but you always base your arguments on those things. You shouldnt...

15. But hey, people getting bothered enough to post walls of text because I said what I do or do not prefer. I know you guys love me and all, but perhaps you should focus less on me.
    That wasn't supposed to be a personal attack or an insult. I saw an idea (you should avoid Pallypower) I completely disagree with and I decided to join a friendly discussion. It's opposite of "getting bothered" - I enjoy it. If at some point I will stop enjoying it, I will simply stop commenting.

What I advise to new players is learning how their buffs function and which classes and specs to provide them to.
    Using an addon as a crutch results in players not having to learn those things, and thus they will never improve on that point. Arguing that they should use the addon because they don't know their buffs is silly in my opinion. I think they should learn them instead.
    I have been playing paladin since 2012 and I have no idea what you just said here, I am sorry. Paladins SHOULD learn how those buffs work - which specs provide improved buffs, which other classes' buffs stack or doesn't stack with yours, which classes actually need each of your buffs etc etc. However, I can't see how Pallypower gets in a way of learning all those things. You, the player, set it up whatever way you want it, which classes get which buffs. It doesn't force you to do right decision (buff) or forbid you from doing dumb decision - it basically gives you a visualization of entire raid's buffs and removes the requirement to target another player. That's it.

KIND OF off-topic, but in my opinion the idea is the same: do you think Power Auras do everything for you and you should avoid this addon while you are playing a spec that requires you to track talent/trinket procs? Because... with Power Auras showing your procs clearly you somehow don't have to learn your spec anymore?

People don't need to specifically ask. It's extremely easy to look at people and see what buff they need, and/or pre-emptively provide a useful buff to them before the point arrives where they feel it would be necessary to ask in the first place. And being distracted from more important objectives by constantly checking if everyone has enough time on their buff? Greater Blessings provide an hour-long buff, my friend. There isn't a single boss encounter that will require you to rebuff someone that doesn't involve magic dispelling or death.
    It's actually 30 minutes, not 60. Not the point though. After the boss encounter, sure, you can see who died and who didn't. The problem comes after you buff them. :) Some of the raid members have 13 minutes left of their buff, some have 22, some are freshly 30 minutes. And you suggest it's a good idea to keep each classess' timers in your head? Or you just do full rebuff and waste the symbols, time and mana after only 1-3 classes died?
    Edited: July 11, 2018

12 Last