1. May 19, 2020  
    What about the option of making it toggleable by players through the website (like mercenary mode)? Make it on by default, so people who actually care about it would be able to turn it off, while new players who don't know about cross-realm, or players who don't care about it will have it on by default. If someone choose to have longer queue time, let him have it.

The only reason you wouldn't want this option is for forcing other Lordaeron players to play with you on cross-realm bg.

For arena, it will have to be more specific solution, because you can't have 2 different ratings.
    this, icecrowners and blackrockers can enjoy their money and ego competition. while lordaeron players can enjoy the game authentically like Lordaeron realm were made for in the first place. its a win win solution.
    Edited: May 19, 2020

2. May 19, 2020  
    this, icecrowners and blackrockers can enjoy their money and ego competition. while lordaeron players can enjoy the game authentically like Lordaeron realm were made for in the first place. its a win win solution.
    Lordaeron pvp was DEAD most of the day before crossrealm. That's why crossrealm was created, you think Icecrown didn't have enough players or what?
    The only ones I see with an ego competition are you and the few who complain about it because you can't farm full pve Lordaeron players in arenas and bgs. LOL.

3. May 19, 2020  
    Lordaeron pvp was DEAD most of the day before crossrealm. That's why crossrealm was created, you think Icecrown didn't have enough players or what?
    The only ones I see with an ego competition are you and the few who complain about it because you can't farm full pve Lordaeron players in arenas and bgs. LOL.
    So how exactly giving choice to players is a bad solution?

4. May 19, 2020  
    Warmane has worked very hard on implementing this cross-realm, so making it optional will not be a choice. The solution is get along and play, rather than asking for even more choices and options that you already have.

5. May 19, 2020  
    Warmane has worked very hard on implementing this cross-realm, so making it optional will not be a choice. The solution is get along and play, rather than asking for even more choices and options that you already have.
    the same can be said about mercenary mode. Or Lordaeron in general

6. May 19, 2020  
    You can't play around with a server like with a toy man. You can not just try things out and then see how it works. Warmane is a business, they won't risk anything unless it's really needed. Crossrealm WAS REALLY needed in the past so they worked hard to make it happen. You think they want all that effort and budget out of the window because some few tens or hundreds of players don't like it that much? When they saw and knew pretty well how DEAD pvp was before?
    You don't give "choices" to 10-40 players just because. The realm is stable and healthy. If ain't broke don't fix it applies very well on the reason why warmane won't listen to any of these "solutions".
    People will always want different things, and always will find a few to want those things with them. It does not mean you do as they want.
    You want to enjoy pvp and farm some noobs? Cool, get good at pve, raid, get gear, own some people. Is harder and slower, but you chose Lordaeron which was described as being "harder".
    Players who want to pvp will grind and get better while whiners will just whine and curse and complain because "I like it better to be farmed by BIS lordaeron players than by BIS Icecrown". like what is that bs xD.
    It's an mmo, work for the gear and compete. No ones fault you're late at the party and others are way higher in the gear department.

7. May 19, 2020  
    the same can be said about mercenary mode. Or Lordaeron in general
    Care to explain...? I don't quite get what you're getting at
    Lordaeron is almost back to its prime, with a healthy pve community and pvp options for everyone so no long queues anymore... Is top quality... umm...the numbers only went UP after crossrealm so that's a success... so enlighten me please.
    A few angry pvpers don't matter if that's what you wanna know. The server as a whole matters.

All the big changes that were made in the past, be it RDF being added, ICC nerfs or crossrealm were solutions to REAL problems which impacted the realm population, the satisfaction MOST people got out of the realm and so on.
    So you need to "prove" it's worth the effort, and you can not. You can't guarantee people won't get mad-the others who like crossrealm and don't like the pop being split-, you can't guarantee a healthy pvp scene once this crisis is gone and a few thousands probably drop the game or play less because of time issues, you can't guarantee or prove anything usefull with your arguments. is just "well if it can be done, why not?" which is not a good business attitudide

8. May 19, 2020  
    The problem with Lordaeron players is that if someone moves ahead of you, you would like to pull their leg down, instead of trying to climb up yourself. Lordaeron players with this attitude deserves to get farmed in cross-realm, and I'll make sure I do it in the right way.

9. May 19, 2020  
    A real small % of Lordaeron players. Most understand how an MMO scaling works and don't whine about it.
    I bet if Lordaeron had solo arena/bgs and by a miracle it would be lively and not dead people like this would be asking for FRESH server since "well, it's old, all progression is done. Would be kinda cool to start over". But luckly Warmane got Frostmourne just for that "fresh" syndrome

10. May 19, 2020  
    A real small % of Lordaeron players. Most understand how an MMO scaling works and don't whine about it.
    Yeah, especially the few ones whining here on the forum.

11. May 19, 2020  
    How much percent of the players that play lordaeron right now are in bg/arena? How much percent were before cross-realm? I'm not speaking about numbers, im speaking about percentage.

Can you honestly say that Lordaeron PvP right now is in better shape than before cross-realm?

Alot of work went into making Lordaeron as it is, and I'm pretty sure much more work than into implementing cross-realm. A chance for re-igniting Lordaeron's PvP in my opinion worth the work.

And I'm not asking for throwing this on people like you are hinting. They can make a poll for it to see how many people actually care about it, and announce it in the game like they did before implementing mercenary mode.

Also about the fact that you think that only a low number of people want the option to play without cross-realm. remind me for how many people Warmane are running an Outland server right now?

12. May 19, 2020  
    Outland is a different xpac :d not sure how that is relevant. Also it's an entire realm, not a feature.
    The percetange for all I know might be the same, most players on Lordaeron play pvp once in a while for fun. Serious all in pvpers are on Blackrock and Icecrown. Crossrealm was created so the pvp scene was alive and well and people could experience pvp when they wanted without having to worry not being peak time or even at peak hours waiting too much.

If you wanna go hardcore, more power to you, does not mean Warmane will implement stuff just for you and a few more. If this was such an issue as you make it to be there would be MUCH MORE player complaining done. But it's always the same 5-20 people who pop up to complain about it

13. May 19, 2020  
    The fact that Lordaeron is pve oriented is no secret either, that does not have anything to do with crossrealm. That's why the pvp scene was freaking dead in the first place before its implementation.
    Warmane do stuff for the majority. They don't really care about angry minorities. You think they nerfed icc because some guilds complained? I think they did it because most people could not raid it so they wanted to make it more accessible to ALL players.
    Do you think crossrealm was made for the elite pvpers to have where to compete? I think it was made for the majority who wants to pvp sometimes and compete in it without having to wait at all.

14. May 19, 2020  
    How much percent of the players that play lordaeron right now are in bg/arena? How much percent were before cross-realm? I'm not speaking about numbers, im speaking about percentage.

Can you honestly say that Lordaeron PvP right now is in better shape than before cross-realm?

Alot of work went into making Lordaeron as it is, and I'm pretty sure much more work than into implementing cross-realm. A chance for re-igniting Lordaeron's PvP in my opinion worth the work.

And I'm not asking for throwing this on people like you are hinting. They can make a poll for it to see how many people actually care about it, and announce it in the game like they did before implementing mercenary mode.

Also about the fact that you think that only a low number of people want the option to play without cross-realm. remind me for how many people Warmane are running an Outland server right now?

Honestly, Lordaeron PvP right now is 100% in better shape before cross-realm. Thanks to cross-realm for that.

Mercenary mode has got nothing to do with making cross-realm optional like it.

I'm pretty sure that people that will vote on poll are going to be the few whining Lordaeron players who come to forum to cry about cross-realm, while the rest majoirity of Lodaeron players enjoy playing cross-realm.

15. May 19, 2020  
    Outland is a different xpac :d not sure how that is relevant. Also it's an entire realm, not a feature.
    His point was they're keeping a realm alive for less than 900 people. And if you are so certain that only 50 of us are for the change, you have nothing to be afraid of regarding the poll.

Also I saw you commented "someone said they'd rather be farmed by BiS Lord players then Bis ICC", that was not the point. The point was there is much more ICC BiS donators who are gatekeeping, and if Lord had it's own PvP scene those BiS people would be segregated via rating. This way, no matter if you join at any rating, you got a much bigger chance to encounter a BiS guy who didn't earn ****.

Also, you always go Warmane this, Warmane that, you're not a part of the Warmane team, so I'm not sure why you're so vocally representing their opinions?

Why are you on every forum post trying to stifle anyone who has a different opinion than you? If everything you're saying is true, you absolutely have nothing to worry about buddy.

But for now, I get it, it's the crisis, people are at home. Cool. After things cool off, and if pops on BR and ICC remain healthy, no reason for them to keep them merged with Lord.

First ... 789101119 ... Last