1. I (I mean maybe if he dealt 10k/s yeah in this case it's only cause he was scripting,
    There is not even a script that increases your dmg.
    It's just BiS geared players with hc offparts that deal a absurd amount of dmg.

2. It's just that this thread seems more of a "we can't up in arena cause all we face are scripters" than a "ok many people cheats what can we do to report them more efficiently"
    Even if you face scripters (it happened to me also when I was queuing) you can still win, and if you lose it's not only because they were scripters (I mean maybe if he dealt 10k/s yeah in this case it's only cause he was scripting, but I'm speaking for less obv scripts like hitting through pillars, gcd etc) but cause you could outplay them better and thinking more.
    Yeah it's frustrating but instead of saying 'Can't up my rating I encounter only cheaters" (which is untrue really) maybe say "oh ok, he was cheating but by doing this and this I could have won against this dog****".

I guess it's just a feel of this topic to dump all the losses in arena to script and "I'm only losing cause opponent scripts"
    Yes, you can still win, but this doesn't change the fact that they shouldn't be scripting in first place and that they deserve to be deleted from the server.

The idea of start making legit ingame strategies and whatnot to counter hacking spastic kids is beyond ridicolous.

3. If the mentioned cheats would exist then players would fly through raids and global each boss with a dmg hack.

O man you are really something. And what would they gain with doing stuff like that on boss in raid. Or you imply they could solo 25 man raids?

That might happen on some trashy private servers with no anti cheat whatsoever but not on Warmane.
    You sound like a bot more then ever.

4. There is not even a script that increases your dmg.
    I mean I saw some damage that are not linked to gear of any sort except on Cata maybe so, not sure about that part (cf : Some damage were really not natural)

@Drunkuser : Yeah I didn't said that they should be scripting. And I didnt said to make legit ingames strategies. Just strategies like you would against any teams. Most of the time I'm pretty sure the players would lose even if the ennemy teams wasn't cheating, that's why I said by thinking how do you play better.
    And this topic is a little too "Oh I lost all the time but it's all because cheaters are everywhere and I would legit be r1 if I didn't find cheaters in my way" (info dump : if you have a certain level, you are at this certain level. Cheaters or not. May that be r1 or 1500 MMR beginner).
    Edited: December 2, 2019

5. There is not even a script that increases your dmg.
    Thx man, the rest of us never thought or did same thing. Still nah, not same dmg, not with same class and not with same gear.

6. And Krak, i understand the part where skill outweighs usuall scripts you mentioned. But still in high rated arenas where every misstake is paid with heavy price wouldn't you say as someone who claims to be high rated yourself thah a script will at least give an edge over non scripting opponents?

7. Thx man, the rest of us never thought or did same thing. Still nah, not same dmg, not with same class and not with same gear.
    Idk, the second you start facing the really good warriors you instantly notice how much damage they do compared to the bad ones. Its the same with most classes, and its not (or for the most part not) scripts. They pool their cds, their damage etc. A bad war has **** rage management, doesnt line up procs properly, doesnt know when to push and when to run, doesnt play around trinket procs and so on. A war with double procs that can go melee with heroic + OP, MS, OP, (+another melee with heroic) will do a players entire health in like 3 globals. Meanwhile a bad warrior sits out their procs, doesnt line up Taste for blood procs to go off twice in a row (doesnt use them to reduce healing), is out of rage the second he can create preassure and so on. Add to that a good pala that uses damage, freedoms, bops (on disarms), has correct positioning to allow warriors to use intercept as another charge etc etc and the difference is unreal.

You really notice it and if you are used to facing the 1700 warriors it feels like the enemy is cheating the second you face a good one because of the absurd preassure.

I mean, go watch the recent 3v3 tournament and just compare the warrior games. Youll see how even at the highest level the damage differences are absurd.

8. And Krak, i understand the part where skill outweighs usuall scripts you mentioned. But still in high rated arenas where every misstake is paid with heavy price wouldn't you say as someone who claims to be high rated yourself thah a script will at least give an edge over non scripting opponents?
    But I agree completely on this with you on the edge part or the comment that people scripting must be some sad people. I was just saying that people on this thread were like "Oh gawd I face 100% of scripters" "Oh gawd I can't play in arena it's impossible". And it was kinda funny to me.

9. Idk, the second you start facing the really good warriors you instantly notice how much damage they do compared to the bad ones. Its the same with most classes, and its not (or for the most part not) scripts. They pool their cds, their damage etc. A bad war has **** rage management, doesnt line up procs properly, doesnt know when to push and when to run, doesnt play around trinket procs and so on. A war with double procs that can go melee with heroic + OP, MS, OP, (+another melee with heroic) will do a players entire health in like 3 globals. Meanwhile a bad warrior sits out their procs, doesnt line up Taste for blood procs to go off twice in a row (doesnt use them to reduce healing), is out of rage the second he can create preassure and so on. Add to that a good pala that uses damage, freedoms, bops (on disarms), has correct positioning to allow warriors to use intercept as another charge etc etc and the difference is unreal.

You really notice it and if you are used to facing the 1700 warriors it feels like the enemy is cheating the second you face a good one because of the absurd preassure.

I mean, go watch the recent 3v3 tournament and just compare the warrior games. Youll see how even at the highest level the damage differences are absurd.
    Adding a highlight from 3v3 tourney ! https://clips.twitch.tv/ManlyBoringRaisinSpicyBoy - I'm not accusing nor flaming, this is just what I was talking about in my previous post.

10. But I agree completely on this with you on the edge part or the comment that people scripting must be some sad people. I was just saying that people on this thread were like "Oh gawd I face 100% of scripters" "Oh gawd I can't play in arena it's impossible". And it was kinda funny to me.
    Your personal opinion regarding the supposed skill of the participants in this discussion is irrelevant. The OP said that arenas are unplayable for anyone that's new, which is an understatement: Furious disc/fmage from Lordaeron facing 6.8k warrior and 6.2k hpala from Icecrown/Blackrock isn't the most fair of the scenarios, but if you add scripts on top of that, arenas are indeed unplayable and anyone that plays 2-3 flushes switches servers or moves to pve immediately.

This game is extremely old, we all know more or less how it works and we all know more or less when something isn't right. When you have a ladder where the majority are using scripts, there's something extremely wrong, and this isn't an incentive for people to donate, or play but rather to quit.

If you see a random person on the street driving a tank will you just look away due to the fact that he isn't trucking down buildings or you would report it to the police regardless? It's the same principle.

Again I wonder why there's people that somehow think that somebody cheating should be excused, even if the excuse is delivered in a disqualifying way it's still a way to excuse the scripters.

This thread still exists because I'd like for people to make reports but the fact is there are no relevant staff on the forums. You're free to use this thread for figuring out what is and isn't legit but keep it within our rules. That means no reporting or accusing players of cheating here; It's just speculative slander unless sent to a GM.
    I understand the nature of the thread and I know that moderators have no power to ban even if we were to send you the reports. I appreciate the job you do and I don't want to be a bootlicker but once you gave me a very sensitive and eloquent answer regarding the mmr dropping a few seasons ago and trust me I appreciate that kindness a lot, especially in cases were myself as a member of this community feel a bit of an outcast for not receiving much attention on a matter that under my understanding should concern everyone that's a legit player and wants a bright future for warmane.

I have sort of a civilian sense of responsibility in real life, if somebody accidentally drops his wallet and I see it, I tell him or I pick it and I give it to him/her, because if we all do this we'd live in a society were we could leave the doors of our house open without fearing getting robbed; This sort of utopia is rather impossible in real life but I think it is achievable in a community like this one more or less. We are all part of it, and we should always look for what benefits us and fight against what harms us. Scripting is harming PvP a lot, it already partially destroyed Blackrock when it was called AT, and it's ruining this wonderful world first private server cross-realm as we post.

As a person that understands that if you want to play WOTLK your ONLY option is Warmane, I would like to keep a healthy environment, therefore I have the duty to report the people that I find breaching the rules and disturbing the conviviality of the server, and I will continue to do so. But I'm sure you understand that when you send clear evidence of people using scripts and they're not banned one gets discouraged.

What are we supposed to do, Repost? Is it worth it to spend 3 hours putting arena clips together in order to report people when your ticket gets an automated answer and the view count on YouTube stays at 1? Should we script ourselves and try to come up justifying scripters by calling anyone that opens a thread of this nature a sore loser? Should we just quit the server and move on? Quit arenas? I don't know what's the solution to this mess, but honestly being aware of the fact that almost every BiS warrior I find is scripting makes me feel like quitting. Not a great loss in terms of numbers I know, and I don't intend to create pity, just a legit question imo.

Thanks for your time.

11. To answer your question, though, probably the best route to take from this point is collect as much evidence as you can. Once you've done that, and made sure that it's a thorough report, you can send it to one of the forum moderators (probably myself and Repost for now, please no spam). At which point, we can format it and present it to the Head GM so that he can make a proper review. This is only a very short-term solution until we get something more permanent figured out.

That said, this is definitely not something easily handled, and I wish we could handle it better - I'm just not too sure about it at this moment. I will see if I can figure something out.

12. Your personal opinion regarding the supposed skill of the participants in this discussion is irrelevant. The OP said that arenas are unplayable for anyone that's new, which is an understatement: Furious disc/fmage from Lordaeron facing 6.8k warrior and 6.2k hpala from Icecrown/Blackrock isn't the most fair of the scenarios, but if you add scripts on top of that, arenas are indeed unplayable and anyone that plays 2-3 flushes switches servers or moves to pve immediately.

This game is extremely old, we all know more or less how it works and we all know more or less when something isn't right. When you have a ladder where the majority are using scripts, there's something extremely wrong, and this isn't an incentive for people to donate, or play but rather to quit.

If you see a random person on the street driving a tank will you just look away due to the fact that he isn't trucking down buildings or you would report it to the police regardless? It's the same principle.

Again I wonder why there's people that somehow think that somebody cheating should be excused, even if the excuse is delivered in a disqualifying way it's still a way to excuse the scripters.

I understand the nature of the thread and I know that moderators have no power to ban even if we were to send you the reports. I appreciate the job you do and I don't want to be a bootlicker but once you gave me a very sensitive and eloquent answer regarding the mmr dropping a few seasons ago and trust me I appreciate that kindness a lot, especially in cases were myself as a member of this community feel a bit of an outcast for not receiving much attention on a matter that under my understanding should concern everyone that's a legit player and wants a bright future for warmane.

I have sort of a civilian sense of responsibility in real life, if somebody accidentally drops his wallet and I see it, I tell him or I pick it and I give it to him/her, because if we all do this we'd live in a society were we could leave the doors of our house open without fearing getting robbed; This sort of utopia is rather impossible in real life but I think it is achievable in a community like this one more or less. We are all part of it, and we should always look for what benefits us and fight against what harms us. Scripting is harming PvP a lot, it already partially destroyed Blackrock when it was called AT, and it's ruining this wonderful world first private server cross-realm as we post.

As a person that understands that if you want to play WOTLK your ONLY option is Warmane, I would like to keep a healthy environment, therefore I have the duty to report the people that I find breaching the rules and disturbing the conviviality of the server, and I will continue to do so. But I'm sure you understand that when you send clear evidence of people using scripts and they're not banned one gets discouraged.

What are we supposed to do, Repost? Is it worth it to spend 3 hours putting arena clips together in order to report people when your ticket gets an automated answer and the view count on YouTube stays at 1? Should we script ourselves and try to come up justifying scripters by calling anyone that opens a thread of this nature a sore loser? Should we just quit the server and move on? Quit arenas? I don't know what's the solution to this mess, but honestly being aware of the fact that almost every BiS warrior I find is scripting makes me feel like quitting. Not a great loss in terms of numbers I know, and I don't intend to create pity, just a legit question imo.

Thanks for your time.
    It is irrelevant. But I didn't point out people here have "x or y skill" just that people here are putting every loss on "scripters".
    He didn't say anyone new but anyone who doesn't cheat ( WOTLK arenas became unplayable for normal people. By "normal ppl" i mean people that arent using scripts, hacks, etc). We need to respect OP words he did write a lot.
    (And if we want to be really touchy, it will be "anyone new from lordaeron or icecrown")
    And again you are missing the point of my message. Did I say cheating is excusable ? No I just said there are poor humans beings.
    I just said that this thread seems much more like an excuse for people to say "Oh gawd I lose because people are cheating" (which is mostly not the case I think) instead of finding solutions (which players apart from reporting can't do much so it's useless cause a member of staff already answered and it was a little bleak)

13. To answer your question, though, probably the best route to take from this point is collect as much evidence as you can. Once you've done that, and made sure that it's a thorough report, you can send it to one of the forum moderators (probably myself and Repost for now, please no spam). At which point, we can format it and present it to the Head GM so that he can make a proper review. This is only a very short-term solution until we get something more permanent figured out.

That said, this is definitely not something easily handled, and I wish we could handle it better - I'm just not too sure about it at this moment. I will see if I can figure something out.
    I'll be working on that again from now on, and I will send it to both you and Repost once I have gathered consistent material once more. Since I don't think that what I have already is valid anymore, or just to give a last friendly chance for them to reconsider if it's worth to script.

I know it's hard to deal with all of this because the methods for detecting scripts are hard to code and it requires a lot of brainpower, and everytime the devs release a wall, the scripters get the workaround and they get back in, same with bots and anything obscure like that.

And I also know that you are doing your best and that you have always did, we're all human and we all have our own limitations, but Warmane wouldn't be Warmane without you as one of their most famous faces on the forums and I know that bears a lot of responsibility, frustration and fouled comments from the most atrocious beings that can't understand that working towards the public is possibly one of the hardest jobs and the less rewarding you could ever encounter. Heads up on that, I know you love this server as much as I do and the same with Repost and Obnoxious and all the other members of the Staff I appreciate your work a lot and I know you are humans that make mistakes and have limitations, but overall Kudos; We wouldn't be here if it wasn't for all of you.
    The fact that you are open about this matter and transparent is the best way to see that Warmane is on the right way, and as I've said many times this community is your only option to play World of Warcraft, period. **** plebbit, all these humble and kind moments the Staff has is the best advertising you could get because it's genuine.

It is irrelevant. But I didn't point out people here have "x or y skill" just that people here are putting every loss on "scripters".
    He didn't say anyone new but anyone who doesn't cheat ( WOTLK arenas became unplayable for normal people. By "normal ppl" i mean people that arent using scripts, hacks, etc). We need to respect OP words he did write a lot.
    (And if we want to be really touchy, it will be "anyone new from lordaeron or icecrown")
    And again you are missing the point of my message. Did I say cheating is excusable ? No I just said there are poor humans beings.
    I just said that this thread seems much more like an excuse for people to say "Oh gawd I lose because people are cheating" (which is mostly not the case I think) instead of finding solutions (which players apart from reporting can't do much so it's useless cause a member of staff already answered and it was a little bleak)
    You didn't literally say cheating is excusable, but disqualifying the opinion of others by saying that they are crybabies changes completely the narrative of the topic and redirects the attention to that instead. There's discontent from the ones suffering scripters, which is a very legit way to be discontent whether you win or lose, whether you are new to the server or an old veteran.

Spoiler: Show
    If we talk about the case of Lordaeron and Icecrown being a season away from Blackrock by default is also a reason to worsen the situation but it has nothing to do with this particular issue, you could still obtain gear starting as furious in icecrown or crafted set lvl 78 on Lordaeron if there weren't BiS warriors, rogues, DK's etc using scripts.

It's not a secret and especially on Warmane that the crybabies are an inside joke. To name one: The EMFH drama, but strangely enough after the implementation of MM they don't cry about it anymore.

I don't know why is it so hard for you to believe that there is really a scripter plague, you only need to spend a few minutes on the NPC spectator or play the 10 arenas every week to notice. It's specially noticeable when you play a caster or a healer to the point were you start to wonder if resil works, if shadowmourne users have some sort of hidden buff that ignores resil, if this is a conspiracy or if it's something else. And only when you hear for the first time the word "script" and you find out what scripts are and what they do, you understand that all those warriors with super human reflexes are not good, they are using a script that basically plays for them and they only have to move to obliterate you, while you are losing around 5kg (10lbs) per game from sweat and nerves.

Haven't you seen backpedaling heroes with perfect interrupts, charges, counter-spells, polis, cyclones, stuns and a long etcetera? I certainly have, and I know that this is the old backpedal meme, but I can't simply expect that somebody that spends the entire arena backpedaling is as good to perform like a pvp god on everything else.

Come on man, I'm sure you have seen them!

It was hard for me to swallow too, but there is a huge problem with scripters, there are entire alliance guilds were all the members script like AncientRiver pointed out. Whether it is for peer pressure or full willingness is irrelevant, they are breaching the rules and they should be punished accordingly.

14. @Amdus : "You didn't litteraly say cheating is excusable". You try in one sentence to imply that my subtext is that cheating is okay. I cba haha. Try reading more carefully again plz. Like did I said that cheating was okay ? No. What did I said ? Cheating was for poor people/sad people (not to say garbage people).
    I don't find it hard to believe (I mean it's hard to believe the false data like 90% players are scripting) to encounter players who cheat. I play caster main, pretty high mmr for the start of the season, and like I said I don't encounter 90% of scripters. When I was queuing 2s on one of my reroll, I saw a couple (3-4 players on 40 games so like 5% of players on this sample).
    Like I told again and again, it's not that I find people scripting hard to believe, I'm sure there is a lot (and a looooooooot more in BG, where I don't go and most players are) but saying "Ok it's impossible to play arena without scripting" is kinda wrong. And if the first reflex when out of arena is saying "oh I lost cause he was cheating" instead of "Ok what could I've done to win" it's part of the problem.

And yeah if we could ban all cheaters instantly it would be great. But I think 1) people who cheats don't care if they are ban (they are cheating knowing they can be ban so...), 2) all we can do is report those players (this topic answers by the staff was pretty clear), 3) and if we don't report not a lot will be done (wintrading team sitting in top 3s at 77-0 and match history pretty easy to sweep, and nothing is done without a report from a player so.).

TLDR : Ban cheaters would be good but RiP too huge and cheaters dc.

15. Goog for you Krak. You are very lucky person encountering so few in so many games. Most of us dont have your luck. And please make up your mind already script or no script. It seems to me that you are just fish trolling.

First ... 4567 Last