1. All this could be avoided. But no, it's better to cry abit, play a bit victim on how stupid everyone is. Except you, of coarse, you are one of those 5 good pugs on whole realm. Thing is if you would want and if you would be capable you would be in a guild with bunch of like-minded players doing stuff you want and like with quality.

Here is one thought,
    this is where you want to be consciously or not. Poor underdog, martyr, fighting with impaired mainstream gs stackers.

You seem a little bit angry for absolutely zero reason. You are the kind of player we do NOT need on this server. Entitled mediocre players who feel like they are way better than anyone else.

2. You seem a little bit angry for absolutely zero reason. You are the kind of player we do NOT need on this server. Entitled mediocre players who feel like they are way better than anyone else.
    players that whine about not getting taken to a raid because they don't meet the read leaders requires are no better.

3. players that whine about not getting taken to a raid because they don't meet the read leaders requires are no better.

I am better than "Forum Veterans" like yourself that carry a patronizing attitude everywhere they are on the server. Useless members like yourself contribute nothing to this community.

4. I am better than "Forum Veterans" like yourself that carry a patronizing attitude everywhere they are on the server. Useless members like yourself contribute nothing to this community.
    Funny, from the way you speak it seems like you are the one who thinks of himself as "way better than anyone else". Maybe instead of whining on forum about something that 90% of the playerbase had to go through, go gear up. There are ways to do it, donating isn't necessary.

5. Both Lonelyguy94 and Skuddy are correct in their own arguments. The community here is pretty damn terrible, even moreso than retail is all around.

By the way, pugs generally suck anyway. Doesn't even matter what server you're playing be it here, retail, or any other servers not hosted by Warmane.
    Edited: July 31, 2018

6. Both Lonelyguy94 and Skuddy are correct in their own arguments. The community here is pretty damn terrible, even moreso than retail is all around.

By the way, pugs generally suck anyway. Doesn't even matter what server you're playing be it here, retail, or any other servers not hosted by Warmane.
    Back in Pandaria you could do a tier below current patch using a website called OpenRaid. I had many successful pugs on there even on Heroic difficulty. Players here in my opinion are alot worse than players on retail for the simple fact that on retail you have to invest quite a bit of money to play.

7. So, you played on retail when you had to "pay to play", but donating to skip ques and have a little boost on a private server thats here for years, just so u can catch up to everyone and get in raids quicker, is somehow a bad and awfull idea?

Yes, GS and Community suck, thats only cos players want to get carried constantly.
    The reason why GS req is so damn high is cos maybe if u higly outgear content, u might kill it.
    People here wipe in naxx, ulduar, even in rdf on some bosses, while wearing 264+ilvl gear.

Get over yourself.
    Donate or dont. Its only going to help you. BiS weapon can be only found at end game boss, which u will most likely not kill any time soon, and is a great ticket to raids duo to GS upgrade.
    If u dont like playing here move somewhere else i guess.

P.S. Even with a 4.7k gs, Fully Ulduar geared DK, i managed to get in raids.
    How?
    I knew how to convince leaders that i know my ****.
    Sure, there wer those that i couldnt, but those leaders are most of the time monkeys that dont know what they are doing themselves so you are better off in a different raid.

8. Back in Pandaria you could do a tier below current patch using a website called OpenRaid. I had many successful pugs on there even on Heroic difficulty. Players here in my opinion are alot worse than players on retail for the simple fact that on retail you have to invest quite a bit of money to play.
    OpenRaid was created specifically for that though, and it was not a representation of the community as a whole. As for players here on Warmane being a lot worse than the players on retail? I assure you that is not the case. Comparing PUGs on Warmane's global chat to OpenRaid is not a fair comparison.

9. I am sure opinions are devided on this but i just want to say 1 thing about donating.

Time is money and money is time.

If you wanna spend your time farming for bis gear for Days/Weeks/Months then its ofcourse your chooise.

But i think its reasonable to actually spend like 2(?) hours of work to buy a bis weapon from LK. (Wich cost you ALOT of time to farm if your not already a elite)

I understand that not everyone can affort it.
    But still your playing this game for HOURS.
    Why not work a few of them to skip a little struggle and get a nice GS boost just like Gnimo mentioned.

And as probably mentioned.
    You could always just host your own raids.
    Also maybe go in some ToC raids before you wanna go ICC.
    Getting that 5.5 really isnt that hard.
    Edited: July 31, 2018 Reason: Typo

10. I spent approximately 2 weeks gearing to 5.1k GS getting ninja'd for banner 6 times before finally winning it,only to have people tell me I can't join ICC because my GS is "too low" .When I have gotten into ICC,I usually beat out people with much higher GS.
    There is a simple solution for it, join a guild.

Why am I not given a chance to prove myself here?
    Why should a random dude give another random dude the chance to prove himself while there are 100 other random dudes waiting to join a raid who fullfill the requirements?

It seems there is almost a soft cap to get people to donate in order to experience ICC. I did ICC on retail with 5k GS,yet people here ask for 5.5-6k.
    You are free to lead a raid with a 5k GS requirement. But you are more busy crying here instead of doing your own raids...

I understand donations keep the server alive,but it makes it very hard for non donors to get into an ICC group. I do not want to hear from people that have 100 friends on this server that they geared to 6k in one week,I understand some people here have connections. I am having a difficult time understanding why I need 1k more GS than required to do very basic raids.What is the point of overgearing raids anyways?
    Why the donation flame? It is just you who is just to lazy to lead your own 5k GS raids.

Something needs to chance as this turns off great raiders from the server.
    Great raiders know how to gear up, great raiders do not need to cry about basic things, great raiders join a guild to avoid pugs in the first place. So, maybe you are not so great as you think you are. If you compare yourself with pug performance and think you are good, i have some bad news for you.

I recently spoke to a guild master with terrible English and he concluded that I was lazy/wanted free gear because I told him ToC wasn't worth it for a 40 point GS increase when 3 drops from ICC will put me at 5.3-5.4. It almost seems like the "bads" from retail joined here just to be a "big fish in a small pond".
    That guild master is right, why should someone give that special snowflake some special threatment if he is not even willing to spend 1h in ToC to improve gear? You are probably one of this without gems and enth...

Terrible elitist attitudes from people that aren't even remotely close to being competent wow players.
    Yeah sure, you are the best player and everyone should be glad to have your low GS toon in their raids. Thats why you compare yourself with pugs and you do not ffel the need to join a guild that suits your progress. That all sounds like a spoiled kid from MoP or Legion that is used to click one button to join a random raid in ultra easy difficulty. You are the lazy special snowflake thats only option is to demand his place in a raid because you are missing that button that gets you into one without effort.

11. Funny, from the way you speak it seems like you are the one who thinks of himself as "way better than anyone else". Maybe instead of whining on forum about something that 90% of the playerbase had to go through, go gear up. There are ways to do it, donating isn't necessary.
    I'd try 100%. Gearing up a 6th alt when you are in end-game guild is one thing, but everyone here was a first-timer once, had a first fresh 80 character once and had 0 connections once.

12. This isn't retail.

[...]

Yes, it can be inflated with bad items, but chances usually are higher that greater gearscore will mean producing numbers that compensate lack of skill, than that people saying they are good in fact are good enough to do better than that high gearscore inexperienced guy.
    While this can be arguably true on retail, this really isn't the case with a lot of specs in Wrath of the Lich King. Sure, there are some specs with 2 button rotations, or some specs that don't matter which buttons you press. But having the right items (having a high GS doesn't necessarily mean the player in question has the items or stats they need) can make-or-break a spec's performance, and for a lot of the top end DPS specs, and a lot of the tank and healer specs, you really can't get away with mashing buttons and having zero clue as to what you're doing. One could very well argue that's what a lot of the people you find in a random PUG group are doing.

I mean, I can fully deck out a character with donated gear, but if I make a fire mage with no hit rating and barely any crit, my dps is going to be awful no matter how hard I mash my buttons.

13. I'd try 100%. Gearing up a 6th alt when you are in end-game guild is one thing, but everyone here was a first-timer once, had a first fresh 80 character once and had 0 connections once.
    And surprisingly we did not felt the need to cry in forum about everythings. Sure it is a bit more difficult to gear up the first char, but it is not very hard either. There are enough guilds that raid icc every week and do not have a gs requirement. You do not get a ticket into a icc carry raid, but there are enough options to get gear outside of icc, but it tells alot about someone who is that special that he does not need to do ToC or VoA.

Rotation and boss tactics is something you can learn, but be willing to put effort in your char is something you have or not. One who does not have the second is probably not willing to learn a class/boss as well.

14. And surprisingly we did not felt the need to cry in forum about everythings. Sure it is a bit more difficult to gear up the first char, but it is not very hard either. There are enough guilds that raid icc every week and do not have a gs requirement. You do not get a ticket into a icc carry raid, but there are enough options to get gear outside of icc, but it tells alot about someone who is that special that he does not need to do ToC or VoA.

Rotation and boss tactics is something you can learn, but be willing to put effort in your char is something you have or not. One who does not have the second is probably not willing to learn a class/boss as well.
    I remember when I first hit 80 on my shadow priest. I've done every single step of gearing up, reps-->rdf-->..., untill I was finally able to join ICC. The first time I joined a guild and done a proper ICC run was when I've already had 5,6k gs. Second char I had was my mage on which I was able to skipp almost everything and when I had around 4,3k gs my guildmates took me to ICC, I left that same run with around 5,4k gs. So yea gearing first character takes the most time, but I still wouldn't call it hard.

15. While this can be arguably true on retail, this really isn't the case with a lot of specs in Wrath of the Lich King. Sure, there are some specs with 2 button rotations, or some specs that don't matter which buttons you press. But having the right items (having a high GS doesn't necessarily mean the player in question has the items or stats they need) can make-or-break a spec's performance, and for a lot of the top end DPS specs, and a lot of the tank and healer specs, you really can't get away with mashing buttons and having zero clue as to what you're doing. One could very well argue that's what a lot of the people you find in a random PUG group are doing.

I mean, I can fully deck out a character with donated gear, but if I make a fire mage with no hit rating and barely any crit, my dps is going to be awful no matter how hard I mash my buttons.
    I wasn't arguing about specializations and gear sets. My argument was about "I have high GS" vs. "I don't have high GS, but trust me, I'm good." One is a number that sorta gives a raw indication of power (or at least potential), while the other is someone you know nothing about saying the same thing hundreds of others will, many or most of them not living up to it. Chances are just higher someone with a high GS might be able to overcompensate lack of skill with facerolling than every person who claims to be good to really pull it through. It's by far not an exact science, just a kind of "safer bet." It's also not fair and not an ideal scenario, but that's the PUG life, and why people with average skills and above much prefer to join guilds or make friends in guilds.

First 12345 Last