View Poll Results: Should we allow the well fed buff from fish feast bellow lvl 70?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • We should allow it in twinking BGs.

29 40.85%
  • We should NOT allow it in twinking BGs.

42 59.15%
  1. POLL: Should we disable the "Well Fed" buff from 'Fish Feast' in BGs?

Greetings Warmane twinks,

It has been recently common to see twink players using the 'Well Fed' buff from Fish Feast to obtain an unfair amount of stat boosts. (80 Attack Power, 46 Spell Power and 40 Stamina). Keep in mind, this change would only affect low level battlegrounds. 79 and 80 level battlegrounds will not be affected.

This is obviously not intended to be used in low-level battlegrounds as it provides a rather overpowered amount of stats at lower levels. Blizzard has fixed this in the following expansion as it became a more prominent issue.

As this is a part of the game and it is changing something that used to work for years, we wish to ask for your opinion on the matter. We believe, that it should be disabled in favour of more competitive gameplay.

Kind regards,
    Warmane

2. Of all the unbalanced things twinks take advantage of, why this one?

Off the top of my head, Furbolg Medicine Pouch#16768 currently requires level 45 to be used in retail. Why not that?

3. Of all the unbalanced things twinks take advantage of, why this one?

Off the top of my head, Furbolg Medicine Pouch#16768 currently requires level 45 to be used in retail. Why not that?
    Furbolg Medicine Pouch requires level 45 to be used indeed (was reported and fixed years ago).
    Have you any other unbalanced things in mind?

Greetings Warmane twinks,

It has been recently common to see twink players using the 'Well Fed' ....

Kind regards,
    Warmane
    Does it mean it will be possible to obtain that buff outside of BG, or will it be disabled completely for lower levels?

4. Does it mean it will be possible to obtain that buff outside of BG, or will it be disabled completely for lower levels?
    He said:
    "Keep in mind, this change would only affect low level battlegrounds"
    So, I guess entering in low level BG will cause buff removal. (so you can still use it outside)

5. Originally Posted by WoWWiki
    Amongst the twink community, a twink is not a true twink until it has the best possible gear in all slots and the most powerful enhancements allowable placed.
    Source

I don't twink myself, so I'll exclude myself from voting.

That being said, my understanding of twinking: The goal is to get every single beneficial effect you can get, via game mechanics.
    If this means using fish feast buff, I honestly wouldn't see myself saying no to it.
    Though, if you remove it, will it trigger a snowball effect?

6. Given the introduction of instant 19 Twinking on Blackrock, I think the well fed buff should be removed. It's penalty enough for new players to be required to queue with scuffed gear when they are just starting out. People abusing the well fed buff exacerbates an already bad imbalance problem. It's a shame to see as the "HK's + Wins = Gear" ethos of the blackrock server rewards stuff like this and people will abuse whatever they can to be able to gear up since the cost of getting BIS is so high and takes so long.

7. Though, if you remove it, will it trigger a snowball effect?
    Honestly? Hope so, wotlk is so far from being balanced and there are so many things that haven't been well-thought. A little change here and there wouldn't hurt. Blizzard have been balancing the game through the years and obviously they didn't fix every early-life mistake in wotlk. And because of that we have to play with those little dumb things, because it's "blizzlike", even though they've been changed to make more sense in the next expansions.

But I get that some people might be against it, because they will worry that warmane will become some custom, wotlk-like server. And that's understandable. I would be against that as well, because I like wotlk how it is mostly. But some small tweaks with a poll like this one before changing anything? Why not.

8. Twinks will oneshot random levelers with or without it and in terms of twink vs twink, they will both have it. Doesn't seem like a real problem to me.

9. Honestly? Hope so, wotlk is so far from being balanced and there are so many things that haven't been well-thought. A little change here and there wouldn't hurt. Blizzard have been balancing the game through the years and obviously they didn't fix every early-life mistake in wotlk. And because of that we have to play with those little dumb things, because it's "blizzlike", even though they've been changed to make more sense in the next expansions.

But I get that some people might be against it, because they will worry that warmane will become some custom, wotlk-like server. And that's understandable. I would be against that as well, because I like wotlk how it is mostly. But some small tweaks with a poll like this one before changing anything? Why not.
    While i do see your point, I kind of think that it's kinda cool that Warmane is it's own beast. Some things are bad, some things are good. I gain more from these buffs (obviously since I don't twink meta) than most people, so there is definitely bias on my end.

For example, this server has both a solo q, a pointshop/coinshop and transmog. I wouldn't wanna trade any of these for a blizzlike experience. These are (atleast for me) a quality of life kind of thing. I don't need to be able to just hop into arenas whenever I feel like it, but it makes me even more into the server, because I don't think it impacts balance that much. I don't need to be able to donate for Don Carlos Hat, but I don't think it impacts balance that much.

10. Greetings Warmane twinks,

It has been recently common to see twink players using the 'Well Fed' buff from Fish Feast to obtain an unfair amount of stat boosts. (80 Attack Power, 46 Spell Power and 40 Stamina). Keep in mind, this change would only affect low level battlegrounds. 79 and 80 level battlegrounds will not be affected.

This is obviously not intended to be used in low-level battlegrounds as it provides a rather overpowered amount of stats at lower levels. Blizzard has fixed this in the following expansion as it became a more prominent issue.

As this is a part of the game and it is changing something that used to work for years, we wish to ask for your opinion on the matter. We believe, that it should be disabled in favour of more competitive gameplay.

Kind regards,
    Warmane
    Putting my two cents into this. Just like I said above, I don't think it changes much. Is it an advantage? Sure, but there are advantages at level 80 too. Why not ban FAP at level 80 or certain drums (if the other team for instance doesn't have a druid and don't have drums, that resistance can be a huge advantage).

Furthermore, I don't see this impacting too many people, and even if it did, I don't think that's cause for removal. The Crimson Deathcharger is a massive buff at under level 40 - I wouldn't wanna put another level cap on that for example. Even if it has been.

Just like with anything twink related my general stance is this - If something is super strong, and you "need it", go get it. You can get cooking, you can get fishing, this isn't locked behind a paywall. Sure, it may take dedication and time that you do not have, but then the same can be said for level 80. "Please remove anyone over 5.8k gs, I don't have time to play at a competitive level."
    Edited: September 29, 2020

11. Remove feast for lower lvls than 70.

Oh, and IP limit players so only one instance is allowed, since players will log on multiple accounts and go afk in bgs / que up with toons in no gear , on the opposing side leading to very tedious game experience.

12. Oh, and IP limit players so only one instance is allowed, since players will log on multiple accounts and go afk in bgs / que up with toons in no gear , on the opposing side leading to very tedious game experience.
    THIS ^^^

Fish feast is not currently a problem at my bracket as it's available to everyone with no paywall. Players planting naked AFKs on my team is an issue I have to deal with constantly.

Edit: Just tried it out and my 39s cant even use the fish feast. Even if an 80 drops it for them. Is this thread for the MOP server only?
    Edited: December 31, 2020 Reason: more info