1. Population decline?

Hey, everyone.

I recently returned to WOTLK and chose Lord over Ice because Ice seems too late-game oriented.

I’ve read some 3-4 week old posts where people mention Lord population up to 9k. My question is: what happened? How did it drop so fast and low?

2. 9k is at peak hours (which i forget what time that actually is). this is fairly normal population for NA evening/night.

3. I think the average number of real players is around 5k-6k. For my taste, the realm has just the right amount of people, so you never feel lonely but it's also not overly-crowded, like it is on Icecrown, where you have 100 people afking on Dalaran stairs.

4. I think the average number of real players is around 5k-6k. For my taste, the realm has just the right amount of people, so you never feel lonely but it's also not overly-crowded, like it is on Icecrown, where you have 100 people afking on Dalaran stairs.
    What he said. I just recently made an alt, lvl 54 now, and I've had plenty of situations when i had to fight for mobs. Population wise Lordaeron is the healthiest realm Warmane has.

5. 9k is at peak hours (which i forget what time that actually is). this is fairly normal population for NA evening/night.
    I am new and only saw 3 servers to choose from. They all had the server time at 3am when it was only like 7pm in the eastern US. I can't see the latency but it has to be horrific wherever the server is. Which server is the closest to NA?

6. Adrenas, I think all servers are based in EU or close to the area. The 3 realms you can choose from are based on what kind of gameplay you wish to have. For a good OG WotLK experience, I suggest Lordaeron. For not having so much time to play, Icecrown is the choice. If you only wish to focus on PvP, Blackrock is the option.

7. I am new and only saw 3 servers to choose from. They all had the server time at 3am when it was only like 7pm in the eastern US. I can't see the latency but it has to be horrific wherever the server is. Which server is the closest to NA?
    I would suggest Icecrown as the best option, because there are NA guilds and realm is still alive during NA evening hours.