1. What are those great results please ? Because i got 1 million gold in my bank, I worked hard by farming , making potions , reselling stuff, and now I am gonna get half of everything, how can that be healthy ? Please explain?
    I'll explain you how it's not healthy :
    First of all, all gold goes 50% and most of players put items for 50% higher price so they can get same amount of gold they've bought it for (can you blame them? ) so that way people need to farm more to earn gold they've already earned and you took them that. If you want analytic, pay us for gold you take form us.
    Second of all you disrespect players on your server, for New Year you give us some "rewards" and month after you take a half of our earnings... You squish gold on one click and some of us invest a lot of time in farming/crafting/ re-selling things. I am playing on this server since 2010. and this is not fair at all guys. And please answer me one more time how does give you great results ? What results?
    I agree.

Rewards were utter .... like every year. Except some coins and points.

Vote points marketplace is disaster and earning points is slow. No lower level items too.
    -

No lottery anymore. Why?
    Isn't that better way to squish gold? To give some nice icc gear or mounts ? We had lottery before, what happened???

2. LMAO Every year this happens, and every year it gets worse.
    They need to do more about bots in the first place.

Players are fine.

3. well, considering the inflation you people are talking about ALREADY happened back in november-december i dont see why this bothers you all so much. it might cause a new inflation period? probably. but it is necesary. us oldies are capable of surviving with this economy but new players stand no chance at buying anything unless they farm a TON for their stuff.
    doing a gold squish is not nice, but sometimes its necesary, and i believe this time it is

4. You guys are missing the point.

This is not about AH prices.

It's about the fact that WoW itself generates gold: Gray trash items, quest rewards vendored for gold, and gold rewards from quests.

This is a constant influx of gold into the server. And then that gold gets redistributed when people buy/sell items. The end result is a bunch of fat cats with huge stashes of gold.

Then, the fat cats decide to buy/sell even pricier items, for even more bloated prices, since they know that other fat cats will can afford to buy them.

This leads to the gradual collapse of the whole economy. First year, a server may have 1 million gold in circulation. And then 3 million, 5 million etc.

By cutting all gold, the actual gold coins, the servers are reset back to pre-inflation values.

Yes, it sucks for those who have stockpiled tens of thousands of gold... but so what. It's necessary unless we want servers with 100 million gold coins in circulation, where every basic item costs 100g each, and where new players can't afford anything. -- Exactly like Retail WoW is now after years of inflation/gold piling up.

5. I do feel that gold squish is good in some way just the current issue is most of us believe that there won't be any gold squish this year and suddenly it just pop out. Is this warmane's new approach to gold squish? Instead of doing it every January, you guys feel that it works better by carrying it out with surprise element?

6. Some of us work hard to maintain the gold we accumulate. I believe you should consider giving coins to replace the gold you're taking if we purchased it from the website. The economy is fine, now the inflation will begin. I don't believe this was or is a good idea.
    This, please think Staff.

7. You guys are missing the point.

It's about the fact that WoW itself generates gold: Gray trash items, quest rewards vendored for gold, and gold rewards from quests.

This is a constant influx of gold into the server. And then that gold gets redistributed when people buy/sell items. The end result is a bunch of fat cats with huge stashes of gold.

Then, the fat cats decide to buy/sell even pricier items, for even more bloated prices, since they know that other fat cats will can afford to buy them.

This leads to the gradual collapse of the whole economy. First year, a server may have 1 million gold in circulation. And then 3 million, 5 million etc.

By cutting all gold, the actual gold coins, the servers are reset back to pre-inflation values.

Yes, it sucks for those who have stockpiled tens of thousands of gold... but so what. It's necessary unless we want servers with 100 million gold coins in circulation, where every basic item costs 100g each, and where new players can't afford anything. -- Exactly like Retail WoW is now after years of inflation/gold piling up.
    Not entirely - if more people enter the game and do stuff to increase the overall amount of gold on the realm, there are also more people across which the gold is split.

8. Great idea.

In the last 5 months, the AH prices of a lot of items have more than doubled, some tripled. It's not because lack of demand, it's because there's so much gold that someone will pay it.

People complaining about the huge pile of gold they farmed for... WTF are you people going to do with a million gold? Sit there and look at it? Do you think everyone else should have to quest twice as hard to make gold so that you can sit like scrooge mcduck and stare at more gold than you can use? And if you sell it for coins, you still have the same equivalent value of coins after the squish. Watch what happens to gold sales for coins. You'll get half as much for the same coinage.

This complaining is ridiculous.

9. Not entirely - if more people enter the game and do stuff to increase the overall amount of gold on the realm, there are also more people across which the gold is split.
    But more people aren't entering. There's just more gold and the same number of people. The off-peak player numbers aren't significantly higher than they were 6 months ago (based purely on my recollection, but there sure aren't twice as many accounts registered and active.)

10. So the question is now, or my question, do you go on a spending spree or save?

11. well, about time this happened.

a gold squish was mandatory due to the high ammount of gold in the game that preety much rendered gold useless (seriously, on icecrown some BoE's are 25k+ and even something half-low lvl like a battered hilt costed around 14k)

needless to say this makes it impossible for new players to access the ah items since prices are ridiculous.

problem here is: everyone expected gold squish for december, so everyone sold their stuff more expensive as result... BACK IN DECEMBER.

the way i see it, there are 2 things that might happen now:
    a) everyone chooses to sell their materials and KEEP GOLD, thus their prices will gradually drop
    or
    b) everyone will try to get rid of all of their gold and KEEP MATERIALS, making their price increase (considering in the last 4 hs some ah prices have increased by almost 50% i believe people will do the latter)

which strategy everyone choses to use is up to you guys. will you buy now that its expensive, but can later resell the goods since those are not halved? or do you rather sell now and buy later with half the gold when its cheaper?

12. i add: i believe squish should be applied ONLY on icecrown server, since i doubt lordaeron or outland ones benefit from it

13. So, even tho the gold squish happened in 2018, gem prices are HIGHER than ever before.
    At the moment, prices on everything are slowly jumping untill the point they will be more than double, while maintaining their expensive status after the squish, so i guess nothing will actually change..

I really dont know what are you trying to do with this squish, except that you are trying to make more money out of coins wasted on gold, with all duo respect.
    I would really want to have someone explain it to me, how is this good for the server, aka community and the AH?

I dont care about the gold, I live with 1-2k per char, mainly for repair bills, if I ever get them since i cant play that much nowadays.
    And before you say this will hurt those that have A LOT of gold, no, no it wont.
    Those people made even MORE gold out of the squish, cos they are most likely to buy all the stuff now and they are the one that will always have the gold and goods to dictate prices on the AH and do anything with it, just like in real life, the more cash you have, the more you will make.

All I am gona say is that prices on AH for example atm are:
    200-300 gold Gems.
    800-1000 gold 1x Primordial Saronite.
    300 gold 1x Titansteel Bar.
    150 - 200 gold 20x Saronite Bar.
    100 gold 20x Cobalt Bar.
    100 gold 1x Frozen Orb.
    Lets wait and see what will happen after the squish.

For anyone wondering what would be the best thing to invest your money on:
    In game things like Traveler's Tundra Mammoth, Chopper mats, Epic Flying, Signet of the Kirin Tor (ring that teleports you to Dalaran), Portable Hole (24 slot bag from Shatrath) any in game item that wont lose or gain value before or after the squish. So if you ever wanted to get any of these, or similar items, go for it.

14. You guys are missing the point.

Say ppl do as you say and the old cats stack gold. Those same old cats have been here for a long time and know that before November you need to change your gold to real items since the gold will be squished at the end of the year. Then they start buying items on ah and get a lot of gold in items. When the squish finally happen they will lose like 5k gold instead of the 50-500k that they "should" have lost.
    Now the big cats have a lot of items worth a lot of gold and if they need gold they sell some items.

!!! In other words: This is a good idea BUT it should just happen and not be announced.!!!

Since ppl have been talking about gold squish since November prices have exploded. Not so much on icecrown horde than on icecrown ally but they have exploded and now they are going to reach the atmosphere! If we are lucky ppl will sell to lower prices after the squish but humans are not like that.
    Everyone wants to get their investments back and how do you get your investment back? You sell the stuff for the same price as when you bought it. Meaning why would you lower your price when you sell stuff when you can still take insane prices and ppl will pay it because they need it? So what 75% of the server can't buy it? The other 25% will buy enough for everyone...

First 123412 ... Last