1. May 31, 2018  
    The Icecrown bg scene is utter and complete crap, for all except those in the 10 man AV enabler premade club. And it's not even that fun for those in it, at least for those of us who welcome a challenge. There's a certain trollish personality which thrives on it, and those are the ones who get in the "big guild" club. And I've been in the club, I just didn't care for it. I'd much rather do bgs on a server where the result of the bg is frequently in doubt and where individual skill makes a noticeable difference.
    It's very easy. VOA 10/25 every week, RDF once a day, ICC every week, win of the day and arenas every week. Honorfarm during downtime. <-- 6k in 3 weeks, i've done it, it's very easy.

With that said, and in regards to the quote. The BG scene is good. Premades are not in every BG around the clock, I know this for a fact. If you want to be in a bigboy premade i suggest either asking a leader of a premade if you can join OR making your own premade and /yelling in whatever major city your faction has. You shouldn't be punished for being well geared, you shouldn't be punished for playing alot and you shouldn't be punished for joining a guild and experiencing the social aspects of an MMO. People with bad gear who want to take part in big premades and large scale PVP have the chance to do so too and there are several ways.

1. Get to know someone in a guild who can vouch for you.
    2. Get off your *** and get geared.
    3. Show someone that you're dedicated and good at PVP.

If you don't want to take part in it, then you have made an active choice not to, and that's totally fine. Go solo que and pug your way to the top. There are several good PVPers soloqueing each day with a massive ammount of HK's (specifically the top HK char on the entire server does this).

The individual skill meme is pretty funny too. How would you know who is skilled and who isn't in a premade? How do you prove that you are better or worse than someone in a 40v40 pug teamfight? How do you take into account counters? When does gear start mattering and on which classes? This is a troll right?

2. May 31, 2018  
    The individual skill meme is pretty funny too. How would you know who is skilled and who isn't in a premade?
    That's the point- on Icecrown you don't. As dps, you run around in a big zerg waiting to mash your high-damage ability and/or execute because the target won't be alive long enough for you to push anything else. On Frostwolf, players stay alive long enough, even with premades involved, for you to see how your enemy is using his cooldowns, defensives, etc and you can tell his skill level.

You mentioned the top HK player on Icecrown, by which I assume you mean a certain horde hunter with a two-letter name. Dude may not have much of a life, but I can tell he is skilled because he stays alive well in spite of being in solo queue (he does often seem to attract pocket healers, not sure if they queue with him or not). So he gets more respect from me than these guys who just run around in a 10 man zerg. But he's very much the exception on Icecrown.
    Edited: May 31, 2018

3. May 31, 2018  
    Don't need to trigger yourself because u cant run anymore 15 man pm in Slot to farm Hks like apes...
    its of the best change they did recently about PvP.
    I don't even play bigger than 5 man premades, so stop writing random stuff before asking. I get bored to death with or against big premades equally unless it's organized 20v20/40v40 etc.

I'm just stating than any bull**** argument from them with an answer of "we're doing this so it's more blizzlike" can just get thrown out of the window because they introduced transmog.

Edit: as far as HK farming goes, I can do that by myself easily. I got around 200k honorable kills by queueing with 5 people or less (mainly duo queue).

4. May 31, 2018  
    I'm just stating than any bull**** argument from them with an answer of "we're doing this so it's more blizzlike" can just get thrown out of the window because they introduced transmog.
    Warmane is a business, so it's no surprise if they add business-friendly things that are non-Blizzlike. The current status of Icecrown bgs is very much business-unfriendly and only really helps the guys in the Premade AV club who, for the most part, donated all they are going to. Maybe if running big premades becomes harder, then the new guys trying Icecrown will see a light at the end of the tunnel and decide to donate for a piece or two instead of just leaving the server.

5. May 31, 2018  
    On Frostwolf, players stay alive long enough, even with premades involved, for you to see how your enemy is using his cooldowns, defensives, etc and you can tell his skill level.
    Uh huh, tell me more about Chaos Bolt.

6. May 31, 2018  
    Uh huh, tell me more about Chaos Bolt.
    Doesn't one shot geared players with healers. Granted, destro locks are the ones you see put up silly kill numbers, but chaos bolt has a long cast time and destro is a spec with weaknesses, especially if you can get interrupters on them. If destro were some super-op bg spec, then most locks in rated battlegrounds on Frostwolf would be destro. They aren't- most go affliction for rated battlegrounds.

As far as the overall gameplay of the two servers, there's no comparision. Just to give you an example that's easy to understand, teams on both Icecrown and Frostwolf seem to approach AB the same way, namely by sending the main zergs up to lumber mill at the start. It's FAR more common on Frostwolf for the initial fight at LM to be a long, competitive affair than on Icecrown. On Icecrown, you can pretty much guarantee yourself that one team will wipe the other at LM very fast, which usually causes some players to leave or go afk.

7. May 31, 2018  
    I've said so before, and will say it again: it's the Administration who decides how much "like" the whole "Blizzlike" thing means for Warmane. Just like it being decided for a feature to be introduced doesn't works as some sort of excuse for other similar things to be done, the fact we have something like transmogrification doesn't means or implies that we can't want to stick to what it was like on retail on others. We're already missing the "Blizzlike" part of charging a subscription fee, after all, but I don't see people whining about that.

8. May 31, 2018  
    Sure, but you have an ability to donate for any single piece of item that you want, or all of them. So those things nullify themselves. And of course, if you want to play at Icecrown at peak times you kind of have to donate at least 10 euros.
    Nobody's complaining about any of that either.

9. May 31, 2018  
    Sure, but you have an ability to donate for any single piece of item that you want, or all of them. So those things nullify themselves. And of course, if you want to play at Icecrown at peak times you kind of have to donate at least 10 euros.
    Nobody's complaining about any of that either.
    So two "non-Blizzlike" things "nullify themselves" when you don't want to pay a subscription fee in the name of "Blizzlike," but that effect doesn't happens anymore when it comes to transmogrification? It almost feels like you're picking and choosing just to complain about something you disliked.

10. June 1, 2018  
    It's good that they removed it, besides 5m premades and 1 healer is all you need. If you go over that it becomes boring and requires no skill, if you like that good for you, I don't mind. Though it's impossible to become an actual good player if you rely on a 10-15 premade all the time with enough healers to start your own hospital. It's always fun to pick those people off 1v1 in BG when they leave the 'pack', and notice how well they actually know their class. Hint: They don't.

11. June 1, 2018  
    It's good that they removed it, besides 5m premades and 1 healer is all you need. If you go over that it becomes boring and requires no skill, if you like that good for you, I don't mind. Though it's impossible to become an actual good player if you rely on a 10-15 premade all the time with enough healers to start your own hospital. It's always fun to pick those people off 1v1 in BG when they leave the 'pack', and notice how well they actually know their class. Hint: They don't.
    the people who join with 10-30man premades are those who farm hks, having fun is another thing for them.

12. June 1, 2018  
    so, i guess no more multiboxers with 20+chars on bgs now?) wow, really sad, i need more hks

13. June 1, 2018  
    I don't think it affects multiboxers or premades with 20+ chars. Only random battlegrounds are missing ID. When you queue for specific battlegrounds, IDs are still there. And those who have 20+ chars in group most likely queue AV or IOC. Even if IDs were removed from specific battleground queue, there is pretty high chance that when AV queue pops up for whole group, it's the same AV for all of them.

14. June 1, 2018  
    Removing bg ids won't change anything in terms of balance in bgs. Noobs will alwasy get gy camped or carried.
    This just kills one of the social aspects of pvp.

15. June 1, 2018  
    Removing bg ids won't change anything in terms of balance in bgs. Noobs will alwasy get gy camped or carried.
    This just kills one of the social aspects of pvp.
    15 man pm , is this what u call " social aspect of pvp " kappa

First 1234 Last