1. Disable second monitor> reload wow> login to whatever account> reset default video settings>should fix the perma black log in with both monitors open if you dont feel like figuring out how to keep windows mode on via the methods other threads provide or simply arent tech savy enough. hope this helps.
    Windows 10. Worked for me!

2. If u are stucked in windowed mode, now you just have to set configuration into default.
    Worked for me :)

3. Having similar issues. Just installed and ran game fine, then started tweaking settings and UI. Changing from 60Hz to 120 refreshrate AND ticking windowed mode produced the perma blackscreen, now i cant change anything back.

Tried adding parameters like -maxscreen -fullscreen etc to shortcut, doesnt work. Looked for an .ini file to see if i could change settings, i guess the .wtf file does the same trick. Now if only Win10 would let me open .wtf files in notepad or some such to edit it
    Right click config.wtf -> Open With -> Notepad

4. thanks alot , SET gxMaximize "0" in config.wtf fixed it :) God bless and Jesus Christ too xd <3 thx alot :)

5. It's a windows 10 thing, if you click on ok while the windows is black, it will work just fine afterwards.

6. Legend!

This works.
    Add new line into the config.WTF
    and write the following:
    Code:
    SET gxWindow "1"
    this is it:

SET gxWindow "1"
    SET gxmaximized "1"

and delete only read! what an amazing lad you are!

7. this is it:

SET gxWindow "1"
    SET gxmaximized "1"

and delete only read! what an amazing lad you are!
    its gxmaximize without the 'd' - so:

SET gxWindow "1"
    SET gxmaximize "1"

8. SET gxWindow "1" was an instant fix. Thank you.

9. Delete WTF Folder

Just delete the WTF folder! Works every time!

10. This absolutely worked for me, thank you!

First 12