1. How to kill a hunter?

How to kill a hunter as a mage? Equally skilled ofc...

2. I'm not mage as main, but I was hunter in alot of expansions, and this game isn't balanced. I think full bis and skilled hunter is the counter of mages.

3. Well I think too. No way I can kill them. Which spell to silence? All their spells are instant cast...

4. I'd probably go Frost. Anything that can slow them down is nice. In Pandaria I used to kill Hunters as Arms Warrior. (Fury and Protection didn't work at all against them).

5. Frost only-
    Pet nova into deep instant>fake dps>wiht shatter>99% trinket>poly>he will insta silence>insta block>insta remove>poly>kill pet>repoly 1xresummon water ele>shatter with deep>mirror images>spam icelance>nova on hunter>icelance>blink into disengage>arcane missiles>coc>2nd block>nova>deep.

6. Frost only-
    Pet nova into deep instant>fake dps>wiht shatter>99% trinket>poly>he will insta silence>insta block>insta remove>poly>kill pet>repoly 1xresummon water ele>shatter with deep>mirror images>spam icelance>nova on hunter>icelance>blink into disengage>arcane missiles>coc>2nd block>nova>deep.
    Yeah Im also frost. Why arcane missiles??? And what besides ice lance? Dmg is too low
    And what is coc? :/
    Edited: February 15, 2018

7. Equally skilled the hunter will shiet on you. Lol the dude telling you how to beat a hunter has so many problems in that paragraph of garbage i dont even.

8. You have some chances only as fire mage with los around or with luck for disarm proc.
    As frost you have low chances to beat huntard if he is not mentally challenged.
    Arcane has zero chances to beat equal geared and skilled huntard.

If huntard is nelf, chances to win are reduced.

Frost only-
    Nice tactic, works fine against afk hunter.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Edited: February 16, 2018

9. And what is coc? :/
    Short for a rooster, just kidding. Cone of Cold.

10. You have to kill their pets first. CC the hunter (it is a big pain in the a**) once you killed his pet try to get a nice sheep and evocate since u will probably be low hp.

And btw use iceblock on chimera

11. As a mage, if there is a equally skilled mage vs hunter, it is almost impossible for a mage to kill a hunter.

12. wait whhhaaattt.....???? your saying ice lance does low damage ? boi freeze the target and spam ice lance and it will do 3x damage :d

13. You have some chances only as fire mage with los around or with luck for disarm proc.
    As frost you have low chances to beat huntard if he is not mentally challenged.
    Arcane has zero chances to beat equal geared and skilled huntard.

If huntard is nelf, chances to win are reduced.

Nice tactic, works fine against afk hunter.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Then you never fought a good mage as hunter, or you are a bad mage then if you never defeated a good hunter.

14. May 2, 2018  
    the general rule of fighting hunters, is you gotta kill there pet.

keep in mind, this grows to be more difficult the better the hunter is (or the better geared they are)

but basically ud set focus to hunter, instantly swap to there pet. kill it then u slow and root em (saving blink for disengage) and fight em up close. they cant do much at that point.

15. May 8, 2018  
    This is how i go: i focus the hunter, put i also target him. Before the duel starts i get my pet out, so i can nova into deep instantly and pop veins when the lights go green. Now depending on positioning i will either run next to him or blink, mostly the latter (yes im the ****** mage that blinks b4 disengange, reason is that he needs to see that im going to be standing next to him and get my shatter off b4 he gets out of deep, little mindgames) and i start casting frostbolt on the hunter to bait trinket, at this point im ready to instantly /stopcasting and try polymorphing trinket, heres where veins play a big part, you need all the haste you can get at this point. Interestingly this has worked very well to bait trinkets for me. In Icc its a 99% trinket, for obvious reasons....

Now, theres 2 ways this fight will continue, he either trinkets ur deep or he doesnt.

1. When he does, he will most likely try to scatter, det or feign (he cant silence you since ur in hes deadzone atm) ur first poly, i trinket here if he scatters, and simply que another poly, when he dets i start casting frostbolt on pet, i usually stop the cast early and change to poly so i hopefully catch hes /cancelaura det.

Usually the first poly already lands. However if ur first poly gets scattered, and the the 2nd one silenced, you should be ready to block whenever he disengages, since next in hes que is aimed and chimera 100 %.

After poly you simply kill hes pet and drag the game with dr polys, mirrors novas deadzone etc, untill your df has no dr and you win with 2nd df.

2. He doesnt trinket ur df. At this point i usually try to punish, and instead of going pet, im going to stay hunter, when my 1st fb procs fireball i can most likely get him to 60-70% before df ends. When fireball procs i usually instantly cast it with a lance, to avoid casting after my df has ended. Its very likely that by now you already have fof proc up from pet attacking you (use ice armor vs hunters so pet attacks vs you proc fof). Before df fades i use mirrors into nova plus r1fb and lance. R1 fb so i have a chance of proccing fireball, r1 fb is amazing in this duel. From here on its textbook, blink disengage yada yada, evo ontop of him and **** like that. Remember tho that your next df is going to be trinketed.

-With los you shouldnt realy lose to hunter in 1v1, simply too much stuff for you to abuse.

-Always use ice armor vs hunters, mage armor is nearly useless, since stings are counted as poisons so chimera actually even hits more with mage armor since you have less armor.

-Dont play by the book, everybody is always telling you to blink disengage and do this when he does that, when ur getting blasted from almost max range just outrange him completely with blink and evo/los for example.

-To me this is one of the fastest paced duels as a mage. If you cant trinket that scatter pretty much instantly theres realy no point at all to trinket.

-It is realy easy to **** up, or simply get a randomass meld on df, so be ready to get your knees bruised.
    Edited: May 12, 2018

12 Last