1. [WOTLK PVP] Impact of race choice on a casual player

Hi, I'm interested in trying out WotLK after a long break and mostly focusing on various forms of casual PvP.
    I don't want to start another thread on how overpowered Human racial is or isn't, but I'd like to ask if there's any sort of niche I can fill by picking other, "non-meta" races? I'm interested in playing non-Human races, if only due to looks or some small niche outplay potential that can't be achieved with EMFH, mostly because I don't anticipate having time to farm strong PvE trinkets.
    I'd like to make it clear that I understand the power of the Human racial very well; I'm mostly asking what some unorthodox race choices can offer me, rather than worry about what I lose by not playing Human. I'm a bit of a "glass half full" kinda person.

And have a nice weekend :)

2. The human racial thing is honestly getting 10 years old. Human racial only provides an advantage to heals; Any DPS class sure gets a proc but has to put resilience gems on every socket wasting other potential stats. If you ask me I would say that Orc is absolutely the best class to play a warrior without doubts. The enrage racial can be seen as a secondary active trinket and the bonuses you get such as stun reductions and axe mastery are just too good.

You can basically get sharpened twilight scale or DBW and easily all gems to arpen giving you more passive arpen than a human without losing resilience at all.
    As for paladins blood elf is the best pvp class period, is the only paladin that can kill a healer if bursting and chain stun silencing right.

Idk any class works in truth you just have to use your brain and instead of following generic guides to gear up and build your character addapt to the situation and find what suits you the better.

3. I see, thanks!
    How do you feel about Dwarves and Gnomes? It feels like Ironforge races are extremely unpopular in WotLK, which seems like a pretty huge fall of grace compared to their TBC incarnations. You'd think Dorfs'd be stronger with the new Disease-reliant class coming up...

Regards.

4. All other Ally races are next to useless when compared to Human. Night elves are only other option as they can use shadowmeld to dodge a spell and have -2% hit chance against them. Horde on other hand does have some options but doesnt seem you want to play them

5. Horde on other hand does have some options but doesnt seem you want to play them
    Ah, no, I don't mind either faction choice, but I do plan on rolling with a group of friends and we're all on the fence on which faction choice we'd make, so I'd rather weigh all of my available options! Thanks for the answer!

6. I would indeed go for a night elf, although a dwarf could be cool in some situational moments in example vs a priest or a rogue, the racial could save your butt more than once and aside from racials I think DØRFS look really cool. Up to you mate what's important is that you enjoy the game.

7. The human racial thing is honestly getting 10 years old. Human racial only provides an advantage to heals; Any DPS class sure gets a proc but has to put resilience gems on every socket wasting other potential stats. If you ask me I would say that Orc is absolutely the best class to play a warrior without doubts. The enrage racial can be seen as a secondary active trinket and the bonuses you get such as stun reductions and axe mastery are just too good.

You can basically get sharpened twilight scale or DBW and easily all gems to arpen giving you more passive arpen than a human without losing resilience at all.
    As for paladins blood elf is the best pvp class period, is the only paladin that can kill a healer if bursting and chain stun silencing right.

Idk any class works in truth you just have to use your brain and instead of following generic guides to gear up and build your character addapt to the situation and find what suits you the better.

Thats not really true, you get the Proc (which is a TON of damage) and the added stats due to ilvl differences (of pvp trinket vs heroic pve trinkets). Human is flat out the best racial.

In general, given that you want no human, nelf can be amazing if you can play with meld (playing against a warlock that lands 0 coils >>>>> playing with emfh), undead gives you an extra pvp trinket vs warlocks, orcs are the best hunters (if you cant meld stuff), troll shadow priests get a free berserk with eng gloves + racial and so on.

But really, if you want to play a race that can be human and you dont roll human just go Horde, that at least excuses it. The difference is VERY noticeable.

8. If you're a casual player, then nothing you do matters at all to anyone.

Just pick what you want.

9. Hi, I'm interested in trying out WotLK after a long break and mostly focusing on various forms of casual PvP.
    I don't want to start another thread on how overpowered Human racial is or isn't, but I'd like to ask if there's any sort of niche I can fill by picking other, "non-meta" races? I'm interested in playing non-Human races, if only due to looks or some small niche outplay potential that can't be achieved with EMFH, mostly because I don't anticipate having time to farm strong PvE trinkets.
    I'd like to make it clear that I understand the power of the Human racial very well; I'm mostly asking what some unorthodox race choices can offer me, rather than worry about what I lose by not playing Human. I'm a bit of a "glass half full" kinda person.

And have a nice weekend :)
    if you want to pvp in wrath then pick a human as the human racial is very op'ed and there is no question about it. think of it this way whats better/stronger 2 dps trinkets or 1?the answer is two as you get 2X the damage/healing/procs so human is the easy choice.

10. if you want to pvp in wrath then pick a human as the human racial is very op'ed and there is no question about it. think of it this way whats better/stronger 2 dps trinkets or 1?the answer is two as you get 2X the damage/healing/procs so human is the easy choice.
    Thats not how it works, you dont get a second trinket for free. You lose 153 resiliance (passive on pvp trinket) and the advantages of the racial of whatever race you picked. Now, because the trinkets you usually wear have a higher ilvl then the pvp trinket you usually gain a few secondary stats, but not in a very meaningfull way (since the lost resiliance has to be gemmed for elsewhere, non humans can just gem a bunch of secondary stats or use more pve items).

The question is if the racial you gain is better then the proc/onuse of the trinket + the few lost stats. Mostly the answer is no, but for example Meld, belf silence for rets, WOTF for healers etc are all really strong racials. But in general the human racial does pull ahead.

11. Thats not how it works, you dont get a second trinket for free. You lose 153 resiliance (passive on pvp trinket) and the advantages of the racial of whatever race you picked. Now, because the trinkets you usually wear have a higher ilvl then the pvp trinket you usually gain a few secondary stats, but not in a very meaningfull way (since the lost resiliance has to be gemmed for elsewhere, non humans can just gem a bunch of secondary stats or use more pve items).

The question is if the racial you gain is better then the proc/onuse of the trinket + the few lost stats. Mostly the answer is no, but for example Meld, belf silence for rets, WOTF for healers etc are all really strong racials. But in general the human racial does pull ahead.
    yup sorry im wrong and your right the human racial is balanced in wrath....history has proven the free trinket human racial was very well balanced and had no impact on game play...

Death's Verdict =
    Equip: Increases attack power by 288.
    Equip: When you deal damage you have a chance to gain Paragon, increasing your Strength or Agility by 510 for 15sec. Your highest stat is always chosen.

or 153 more resi now tell me again "its close" and i will tell you are wrong again and do not forget to factor any bis trinket twice over as one can use 2 as human even a heroic and non heroic auto proc and manual proc or 2 manual proc trinkets back to back,see my point?

you lose nothing picking a human to pvp with its the opposite really picking anything other then human "another race" is when a player "loses" stats.

" you usually gain a few secondary stats, but not in a very meaningfull way (since the lost resiliance has to be gemmed for elsewhere, non humans can just gem a bunch of secondary stats or use more pve items)."

a few secondary stats?yeah sure thats all it is... and why would anyone need to gem for more res beacsue of a trinket?its wrath is all about that pve gear.
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=73741

"Human: The extra expertise is meh, and Diplomacy is lol if you aren't grinding out the Justicar title. Every Man for Himself should be the only reason you go Human (they run weird). That being said, If you have 2 amazing PvE DPS trinkets, and you are NOT a Human Warrior, you are gimping yourself. HARD" that applies to any dps spec if your not a human your playing from behind and heals get more from human racial as well. op did not say if he was dps or heals but again either way = human.

again its been years and we all know what the human racial was = op'ed maybe its the x-pac your defending? either way two dps trinkets procing is ******ed damage compared to 150 res.
    Edited: October 10, 2018

12. All other Ally races are next to useless when compared to Human. Night elves are only other option as they can use shadowmeld to dodge a spell and have -2% hit chance against them. Horde on other hand does have some options but doesnt seem you want to play them
    draenei 1% hit rating for raid,and that nice heal which can save you some times.
    as you said nelf,can escape combat,escape any dmg with shadowmeld and harder to hit.
    And gnomes have escape artist that is similar to Every man for himself human's racials.

13. How about Dwarves?

Their racial goes hand in hand with DK’s, doesn’t it?

I haven’t calculated anything and I won’t, but the idea of almost full PvP Dwarf DK with at least 150 resilience more(in comparison to humans) and stoneform could be a really nice tool in the right hands for duelling almost anyone? Even those smournors (btw, Shadowmourne became like BMW. Everyone has it, and it’s For rednecks) if played smart.

Also, “casual” player is queing BG alone(most of the time), sooo... again, Dwarf UH DK?
    I’d also try Dwarf Protribution paladin. How ‘bout that?

AM I RIGHT? YES I AM
    THANK YOUUUU!! BYE-BYE.
    Edited: October 11, 2018

Kraden
    If the impact of a racial like EMFH would not be that great then 80% of the Alliance side would not consist of Humans.