1. I would actually love to see these changes in BGs as well instead of limiting it only to arenas. Would actually start organizing WSG premades vs premades again. =)

2. I would prefer the entire patch is implemented but that's not going to happen so I asked for at least the bugfixes.

The typhoon delay isn't a bug - it was always supposed to have the delay, just like cloak of shadows was supposed to only have a 90% resist chance.
    That 90% introduces too much RNG which messes up high rated arena through pure luck. This is why the experienced PvPers chose to alter it on Blackrock.

The Typhoon delay is a bug, due to the server being unable to tell how long it takes to hit it's target (at the moment its a flat delay).

Seems like you mistakenly thought I was opposed to the patch.

3. Since malaco sold arena-tournament out completely and just gave up on wotlk arena in general i doubt there will be any changes at all. however i think there are pretty easy ways to atleast gain some population back and create some kind of competitive nature again.

first off 3.3.5b is a given, definitely a must.

second of all you need to stop with thesecases and trading of transmogs and instead promote 3v3 for transmogs. make 2v2 and solo queue require a lot more rating for transmogs and maybe limit it to TBC s1s2s3s4 transmogs from 2v2/soloq.
    in order to make it fun for everyone regardless of skill level, have new transmogs for, lets say, every 50 ratings gained, so maybe 1600/1650/1700 etc, could also implement mount rewards for certain ratings, example is spectral tiger at maybe 2,4-2,5k and have these changes ONLY for 3v3.

another suggestion would be to merge, if this is possible to do in a fair and somewhat simple way, all of the wotlk servers for arenas, the queues are horrible on blackrock currently.

all in all it's sad to see a server with such potential go down the ****ter just because it feels like the devs/gms have given up, i dont think it actually requires much work in order for wotlk arena to grow again, especially with such reputation from its former days that could potentially bring back a lot of old players if some work was to be put into it.
    Edited: April 19, 2017

4. i will repeat again - IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO HAVE 3.3.5a and 3.3.5b BOTH IN THE SAME TIME IN ONE ****ING REALM lul

5. first off 3.3.5b is a given, definitely a must.

all in all it's sad to see a server with such potential go down the ****ter just because it feels like the devs/gms have given up, i dont think it actually requires much work in order for wotlk arena to grow again, especially with such reputation from its former days that could potentially bring back a lot of old players if some work was to be put into it.
    I think you're absolutely correct that the arena community has been almost completely ignored since the merger of AT & Molten. They have done nothing to promote the 5v5 bracket (most logical choice would be to offer transmogs specifically to those participating in 5v5s, coins based on 5v5 rating, and lower the rating necessary to get shoulders in 5v5 - other options would be to choose a weekend once per month to offer an incentive for people to queue 5v5s on that weekend - it could be anything from triple the arena points awarded for the week to tripling the number of rating earned per win - SOMETHING to get 5s queues going. Another option would be to host tournaments for 5v5s once per month to encourage teams to queue) nor have they done much to promote the 3v3 bracket.

With that said, I have faith that they will at least implement patch 3.3.5b for arenas and possibly BGs but it will absolutely take more than a little nudging from the arena community.
    Edited: April 20, 2017

6. all in all it's sad to see a server with such potential go down the ****ter just because it feels like the devs/gms have given up
    That's exactly what it seems like. The only active staff left seem to be moderators, ticket level GMs or Event GMs who only do PvE style events like hide and seek..

Does Warmane have ANY staff dedicated to PvP? At all? I would be very surprised if they did.

It's pretty sad and unfair that the AT was forcibly merged with a realm that seems to hate PvP in general. The staff apaprently want nothing to do with it.

I would repeatedly donate to this server across my accounts, however as you said.. it looks like the staff have given up on WoTLK PvP completely so no point in investing money into a dead horse.. so to speak.

7. well to people replying, i dont believe the 5v5 bracket is something they should focus too much one, both because it has always been the least competitive bracket and because with such ****ty populations it is just a waste of effort.

i believe the problem is just the way they have structured everything, i dont think they have to revitalize the server as a whole.

Imagine if they repatch to 3.3.5b, give benefits to people playing the 3v3 bracket, reintroduce the old VIP options, remove the cases and transmog trading, perhaps make the 3s ladder MCH for more interesting comps, it would be enough as a start and would very likely bring back people who quit once they realised the staff had given up on the server
    Edited: April 20, 2017

8. It's pretty sad and unfair that the AT was forcibly merged with a realm that seems to hate PvP in general. The staff apaprently want nothing to do with it.

I would repeatedly donate to this server across my accounts, however as you said.. it looks like the staff have given up on WoTLK PvP completely so no point in investing money into a dead horse.. so to speak.
    Yeah, they were a bit short-sighted. I'm a busy person and have neither the time nor patience to grind up gear on AT. Therefore, I donated to have BiS gear on all 10 toons. After a year or two, AT said "JK, we're removing BiS gear but ummm ... please donate again!"

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. They certainly lost donors over that move.

At any rate, I do think they will eventually implement 3.3.5b for arenas / BGs.

9. It looks like they don't have that many resources and they are primarily focused on the TBC realm. Would be nice to have some idea of whats being worked on.
    Edited: April 21, 2017

10. Don't think they need too many resources tbh.

1. 3.3.5b

2. Promote 3v3 by giving all transmogs from 3v3 bracket and only s1s2s3s4 from 2v2. Also reward mounts together with transmogs in the 3v3 bracket and keep the rewards very frequent (1550, 1600, 1650, etc)

3. Remove all the cases and the current transmogs, complete reset.

4. Only give the possibility to face soloQ in 3v3 to a certain rating, say after 2000 3v3 rating you can only face other 3v3 teams or duoQ's.

5. Reintroduce the old VIP system

This will be enough to bring back more players and making 3v3 more active again, whenever you face the problem of meta stalling out etc there are plenty of things you can do instead of just giving up like last time, introduce MCH only, try s7 gear again etc etc, im sure there are plenty of ways you can make it interesting.
    Edited: April 21, 2017

11. Don't think they need too many resources tbh.

1. 3.3.5b

2. Promote 3v3 by giving all transmogs from 3v3 bracket and only s1s2s3s4 from 2v2. Also reward mounts together with transmogs in the 3v3 bracket and keep the rewards very frequent (1550, 1600, 1650, etc).
    I generally agree with you and of course think re-introducing patch 3.3.5b (a patch that's already been created and implemented on AT prior to the merger) would be huge for the pvp community. With that said, I would really hate to see them re-introduce solo queue. I thought that sounded the death knell for AT. I would love for them to re-introduce the VIP system but I think many ppl who played on AT would be very hesitant to donate for that considering donors were rewarded by having their VIP gear removed when the server later needed more donations.
    Edited: April 22, 2017

12. I generally agree with you and of course think re-introducing patch 3.3.5b (a patch that's already been created and implemented on AT prior to the merger) would be huge for the pvp community. With that said, I would really hate to see them re-introduce solo queue. I thought that sounded the death knell for AT. I would love for them to re-introduce the VIP system but I think many ppl who played on AT would be very hesitant to donate for that considering donors were rewarded by having their VIP gear removed when the server later needed more donations.
    Yeah I see your point, however I think the current population is too low for an active 3v3 ladder but if there was a possibility to have only 2v2/3v3, and perhaps 5v5 in the future for fun, that'd be great and I'd prefer that too. I feel like they implemented solo queue in hopes of saving what was already a dying server.

I think they should reintroduce the old VIP system or any other system that is similar to the old one, it's just a personal preference, and seeing how crowded vip island was I'm sure people enjoyed it just as much. I do see what you mean though and they'd have to have some kind of insurance to make sure you'd get money back in case the server was to be shut down.

e: I'm pretty confident though that to introduce old vip system, 3.3.5b, remove transmog/case trading, promoting 3v3 will bring back a **** ton of people, I'd almost bet money on it

13. well to people replying, i dont believe the 5v5 bracket is something they should focus too much one, both because it has always been the least competitive bracket and because with such ****ty populations it is just a waste of effort.
    5v5 will always be the least played bracket and I certainly don't think it should receive a huge focus from the staff. I think the 3v3 bracket should be receiving the most attention right now. With that said, I don't think it would be too burdensome to encourage the pvp community to queue 5v5s one weekend every 4-6 weeks by either hosting a special event or some other incentive for people to queue 5v5s (i.e. voting points, coins, increased arena pts, or 4x the normal rating boost per win).
    Edited: April 27, 2017

14. 5v5 will always be the least played bracket and I certainly don't think it should receive a huge focus from the staff. I think the 3v3 bracket should be receiving the most attention right now. With that said, I don't think it would be too burdensome to encourage the pvp community to queue 5v5s one weekend every 4-6 weeks by either hosting a special event or some other incentive for people to queue 5v5s (i.e. voting points, coins, increased arena pts, or 4x the normal rating boost per win).
    Yeah sure your idea is good but I think this band-aid mentality that both blizzard and unfortunately AT ran with on its downfall is a huge problem. You need to fix the root of the problem, which is no promotion for 3v3, the 3.3.5b patch which is infinitely better than the current patch is not live, you need to bring in money which is easily done through a similar VIP system that they had before. Once you dig down and fix the core issues there will be plenty of options to do fun-based events. But right now the focus should be entirely put on reviving the server

15. You need to fix the root of the problem, which is no promotion for 3v3, the 3.3.5b patch which is infinitely better than the current patch
    I agree completely with this

First ... 23456 ... Last