1. Is this a bug or ?

Hello. I am very upset.

Today I noticed that when I kill any creep/mob/add/monster or whatever you wanna call it, I do not get "out of combat" for like 3 seconds after the creep/mob/add/monster/whatever died. Before today, this was not the case, you could instantly re-stealth. This was an annoying thing on this server on the critters, randomly some day it got changed that if you kill a critter you still sit in combat like 3 seconds after it's dead, and that still is the case, which was annoying back when you could skin them and then mount and then skin again and stuff like that, but now critters aren't skinnable, which is also annoying.

Anyway, now, even when killing creeps/mobs/adds/monsters/whatever, you still remain in combat 3 seconds after said thing has died. This is EXTREMELY annoying and borderline unplayable for rogue subtlety game-play, particularly when you are farming in extremely dangerous areas such as crystallized fire farm locations. Until today, when you kill something, you instantly come out of combat and can re-stealth and be safe. Now you just randomly ****ing cannot anymore, and then some warrior with shadowmourne jumps you with his 7k gear-score while you are some 4k gear-score dude trying to farm gold to buy some good pve items. Yeah you have 2 vanishes, they have cool-downs. You can't kill something then vanish non-stop, you run out of them, then you just have to afk until they're back up again. Before you could just wait good moment to exit stealth, kill, quickly re-stealth without having to vanish. Now you just ****ing randomly can't. Why ? Why was this changed ? Why is it not mentioned anywhere ? Why is nobody talking about this ? I'm losing my mind here.

What the hell ? I don't see any change-log or anything. You just randomly destroy part of rogues kit without saying anything ? What the actual hell is this change ?

I tried re-logging, but it's still the same. What the hell is this ? This is way too annoying. I'm literally considering leaving the server now. But where to go ? This is the best server. Just change it back to how it was. What the hell ?

Why is nobody saying anything about this change ?

2. My friend also told me about this combat bug where it disappears after a while and not instantly.

3. Wow it's gone now, very unexpected, I tried to see again and it isn't happening anymore. Thank god. I thought I was gonna leave the server because of it, and I didn't want to, and I was annoyed, etc. It's still very weird that it just wasn't going away even after re-logging. After trying again hours later now it's not happening anymore.

Edit: maybe someone should still investigate it a little bit though, I'm sure this isn't annoying just for rogues lol, it's annoying for anyone that tries to for example use the mount fast. Randomly having to wait 3 extra seconds for no reason after every creep kill is unbelievably annoying.
    Edited: January 26, 2022 Reason: had something to add

4. First of all, it's not a change. It's something that occurs commonly with certain kinds of monsters. Secondly, this is by design, and works similarly/same on retail. If you want to leave because of that, by all means go ahead, but in the future I would suggest that you calm down and use the bug-tracker to report things that you think are bugs before posting like this on the forum.

5. To be honest, something went wrong with combat fading time in the last few days. Sometimes takes 10+ seconds to leave combat in PvP, while not being hit by anything. I was unable to restealth during 10 sec blind yesterday. I know about dynamic combat fade time, its supposed to be randomly around 6-7 seconds, but it seems to be 8+ at the moment.

6. To be honest, something went wrong with combat fading time in the last few days. Sometimes takes 10+ seconds to leave combat in PvP, while not being hit by anything. I was unable to restealth during 10 sec blind yesterday. I know about dynamic combat fade time, its supposed to be randomly around 6-7 seconds, but it seems to be 8+ at the moment.
    I can confirm that today combat status fade time is way too big.Played 2 battlegrounds and it was rlly annoying(sometimes even 15-30 sec+)

7. To be honest, something went wrong with combat fading time in the last few days. Sometimes takes 10+ seconds to leave combat in PvP, while not being hit by anything. I was unable to restealth during 10 sec blind yesterday. I know about dynamic combat fade time, its supposed to be randomly around 6-7 seconds, but it seems to be 8+ at the moment.
    Totally agree here.
    @Mercy - there is definitely something wrong that has occured in the past couple of days with combat fading, specifically with paladins. all my paladin friends are encountering the same issue. And no there were no oppponents, no pets chasing us, no dk dots of any sort.
    Combat fading is definitely not working as intended right now for the past couple of days. It's detrimental in wpvp & bgs.

Thanks,
    S.

8. Not only have I noticed that you stay combat flagged longer than usual after killing a mob, but pets will continue to attack nothing and also take damage. Something is broken.

9. Combat fading is definitely not working as intended right now for the past couple of days. It's detrimental in wpvp & bgs.
    Is it? Any chance people were used to it not working as intended and now it's actually been fixed?

Not only have I noticed that you stay combat flagged longer than usual after killing a mob, but pets will continue to attack nothing and also take damage. Something is broken.
    That sounds more like display delay because of lag than anything else, even more so when no one else has posted about it.

10. Is it? Any chance people were used to it not working as intended and now it's actually been fixed?
    I'm 100% positive it's been broken since the restart on the 24th, I know how to replicate the bug and keep in combat 24/7 as a priest, and it's definitely also possible with other classes. I believe you might have fixed something related to combat in PvE situations, but certain abilities bug it out in PvP. One way to replicate it is to simply get combat from an enemy player and then spam holy nova in the air while not hitting anything. Your combat will not drop until you go oom.

11. Is it? Any chance people were used to it not working as intended and now it's actually been fixed?
    Hey Ob,

I've been playing this expansion since retail back in 2008, as well as on these servers for the past 10 years.
    It's hard to explain exactly how to replicate what's going on, but there is definitely an issue with combat fading. Believe me when i say it's not working as intended since the server restart. I wish i can give you more details and such, but its just so random. It may be linked to damage over time effects, or aggro, but sometimes it's not. I can be stuck in combat for upwards of 20+ seconds without any attacks or any hostile targets keeping me in combat.

12. If that's the case, as has already been said, this should be taken to the Bug Tracker, not the Forum.

13. If that's the case, as has already been said, this should be taken to the Bug Tracker, not the Forum.
    I agree with you Ob, however this issue is what i would consider critical and significant, since it affects not just a niche population, but the server as a whole.
    It affects wpvp, bgs, leveling and even dungeons to some extent.

We wanted to bring this up here to garner some attention from not just others experiencing this but also the mods.
    I looked at the bug tracker and it's all over the place, there are numerous tickets being raised but for specifics encountered by the individual. Some think it's pve related only, others think it's pvp related, some also think it only affects their class.

What we can say is that with 99% confidence there is something that affected combat fading in the recent days and it's not working as it used to.
    Respectfully, this should be investigated further. We know this has been happening for a couple of days now since a recent restart? A root cause analysis might be necessary here to figure out what went wrong during that restart.

Sincerely,
    S.

14. We wanted to bring this up here to garner some attention from not just others experiencing this but also the mods.
    And that's breaking Forum rules. Two Moderators saying that this should be in the Bug Tracker instead really should have been enough.