1. Is Affliction playble in PvE? TBC

Hey,
    I would like to know if affliction warlock is decent in PvE. I know he can use improved Curse of Elements, but is that enough to get him a spot in some hardcore guilds roster?

2. nop. Destro shadow bolt spam is the one and only if u wanna be efficient and play high tier competitive pve.

3. Our guild has a dedicated affliction warlock for Malediction/Shadow Embrace/Imp buff, of course Destro does more damage but having an Affliction lock for utility is good also.

4. Thank you for the info guys. This is the big turn-off for me, because with sh bolt spam you can have brain damage and play for the first time or play the game for 5 years and still have same DPS with the same gear :( I will try to play affliction or any other class with enjoyable rotation, and if it wont wotk out I guess a go slay sopmething on other xpac :D

5. Affliction is viable, but you'll be a support char.. You probably wont get a good group in a raid... But your play will be fun at least. You're literally there to provide improved Curse of Elements and the damage debuff. That's practically it.

6. 3% inc damage from curse is bull ****. 1 bm hunter will cover it and do twice or ur damage. Affliction is bull****. This is tbc and theres no class or spec diversity. Something works, something not.

If you wanna class and spec diversity - you should consider playing another expansion.

7. you cant fit hunter in every spell group, thats it ... improved elements gives even other chars boosts, for example enhancenent shaman.

8. Yes, affliction is viable. You can have 1 in a raid. They don't do as much damage as destro, but their utility makes up for it. Imp stamina buff on tanks, shadow embrace, imp curse of elements. They will be in the middle or lower end of the pack dps wise, depending on what group you can give them. 40/0/21 is the spec.

Literally ignore everything YolmCameBack is saying. He obviously has no clue. Many top guilds have one.
    Edited: July 26, 2018

9. Affliction is very much viable and can outdamage destruction till ~T5. After that, the further you get, the better destruction gets.
    As for current raiding tier, depends on raid setup. If you're running heavy caster setup it may be worth getting affli for 3% dmg.

10. afflic is totally playable, people on this server just dont understand how to play support
    i really like afflic in pvp especially

11. Yes, affliction is viable. You can have 1 in a raid. They don't do as much damage as destro, but their utility makes up for it. Imp stamina buff on tanks, shadow embrace, imp curse of elements. They will be in the middle or lower end of the pack dps wise, depending on what group you can give them. 40/0/21 is the spec.

Literally ignore everything YolmCameBack is saying. He obviously has no clue. Many top guilds have one.
    Ye I haave checked best guilds on armory and they got affli locks but noone of them is running UA. Its something like hybrid. I wanted to play lock because you haave lot of buttons to press + you have to track 24/7 your dots. I was plying hunter and spam 1 macro------> I quit in SSC/TK season. I need some class with complex and enjoyable rotation.

12. Ye I haave checked best guilds on armory and they got affli locks but noone of them is running UA.
    Please take into account, that it may just be too complex, and people cba playing affliction in 10y old content, when they can go destro, spam 1 button and do more personal dps.

13. well UA just falls off once you have 4 pieces of t6, but yeah kinda depends on the setup aswell if its worth running but you can usually top meters accounting your effective dps ontop of shadow embrace that reduces physical damage caused by 5%

14. It's only *slightly* viable in hard 25 man fights where the reduced tank damage is worth losing dps. For everything else, hell no.

15. Yes the ruin spec is more than viable, you just need to be smart about how you play and manage your imp. You can't have the same rotation in every situations, you simply have to adjust. It's not an easy spec. It also depends on what kind of group you get put in tbh.

123 Last