1. May 22, 2020  
    As Donald Trump said "Sounds good, dosen't work"
    The problem is people who actually need items for offspecc, an offspecc they can't even play because they are not geared, lets say for example i do Culling of stratholme heroic with my retri paladin, The tank shield drops on last boss and I really want to start tanking but I just miss the shield.
    IF no one needs it, why greed loot and loose it to someone else disenchant looting it? It makes no sense at all.

Needing on BoE's has been done forever and I'm stunned they actually bann people for it, Bloodqueens choker or any end game epics is understandable but blue RDF BoE's? what the actual ****.
    So next time I'm in a raid where the leader havent stated loot rules (cause a lot of them dosent even do that) Should I ninja report every single person who needs for ICC trash BoE's? Talk about overloading the tickets.

This has been a huge problem in pug raids.
    Just an example. Holy paladins "bis" legs are cloth with hit and haste, Those legs are also bis for some DPS classes. I can se why so much people don't understand this and rage over holy paladins winning this item. Some Rogue raged over me winning the heroic leather gloves from rotface, telling me they are infact not bis for warr and reported me for ninja, Reports like this just takes up the GM's time, time which they don't really have (looking at the time it takes to get answer on ticket).

These people who reports on something they belive to be right could fall under "false reporting" and get banned for trying to help the server.

The link about lootboxes is really intresting, because Rogues actually need them not for the items inside but to level up lock picking.
    I've seen "Dream shards" drop in RDF's what's the rule about those?
    What about all the people who need roll on an item? Why does just the "lucky" winner gets banned when everyone rolling need is just as guilty, the winner just got it randomly due to game rng.
    "Hey, can I roll for this for off-spec?" If no one actually needs it, 9/10 times people will say: "Sure." Actually the only "sure" you care for is the tank's in the case of the tank shield. Actually interacting with other players will get you out of these situations. Blatantly smashing: "need" without any form of clarification or declaration of intent will get people, rightfully, believing, that you are just a need spammer that will vendor / DE this ****. You are a ret pala, they don't know why you're rolling for that shield since from your spec, they can't really see that you need it nor that you have an OS tank.

You cannot NEED on a RDF cloth BOE if you are a plate wearer. Nor can a cloth NEED on a plate BOE. Since this can put you in a class advantage in a RDF where you can be the only cloth when a cloth boe drops, you are supposed to roll greed like anybody else. "It's been done forever so I don't see why people get banned for it," well, so has been racism. Just because something has been done forever doesn't mean it's right. Get in tune with reality.

Dream shards drop extremely rare. EXTREMELY extremely rare. The ruling behind them I would imagine is that it is as if an item got disenchanted and everybody rolling is fair game.

As far as only the lucky winner getting banned, yeah, that only makes sense. If group has no rogue and a warr needs on the lockbox, you can bet yer *** I am also gonna roll need on it because ain't there no way I am letting that P.O.S. weasel it out of my potential hands. After that, depending on how many people roll need on the item, I decide what to do. If ALL rolled need, then it's essentially the same as greed since everyone had a chance to get it within the roll of 1 - 100. If 1 or 2 rolled greed before the warr and I win it, I say: "guys, /roll", I /roll as well and the winner gets it. Simple as that.

2. May 22, 2020  
    Apologies in advance for the wall of text, but there's a lot to be said.
    Yeah, it pushes everything to be really "binary", either you roll fair or you ninja. And that line is not even so clear, everyone have their own rules, some agree, some don't. I have caught myself greed rolling on stuff just because it's fair according to rules, not because I actually want the item. It gives some sort of powertrip because "it's right", instead of talking and resolving, bumbam screens+ticket. Before there was thought process - who in group needs it, etc. At least that's the impression I remember, cant relate to "billion ninjas everywhere", didn't see that.

Just my anecdotal spew of the day.

3. May 22, 2020  
    "Hey, can I roll for this for off-spec?" If no one actually needs it, 9/10 times people will say: "Sure." Actually the only "sure" you care for is the tank's in the case of the tank shield. Actually interacting with other players will get you out of these situations. Blatantly smashing: "need" without any form of clarification or declaration of intent will get people, rightfully, believing, that you are just a need spammer that will vendor / DE this ****. You are a ret pala, they don't know why you're rolling for that shield since from your spec, they can't really see that you need it nor that you have an OS tank.
    Exactly my point.
    You cannot NEED on a RDF cloth BOE if you are a plate wearer. Nor can a cloth NEED on a plate BOE. Since this can put you in a class advantage in a RDF where you can be the only cloth when a cloth boe drops, you are supposed to roll greed like anybody else.
    We know that, and those cases are simple, but there are items everyone can need on, necks, rings, trinkets, cloaks.
    There's also rdf parties that has 5 plate users.

As far as only the lucky winner getting banned, yeah, that only makes sense. If group has no rogue and a warr needs on the lockbox, you can bet yer *** I am also gonna roll need on it because ain't there no way I am letting that P.O.S. weasel it out of my potential hands. After that, depending on how many people roll need on the item, I decide what to do. If ALL rolled need, then it's essentially the same as greed since everyone had a chance to get it within the roll of 1 - 100. If 1 or 2 rolled greed before the warr and I win it, I say: "guys, /roll", I /roll as well and the winner gets it. Simple as that.
    I meant winners of need roll in general not just lockboxes, if 20 people rolls need on an item (that they dont need) in a raid, lets say it's group loot and wodins neck drops. They are all just as guilty, the outcome of the winner is never clear until after the game rng decides it, and that rng also decides who's getting banned, I don't really think it makes much sense noor is it fair to only bann the "lucky" winner.
    What if the winner was a guy who saw 19 need rolls and rolled need too, it's just normal behaviour that people do that, just look at people rolling for malygos key, or ulduar discs, Algalon quest item or whatever, 90% of them have no idea what it is, but they roll when everyone else rolls.
    Point is, you said, "If ALL rolled need, then it's essentially the same as greed", That makes sense, but if warmane also shares this thought then post it on the ninja policy!
    I understand why the winner is the guy who gets the ban though because it would become a cluster**** to check every single need roll for a GM, I totally get it, it's just my opinion on the matter after all.

everyone have their own rules, some agree, some don't.
    Yeah and that's another reason why ninja policy is so hard to make precise.

4. May 22, 2020  
    Ninja reporting policy received small (and long overdue) facelift. We also reduced ban durations for lower level dungeons (eg underbog on wotlk expansion realms).

5. May 22, 2020  
    Ninja reporting policy received small (and long overdue) facelift. We also reduced ban durations for lower level dungeons (eg underbog on wotlk expansion realms).
    Many thanks Aldtharios.

6. May 23, 2020  
    Great job Aldtharios! All we ever wanted :)

7. May 25, 2020  
    For posterity within this tread, the updated relevant Rules text now reads:

What qualifies as ninja?
    - Master Looter taking items that were not reserved or giving them to players that did not win, unless it's 2nd highest roll when winner had no use for the item (rogue rolling on caster trinket).
    - Changing looting rules during the raid, after it has started.
    Example: You joined a raid that was being advertised as one with no reserved items and after first boss raid leader says that he reserves item x from last boss.
    - Player exploiting game bug to bypass master loot. In such cases it is best if master looter would fill report that shows player leaving the raid and empty loot window.
    - Player need rolling (group loot) on items which he cannot even use.
    - In RDF needing on items for OS (unless everyone in party is explictly fine with this).
    - Need rolling for other players to have 2 or more roll chances at one item.
    - Kicking players from raid for no reason, especially before distributing loot from boss kill that they participated in.

First 12