1. Multibox Exploit in WG? (Not your average multibox complaint)

Hello all.

Yes, I know Warmane's stance on multiboxing, and as they run the server that I am allowed to play on, I support them in their decision. This is not a forum post to bash multiboxers or complain about how "unfair" they are. Instead, there is an issue arising in Wintergrasp that involves multiboxers.

There is a phenomena occurring in Wintergrasp recently where a multiboxer wins the battle, and not a single wall has been destroyed (let alone damaged). Now, I'm not sure if it is intended or not, but it would appear that they either log out their accounts inside the Wintergrasp base, then they log them in after the battle has started. Either that, or they are flying into the base after the battle has started. Those are the only two explanations I can think of, I joined Wintergrasp a few minutes late and the base was clear. I moved to an objective, and word got out there was a multiboxer in the base solo'ing the vault. A few minutes later, we lost.

I reiterate, this is not a complaint about multiboxers. They just the only ones seen doing this behavior at the moment.

However, there is this line in the Players Code of Conduct about exploits - "anything else that gives you advantage over others that abuse the normal system" (http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=65037)

I feel however they are getting in to the base and winning Wintergrasp is an exploit, and therefor abusing the system. Wintergrasp was not intended for ~25 enemy players to spawn inside the base and start bombing the vault with presumably http://www.wowhead.com/item=42641/gl...-sapper-charge (I don't think I've ever seen bombs in the base, just RP-GG's). I highly doubt Wintergrasp was designed for enemy players to be able to enter the base without breaking walls in the first place. Wintergrasp was intended to be played by the defending team destroying southern towers, and the attacking team destroying walls and ultimately the vault.

The fix:
    - if you log into the zone after the queue for Wintergrasp (or the battle) has started, you are automatically teleported to the correct starting location.
    - ensure there are no locations for enemy players to fly and parachute into base (in my opinion the parachute, in this case, was implemented to force dismount safely and avoid falling damage, not for using it for airborne operations).

TLDR: How can ~25 enemy players be inside the Wintergrasp base with no walls broken, bomb the vault, and win with no walls destroyed?

Thoughts?
    Edited: July 12, 2018 Reason: A word.

2. People have been doing the same on retail, there's also been full rogue premades for SotA with the same tactic: shadowstep cannons to bypass walls / gates and then bomb the last gate
    Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm03136FTI4
    It's a cheesy tactic but it's very likely that the attacking team loses if defenders don't just all zerg south to kill towers but actually defend the base

TLDR: How can ~25 enemy players be inside the Wintergrasp base with no walls broken, bomb the vault, and win with no walls destroyed?

Thoughts?
    Cat feral charge / shadowstep a cannon @ walls
    Edited: July 12, 2018

3. Interesting. It just seemed off, havent experienced it before. Thanks for the input.

4. Just look at that video's general chat :D

5. People have been doing the same on retail, there's also been full rogue premades for SotA with the same tactic
    Does not work in 3.3.5 patch.
    Relic is not vulnerable unless other doors (legal path) have beevn destroyed.
    Same for wintergrasp, Seaforium charge and general grenade damage against static objects has been nerfed.

But it's Warmane, where cannons dodge backstab, so everything is possible.

6. Yeah thats what I thought as well, but I can assure ya no other walls were down in the WG op is talking about. Regardless of your feelings on mboxers, this strat goes way above and beyond normal gameplay, it honestly took like 2 minutes for MB win. Even normal anti-MB strategies - using vehicle AoE's, attacking from both sides, keeping all workshops up - are totally useless when someone can just backdoor and win in a minute.

edit: the WG i was in was different than the first posters, but at least in mine, no other walls were down

7. I can confirm, I was there, and I saw the whole thing.
    I don't mind losing, but at least play fair lol, so I ask - Is relic supposed to be vulnerable while all other gates are still up?

8. Does not work in 3.3.5 patch.
    Relic is not vulnerable unless other doors (legal path) have beevn destroyed.
    Same for wintergrasp, Seaforium charge and general grenade damage against static objects has been nerfed.

But it's Warmane, where cannons dodge backstab, so everything is possible.
    I have no idea where you get this from, it is not in any patch note nor can I find anything on this. even today's wowwiki statesthat titan relic is vulnerable when the keep door breaks, walls up or not.

9. I have no idea where you get this from, it is not in any patch note nor can I find anything on this. even today's wowwiki statesthat titan relic is vulnerable when the keep door breaks, walls up or not.
    First phrase was about SOTA - relict is not vulnarable upon path is created - you may ruin the last door but not able to click.
    (works as intended on Warmane)

As for wintergrasp, i have no clues how relict must react, BUT it's irrelevant - right after one famous guild backdored relic chamber with seaforium charges and bombs:

siege damage of these items had been nerfed

Since Wintergrasp does not have standart high damage siege objects to carry (as SOTA or ioc), it was not possible to backdoor WG very fast right after that recent fix.

10. First phrase was about SOTA - relict is not vulnarable upon path is created.
    As for wintergrasp, i have no clues how relict must react, BUT it's irrelevant - right after one famous guild backdored relic chamber with seaforium charges and bombs:

siege damage had been fixed.
    And since Wintergrasp does not have standart high damage bomb (as SOTA or IOTC), it was not possible to backdoor WG very fast right after that recent fix.
    The bomb damage is nerfed on icecrown aswell, and its not seaforium charges that are used on icecrown but the engineering bombs, they cause high siege damage and yes their damage is already nerfed, you just need enough people to use one.

11. can say thanks to horde mbxers for this scummy tacting being used at all. >:)

MemorieZ
    If noone noticed that sometimes (90% of the time) you just need multiboxer to win wintergrasp for horde because every (90% of the pop) pvper in alliance is human with full wf gear.

13. can say thanks to horde mbxers for this scummy tacting being used at all. >:)
    you are welcome!
    Edited: July 13, 2018

14. If noone noticed that sometimes (90% of the time) you just need multiboxer to win wintergrasp for horde because every (90% of the pop) pvper in alliance is human with full wf gear.
    Pathetic though that they need to resort to cheap(er) tactics to win ;) won plenty of WG against multiboxer. This is just on another level.

Might be an "allowed" tactic, but so cheap and sad. That'll happen, though. I guess.

Also dont come up with random percentages, they're stupid.

15. If noone noticed that sometimes (90% of the time) you just need multiboxer to win wintergrasp for horde because every (90% of the pop) pvper in alliance is human with full wf gear.
    As an alliance player, I can tell that our clearly higher number of WG wins is because of multiboxers. Diobox, stigeon and Munbox are carrying us almost every time.

12 Last