1. Originally Posted by Byako
    Nice guide, can someone please post a working talent link / Calculator. Thanks.
    affli doomguard

affli dark pact

affli imp felhunter

imp fel hunter build = best raw dps (tested)

2. I'm sorry but you need 2/2 in intensity as shadow bolt is a destruction spell therefore you will receive push-back in fights that do AoE damage (most raid encounters).

3. actually...

Spoiler: Show
    IF the fight has AoE damage, and IF you're bad enough to actually get hit by it, WHILE casting shadow bolt, there's a CHANCE you might not get a .5 second spell pushback

4. Ok, so lets looks at ICC encounters...
    Marrowgar - Bonestorm aoe
    LDW - Frostbolt/shadowbolt volley
    Gunship - axethrowers/riflemen
    DBS - avoidable aoe
    Festergut - Pungent blight
    Rotface - slimespray (avoidable on normal)
    PP - Abom aura
    BPC - shock vortex, inferno ball
    BQL - shroud of sorrow
    VDW - Blazing skeletons, frostbolt volley from mages
    Sindy - frost aura, unchained, mystic buffet
    LK - pain & suffering, infest

So basically you're going to receive push-back on pretty much every encounter apart from maybe DBS and VDW (if you kill mobs fast enough) and you will be casting shadowbolt 70% of the time.

There is no reason not to take it anyway.. where else are you going to put those two points? All other options are trash.

5. dunno if its update related or not but corruption glyph beats lifetap by far in PvE -
    due the highend hastecap u need anyways and the SB spamm at all times.

but ye doubt he gona Change dat guides from 2011 :D

Szewiasty7

Affliction

Hi, I just switch my lock from Destro (witch wasn't the best for me) to Affi. I Did read whole guide but still got some miss understanding to rotation and whole process of dmg. Can u tell me pls the one and only one real rotation (when to start corruption from the begining, how to go through fight) + talents coz i don't think i did get everything right. Below i'll put my whole stats + talents + gear. If someone could help me with increasing maximum dmg/dps.

Talents - http://rpgworld.altervista.org/335/warlock.php?23500020310235100535003311510000000000 0000000000000000055000005200000000000000000

Stats with fel armor only:
    Sp - 3545
    Hit - 438
    Crit - 792 (28.13%)
    Haste - 1050

Armory - 6298 Gs - http://armory.molten-wow.com/character-profile/Rakene/Ragnaros/
    Full gems red 23sp, yellow 10sp 10haste (2x 10sp 10crit), blue 10sp 10spirit, meta 21% crit
    Ench exaclty like on 1st page of this guide.

My rotation is Life tap > CoA/Cod > SB > Haunt > UA > potion of haste > Corruption > spamm sb , refresh dots, drail soul under 25%.

Tanks for time and help upfront.

7. Hi, I just switch my lock from Destro (witch wasn't the best for me) to Affi. I Did read whole guide but still got some miss understanding to rotation and whole process of dmg. Can u tell me pls the one and only one real rotation (when to start corruption from the begining, how to go through fight) + talents coz i don't think i did get everything right. Below i'll put my whole stats + talents + gear. If someone could help me with increasing maximum dmg/dps.

Talents - http://rpgworld.altervista.org/335/warlock.php?23500020310235100535003311510000000000 0000000000000000055000005200000000000000000

Stats with fel armor only:
    Sp - 3545
    Hit - 438
    Crit - 792 (28.13%)
    Haste - 1050

Armory - 6298 Gs - http://armory.molten-wow.com/character-profile/Rakene/Ragnaros/
    Full gems red 23sp, yellow 10sp 10haste (2x 10sp 10crit), blue 10sp 10spirit, meta 21% crit
    Ench exaclty like on 1st page of this guide.

My rotation is Life tap > CoA/Cod > SB > Haunt > UA > potion of haste > Corruption > spamm sb , refresh dots, drail soul under 25%.

Tanks for time and help upfront.
    Ok first of all your talents are fine. Mine are slightly different, but that it just personal preference (mine if you're interested: http://wotlk.openwow.com/talent#IcxMbhRAoVA0IktZE00Vb)

Stat-wise, it seems you have too much hit rating. The hit cap for icc is 17%. We get 3% from talents plus 3% from a shadow priest's debuff (should have 1 sp in every 25 raid) plus 1% from heroic presence. That means you want to aim for 10-11%. Which is something around 300 rating. I would get rid of that hit trinket and try to get DFO as it will increase your dps a lot more than the quill.
    Also if you want to increase your dps you need to start ditching that spirit gear and go for items with crit/haste. This means, and I'm sorry, you should swap your 2h staff for a hc main hand and off hand.

Ok so your start rotation is fine, as long as you have the shadowbolt debuff on the target before you cast corruption.

About the whole corruption thing. Back when this guide was first made there was a bug with corruption where it would take a 'snapshot' of your current haste rating when you applied it to the boss and then maintain that haste 'snapshot' as long as you kept refreshing the duration via everlasting affliction. This meant you could stack haste buffs (hero/bl, eradication, haste potion, engineering gloves, power infusion and haste trinket cds) so when they all lined up you would cast corruption and do some insane dps as long as you didn't let corruption drop off the target. This meant corruption had about a 4 second duration which was really hard to keep up as any encounter that required movement meant you had only ~4 seconds to move then refresh corruption or you would loose a huge amount of dps. So it only really worked well on DBS.
    However they have now fixed that bug; it no longer snapshots haste but rather updates it automatically as your haste rating changes throughout the encounter.
    It now snapshots your crit rating (as it did on retail) which means it does the same thing as it did with haste but now with crit. This is a lot easier to maintain as you're not dealing with a 4-5 corruption and also limits your options to stack buffs (potion of wild magic and a few trinkets with crit proc/cd).

TL;DR; Corruption used to roll with haste, now it rolls with corruption.

So this means you can apply corruption anytime you like as long as your shadowbolt debuff (5% crit) is on the target. So this is what my rotation would looks like:

Life tap, make sure a 13% magic damage debuff is on the target, apply correct curse, shadow bolt, potion of wild magic, haunt, unstable affliction, corruption --> spam shadowbolts maintain curse, UA and haunt.

Also in the kill phase (>25% health) while channelling drain soul you need to keep 3 stacks of shadow embrace on the target for drain soul to tick for it's maximum damage. This just means you need to cast haunt before it drops off the target.

That is all I can think of for the moment, I hope it helps.

8. Is this guide or at least this last post still worth on affli lock in game or has there been some changes with buggs/repairs?

9. Since there's no section about trinkets, may i know which trinkets are best in row? With vp, EoT, all possible trinkets before bis.

10. Can someone link the spec coz that talent calculator doesn't work...

11. Can someone link the spec coz that talent calculator doesn't work...
    http://wotlk.openwow.com/talent#IcxMbuMAoVA0IktZE00Vb

There you go, mate.

- No Imp CoA because you barely even use CoA whatsoever.
    - Range talents are not a DPS gain - just a convenience, and if you want to take them, you'll have to take both the Affli and the Destro talents because you cast spells from both schools - not worth it.
    - Threat talents in Affliction are not taken because tanks tend to not lose aggro from DoTs; in Destruction because the only Destruction spell you're casting (even though it's a big filler) is Shadowbolt and the 2 TPs are not worth it.
    - Pushback talents are taken both in Affliction and Destruction trees because of AoEs. Getting spell pushbacks is a direct DPS decrease. Having these talents and Concentration Aura ensures you will not get any pushbacks. You most certainly DON'T want to lose ticks from Drain Soul because of some lousy AoE.
    - Imp Felhunter is decent, but not as good as the other talents down there so you skip it.
    - Amplify Curse is meh since you only use CoE once every 5min, but it's still a DPS gain as it helps you ramp up your DoTs faster. The TP from it can be relocated at wish.

The rest of the talents are self-explanatory. I am just pointing out why the above talents are not taken.
    Edited: July 13, 2015

12. http://wotlk.openwow.com/talent#IcxMbuMAoVA0IktZE00Vb

There you go, mate.

how do you turn down a flat DPS increase with CoA? In any 25-man raid that's the go-to curse seeing as you'll either have a demo lock or a boomkin or an UH DK?

13. how do you turn down a flat DPS increase with CoA? In any 25-man raid that's the go-to curse seeing as you'll either have a demo lock or a boomkin or an UH DK?
    Curse of Doom does more dps.

14. Curse of Doom does more dps.
    And penguins can fly.

Seriously though, Curse of Doom does more overall DPS at lower iLvl but as your gear progresses and you get closer to BIS items (much higher SP), Curse of Agony begins winning over Curse of Doom. I'll try to get in a proof on my warlock throughout the week. There are few reasons why that is-firstly, take a look at the affliction talents. You see all those % increases from talents like Improved Curse of Agony and Contagion? Yeah, this basically means the farther your gear progresses the better CoA becomes (scaling of affliction spec is insane when it comes to end game).

Also, Curse of Doom isn't affected by Shadow Embrace. I believe that when you hit average iLvl of 245 which means decent haste/spellpower levels (around ICC normal gear and above), Curse of Agony becomes better than Doom.

Also, the other post
    Just explained above why CoA>CoD. The only other Curse you should be using is Curse of Elements if you have no Balance druid/Unholy DK/Other warlocks in raid
    - Range talents are not a DPS gain - just a convenience, and if you want to take them, you'll have to take both the Affli and the Destro talents because you cast spells from both schools - not worth it.
    Actually, sometimes range talent can mean DPS increase (for example you manage to finish re-casting the last few DOTs before boss goes out of range, etc.)
    - Threat talents in Affliction are not taken because tanks tend to not lose aggro from DoTs; in Destruction because the only Destruction spell you're casting (even though it's a big filler) is Shadowbolt and the 2 TPs are not worth it.
    I somewhat agree on this, although it is always helpful to have something that reduces your threat by a flat amount since warlocks tend to generate insane amounts of TPS when played correctly.
    - Pushback talents are taken both in Affliction and Destruction trees because of AoEs. Getting spell pushbacks is a direct DPS decrease. Having these talents and Concentration Aura ensures you will not get any pushbacks. You most certainly DON'T want to lose ticks from Drain Soul because of some lousy AoE.
    100% right on this one, you don't want to have any delay when casting spells.
    - Imp Felhunter is decent, but not as good as the other talents down there so you skip it.
    Agreed on that one.
    - Amplify Curse is meh since you only use CoE once every 5min, but it's still a DPS gain as it helps you ramp up your DoTs faster. The TP from it can be relocated at wish.
    Actually, Amplify Curse is a decent talent when your haste level isn't too close to GCD cap (which is 1639 haste if I recall correctly without any raid buff). When you reach 1.3k-1.4k haste with raid buffs, the talent doesn't really do anything unless your average ping is really low (less than 100). If you run around 900-1000 haste, it is a much more noticeable talent and will provide a slight DPS increase (since it takes less time for GCD to 'reload').
    Edited: July 14, 2015

First ... 78910 Last