1. Improved news feed.

Hello, I really love the simplicity of the website but I feel the news feed could do with some "modernisation"
    I feel that it currently looks a little cluttered and I made came up with an example as to how it could be done.

Basically it would mostly only be visual changes, and possible a tiny bit back-end.
    I can tell that this website is mostly forum based but I don't think this would be a hard change to implement.
    (of course this should be changed to be more in style with the websites style)

2. I would prefer seeing 5 latest news titles without scrolling down when I open the site, as it is now. Instead of just 1 with a large image, as you have shown, or even the image alone and not the news itself on smaller screens. That would just make the community even more unaware of what's happening, which already seems to be a problem based on awareness of the recent gold squish.

News section is also often used for quick announcements, for example, temporary technical problems. Those are posted quickly and removed later, so looking for an image for those would be unnecessary, posting them without an image would be inconsistent and putting a placeholder image would just push the actual announcement down, making it less visible.

3. There would be an image for every article.
    Quick announcements like technical problems could be made its own separate thing like a red bar somewhere. (Honestly should be its own thing). They have the "spot" for it if you take a look at the html code.
    Images are much more likely to be looked at than a wall of text.
    It would not really be an issue on smaller resolutions because of how this website was coded. (Try and make your window smaller, it will pop-up with a horizontal scrollbar when it gets too small)

4. Like they already have the alert thing coded into their website they just need to put it to use and modify it a little ;)

5. With smaller resolution I meant mostly vertical resolution and what you see when you open the page, without scrolling down. If there were images, first news title itself might not fit in the screen. Of course you can scroll down to read it but it's less visible that way.

To me it doesn't really feel like a wall of text. It's title and 1-2 lines of text per announcement. And only the first few are relevant, the rest are usually older. Images might be looked at more but text needs to be visible at the same time to give the image some context. Since that's not really possible on smaller screens with current layout, some changes in websites layout might also be needed to make it effective.

6. That's true, I didn't notice the news feed at first because I tend to ignore things that just look like text, that's why I said it looked like a wall of text :P

This is only a suggestion after all :P The way I personally coded with image in the example I made the image can be set to a certain size without stretching though. But yeah I see your point with it possibly being able to cause issues with the current layout unless they made changes to the layout.

7. pictures just take up lots of space for no real reason. prefer it the way it is now over anything that adds pictures.

8. Pictures take up space because they're well.. Pictures. They gather interest, why do you think blizzard uses images for their news feed? And that their entire website is almost only images and videos :P ?

9. Pictures take up space because they're well.. Pictures. They gather interest, why do you think blizzard uses images for their news feed? And that their entire website is almost only images and videos :P ?
    i frankly don't care what blizzard uses. if you want to know the news and keep up to date with things you don't need pretty pictures to attract you to it. unless you're like 5. than maybe you do need pretty pictures.

10. There's no need to be a rude dick about it.
    I was making a suggestion. That's the whole point of there being a suggestions part to the forum.

I honestly don't need bs replies like yours, you clearly just don't like changes. You should really stay out of the suggestions part of the forum if you can't handle changes.

11. There's no need to be a rude dick about it.
    I was making a suggestion. That's the whole point of there being a suggestions part to the forum.

I honestly don't need bs replies like yours, you clearly just don't like changes. You should really stay out of the suggestions part of the forum if you can't handle changes.
    you're free to post suggestions. just as i'm free to point of why they're stupid. change is great IF it changes things for the better.

12. I'm more expect when server maintenance, on the home page is written maintenance. and not the number of online players. it's quite helpful.

13. To be honest, Warmane's site looks really ugly. Triggered you or not, that is the truth.

Anderzenn gave us a nice suggestion how could news feed page could look. It isn't the best but with small changes it could satisfy almost everyone.

Pictures and videos are fine. If they are nicely put on website, designed and drawn very well, they can easily attract people.
    A picture is worth a thousand words.

Numbers of online players shown on right side are totally irrelevant, as you can already look them in Information tab. Also, they take space.

If this current news feed is good, tell me, how so many people asked me ingame for incoming gold squish? About 3 my friends who probably visit Warmane's site and a lot of people in Trade Chat.

Pure text on websites were used back in '90+, please, get modern.

Also, change that Argent Dawn winter wallpaper to something else or remove it. Winter is almost over for anyone who is playing on Warmane and someone even didn't have it.

14. Numbers of online players shown on right side are totally irrelevant, as you can already look them in Information tab. Also, they take space.
    Those numbers attract people and show which expansions are available. And if you had to wait in queue, you might want to see its current status on main page.

If this current news feed is good, tell me, how so many people asked me ingame for incoming gold squish? About 3 my friends who probably visit Warmane's site and a lot of people in Trade Chat.
    The message they put on websites news never actually mentioned gold squish. Just "economy adjustments", which might not seem important to most people.

15. you're free to post suggestions. just as i'm free to point of why they're stupid. change is great IF it changes things for the better.
    Sure you can voice your opinion, that's a right you have, but it doesn't mean it's okay to choose to do it in a rude manner nor it is okay to dwarf down other people's suggestions and sayings, bringing only hate towards you and making the very opinion you pitched of the least importance, like in this case.

12 Last