1. May 5, 2018  

What are the plans for after SWP/S4?

As we know SWP/S4 are dated to be released around July 7th. I am curious to what the future plans are for the server.

Let's say 6 Months from now when all of the content is well past cleared and the population starts to go down, does warmane plan on releasing a fresh TBC server to do it all again?

2. May 5, 2018  
    I reckon Outland will be just like Icecrown, yet since the failure of Medivh clearly showed people were not interested in 1x rates, I reckon we will not see any new TBC realm.

3. May 6, 2018  
    As we know SWP/S4 are dated to be released around July 7th. I am curious to what the future plans are for the server.

Let's say 6 Months from now when all of the content is well past cleared and the population starts to go down, does warmane plan on releasing a fresh TBC server to do it all again?
    July 7th is extremely optimistic.
    That will leave less than 2 months of ZA... That's never gonna happen.
    Truth be told i'm personalyl expecting Sunwell around October/November.

4. May 6, 2018  
    "Arena Season 11 will end on July 07, 2018 on all realms. Isle of Quel'Danas and all related content will be released around the same."

http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=382540

ZA is purely a catch-up raid. There's nothing weird about having "only" two months of it. For T6 guilds most classes can get 1 or two minor upgrades from the whole zone. It's not something that can sustain raiding guilds for any length of time.

5. May 6, 2018  
    Saying the population will drop a few months after swp release is highly unlikely, as quiet a few people play mostly for the end content (s4/swp), I'd even say it will most likely rise, if the quality beats other projects that host the same content right now.
    Also saying swp will be cleared in a few months might be true for the lowest amount of people, but the average pve player will very likely never see KJ here, and even guilds that are currently considered good might disband and reform before killing mu'ru (speaking from experience here) so it could easily take a year or two until a population drop that's worth mentioning due to a lack of interest in the content might happen and even that is not necessarily true, as given the case that BfA sucks worse than legion, more people from retail might consider playing older expansions.

Just my thoughts do with them as you please.

6. May 6, 2018  
    "Arena Season 11 will end on July 07, 2018 on all realms. Isle of Quel'Danas and all related content will be released around the same."

http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=382540

ZA is purely a catch-up raid. There's nothing weird about having "only" two months of it. For T6 guilds most classes can get 1 or two minor upgrades from the whole zone. It's not something that can sustain raiding guilds for any length of time.
    "Most classes" yes, but those upgrades are all the same item.
    For example, we're gonna have around 15 people in our guild wanting the physical dps ring and it's not gonna drop from 3rd chest every reset is it?
    "Catch up" raid doesn't mean "unimportant" raid. The gear standard increases the number of t5 clearing and thus t6 clearing guilds, creates significant increases in the recruitment pool for everybody...

Why would you want to completely remove that process by rushing through it? It's what this server sorely needs.

7. May 6, 2018  
    There always going to be players who need items.

Once t6 guilds gear themselves,they might quit,but you have lots of new guilds every day,progress has been made reset by reset and its going to be like that as long as server is online.

Then you have pvp side of it...

Server is going to have even more people once full content is released,and attunements are removed.

8. May 6, 2018  
    On the contrary, it is the shop update with SWP/S4 gear you can expect in October as it is on average 3 months wait time between a raid release and a shop update. ZA is like already mentioned a catchup raid and only serves PvErs.
    Besides they already stated S4, SWP and Isle of Quel Danas will come on July 7th. After all the zone is already complete, just locked off atm.

9. May 6, 2018  
    Why would you want to completely remove that process by rushing through it? It's what this server sorely needs.
    I don't see how releasing SWP would "remove" that process. T5 guilds are not going to be skipping into SWP if that's what you're thinking. All the "catch up" effects of ZA will continue to happen after SWP comes out, and they will benefit everyone probably for the rest of the life of the server.

10. May 7, 2018  
    the idea is that Zul'Aman is a catch up raid, gear wise.
    It's entire process, it's reasoning for being in the expansion was to boost the amount of tier 6 raiding guilds. Providing a much larger recruitment pool for the "top" guilds.

Now, shortening the Zul'Aman process means less gear for these "catchup" players. Ultimately diminishing the recruitment pool for the eventual Sunwell raiding guilds to recruit from. It's already bone dry Alliance side recruitment wise... Shortening the Zul'Aman patch play time significantly would just add to that problem.

I don't understand how people don't see this? They just want to rush everything out ultimately for nobody but themselves, whereas for the good of the server and the players it's better to have a good 3 mnths AT LEAST after ZA releases before Sunwell releases.

11. May 7, 2018  
    I don't understand how people don't see this? They just want to rush everything out ultimately for nobody but themselves, whereas for the good of the server and the players it's better to have a good 3 mnths AT LEAST after ZA releases before Sunwell releases.
    It is the long time inbetween raids that causes players to get burnt out on doing the same content that makes high end raiders take a break or leave.
    The issue with recruitment lies with those blasted attunaments, and that is why the SWP release is more crucial than anything! Because that patch removes ALL attunament requirements and also opens up very powerful gear for Justice Badges, opens up a lot of good daily quests for gold and reputation aswell as a good 5-man dungeon for gear.

Hence July 7th can't come fast enough. The server population is shrinking and like you said yourself, the recruitment on Alliance side is quite dry, and this is exactly what can be solved via the release of S4/SWP/IoQD.

12. May 7, 2018  
    Problem with recruitment on ally side is when t6 guilds recruit,they expect people to have t5/hyjal items,even tho there's no hyjal and t5 pugs.

Most t5 geared guilds cant kill Vashj/Kael'thas,that means no vials,no attunements,yet t6 guilds keep spamming every day 24/7 'WE RECRUIT'

Who do they recruit?They expect someone who already has raid position in t6 guild to leave and sit on the bench in their guild for months?

Also,when t6 guilds recruit,they nowhere say 'you gotta buy vials from other guilds' because no one would join then.But once you do enter their guild,and you ask 'are we gonna do t5 anytime soon' only respond you get 'better buy those from other guilds' if you get respond at all,because most of the times,out of 20 people online,17 of them sits in main cities,afking 24/7 so they could show their gear to as many people as possible.

All in all,if you want to raid,wait until attunements are removed,and go pugs.People gonna do them all the time.

I remember long time ago,guilds were all about hanging out,being friendly and helpful.

These days it all about being rude and sarcastic elitist.Ignoring other people's questions,because for God's sake,how me who has no t6 items can talk to you who's fully geared.
    Edited: May 7, 2018

13. May 7, 2018  
    Well just ignore and blacklist all players with that mindset Werdx as it just shows they have no good grasp on the PvE scene.

With that said, just wait for July 7th. It will solve so much.

14. May 7, 2018  
    Sorry but I guess u didnt realize it PVP already dead . People doing pvp for s3 weapons then stop ;) just wanted to say

15. May 7, 2018  
    Just look at how long it takes to finish ZA. I don't think they will be able to deliver tested and bugfree SWP on 7th July.

123 ... Last