1. SInce the XP rate is 5 and the gold rate is 1 won't that mean we will be close to 50 when we will get lvl 30 riding mount ?
    it was.... lvl 40 in TBC for the 1st mount, 60 the 2nd one (and 600 g), 70 the normal flying mount cost 800 g and the flying epic 5k g for riding + 100 to 200 g the mount :)

Wonder if this time it will still cost half your life to save the 5000 gold for an epic flying mount.
    as an alchemyst on retail it took me 15 days from scratch to 5200g and get the mount to have the Netherwing drake chain quest available

2. I am in favor of the 1x outlands rates and no pay2win cash shop format.
    1a. Pay to save time is not pay to win. Spend more time in-game and have the exact same gear as donors without paying for the server to exist.
    1b. No gear is hard to get. It's just RNG and time consumption (or not sucking at arena and time consumption.)

2. I'll be joining TBC WHEN I can buy all the gear I want for my rogue, I don't have time to waste on attunements, reps and pve and find them all boring, I presume those who are happy to spend time on those things enjoy it and are thus not actually wasting their time, those who aren't happy about it tend to be those who also hate the things I hate in-game but don't have the money in real life to skip the tedium, so they go on the forums and pervert terms like pay to win to make themselves feel better.

3. There is no pay2win in this game jeez. Bis gear does not mean that person will also buy skill. On top of that TBC is an era where a Blue geared skilled rogue could defeat a really well geared warrior and so on...

You may buy a BiS rogue/hunt and still be doin 1.2k DPS instead of pushing up to 2-3k.

On topic:

Am gucci with dis c: .
    Go on ICECROWN server, make a character and try arena without donationg, go ahead! You will not get past 1.8k rating, because everyone at that point have fully donated pvp gear+shadowmourne. And yes, getting BiS items with money is P2W. How stupid are you?

4. Anyway, Warmane, I had believed that I wouldn't come back here again, since there was nothing new you could offer me. All this time that I was gone, I was gone to vanilla and TBC servers. Trouble befell all of them, however, and I had lost hope for a quality vanilla/TBC server. This morning, when I woke up and saw the post on your fb page, my reaction was a loud "WHAT THE FK", with my mouth wide open. You can bet yo azzez I'll be coming back now, bros.
    Welcome back buddy.
    What would happen with queue skipping(if there is a queue at first place).Will it be like Lord or Icecrown?
    It would most likely be permanent queue skipping like on Icecrown. (Not 100%, subject to change.) If there's a queue, anyway.
    tbh, if u guys follow TBC scene, u would probably know there has been some action with HG and HF, ppl r investing time into lvling and then its wasted.. not every1 is fan of lvling on low rates, actually alot of ppl burned themselves out already after recent events.. so 5x is fine, specially when u consider that there might be 1-70 boost, on lower rates it could make huge gap between donators and non-dons. About profs not keeping up to lvl, cmon dude rlly? no1 is making u to change zone if u dont want to.. u can lvl your prof and move on...

ps. does Warmane has discord channel ?:) could any1 gimme it if yes:D
    This is our thoughts too, in addition to the popularity of Icecrown. We know it can get quite tiring leveling a thousand characters across 20 different servers.
    Also, we do not host a Discord server, but there are some community Discord servers out there.
    Are we going to get the WOD models and transmog on the BC realm?
    I don't personally know about transmog, but we are working on an optional client for WoD character models - just like our WotLK clients.
    Will it be a TBC realm on WotLK client, or a genuine TBC expansion realm?
    The client we're using will be 2.4.3. We have one available for download on the website already.
    TBC was a good expansion and the most played expansion by me.
    However, there were some very annoying stuff that I really hope they won't happen here:

(1) No dual Talent Specialization. If you could add that somehow, that would be great

(2) The grinding was awful, I remember wow was like a 2nd life back then, it used so much from my time, and that fighting for the elemental plateau. Lets hope this won't be the case if people will buy gold with coins.

(3) The VERY SLOW flying mount, I think it was 60% speed, it was so BORING to get from one location to another, it was like staying in traffic, some people would prefer to use ground mount instead. People were grinding for 5k gold just to stop this pain. If you could make it as it is in WOTLK.

Pretty please Warmane, do something about (1) and (3)!!! Make TBC great ... again!
    1. We probably won't make a Dual-Spec system. However, we are aware of the issues concerning the lack of this system and are considering some Quality of Life changes for it. (Subject to change, we haven't decided on anything here.)

2. There's a very good chance that the Elemental Plateau will be heavily contested regardless. It was the most farmed place across the board for players who wanted to craft things. I don't think that this will change.

3. It will very much likely remain as it was in TBC. Even with the slow flying mount, you are able to bypass terrain and ground-stranded gankers.

5. Go on ICECROWN server, make a character and try arena without donationg, go ahead! You will not get past 1.8k rating, because everyone at that point have fully donated pvp gear+shadowmourne. And yes, getting BiS items with money is P2W. How stupid are you?
    I would like to address this as a player, not as a staff member.

As someone who has personally reached 2.4K rating in the past without a single piece coming from any shop, this is just untrue. Many people don't donate. Getting gear is easy.

If you don't like the concept of the realm, there's Lordaeron which is on the same patch. If you don't enjoy it, we are not forcing you to play here.

As matter of fact, if you are just here to ruin everyone else's fun, your comments are unnecessary. Perhaps it's not something that suits you and that is okay, but it's working out for others. Either way, stop insulting other people's intellect and arguing that they are stupid, you're not making anyone even think of what you're saying with the way you're behaving.

Now I would like to address it as a staff member, I have to note that if your behaviour in this thread continues, you'll be merely removed from it. We are not a totalitarian regime, far from it, but we (both players and staff) do not have to tolerate your spiteful remarks.

Also, nobody is denying 'P2W' remarks. Some people can consider it as P2W, some may not. It's a personal thing, not something that is a clear label. I suggest watching TotalBiscuit's video on it, it provides a very interesting perspective.

6. To those asking questions, please feel free to give us suggestions and feedback. We have yet to even enter our PTR phase for the realm, so we're still discussing and debating internally how things will work out for the realm. This means most things are subject to change. Anything that is said on here, in replies to questions by me, that indicates that we haven't decided on how we're going to approach something - please take that with emphasis. It may change, it can change. We have to decide on the merits of a lot of these systems and decide if it's something we want to do, or not.
    Thank you for your patience and understanding.

7. I would love to play on a cata progressive realm is there any possibility of happening in the future ?

8. Could you please consider using 1x XP rates for Outland? I've seen this on other servers, so I know it's possible. Yes, I know this can also be bypassed by leveling in EPL, Silithus etc, but that's not the point.

Please?

9. Hi Mods/Staff,

Pretty weird, I'm unable to download torrents from website. When i select TBC expansion and select Window as my OS and click download, my utorrent client gets opened but that it. It just tries to keep on discovering, but no actual data is coming.

10. There's a lot of people asking is this april fools joke or not. Could you answer this question?

11. There's a lot of people asking is this april fools joke or not. Could you answer this question?
    It's definitely not a joke. Here's a screenshot from the test realm below.

Spoiler: Show

12. yep, totally agree with this. after all these years, icecrown's coin shop model has proved to be the most stable one. give me one other private server that has 10k+ pop and had stayed open for 5 years+.

on a side note, would rather have items for direct purchase instead doing shadowy transactions with GMs like other private servers.

13. Teh Biggest question....how long will be the PTR? I mean days/weeks/months?! Ok u dont know exactly how long but...around...

14. What I'm interested in, let's say you release this realm and after some time you release the 2.4.3. Once there's been like 1 year or so of 2.4.3, would it possible to transfer the characters over to a wotlk realm, to allow further progression?

First ... 6141516171826 ... Last