View Poll Results: Should we enable same-faction mercenary mode on our WoTLK realms?

Voters
4650. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

3,043 65.44%
  • No!

1,607 34.56%
  1. when im pvping i only see red bars of enemies, i dont care if enemy is ally or horde, this would be great, faster queues, more challenges, and see ur character with a different aspect should be so nice !!!

2. Please no! One of the cool things about pvp servers is that because you are killed when leveling you grow competitivity against the other faction. And this makes the pvp more intense, doing this destroys completely this mechanic and its also a nonsense for role-playing.

3. There will be no mixing of factions. This is just Alliance players fighting Alliance players while they're basically in a custome.
    So there will never be "Alliance Vs Horde+Alliance" but only "Alliance Vs Alliance" ?
    In this case I can already see how to abuse this system for easy "BG Achievements" by Alliance BG heroes players

4. So there will never be "Alliance Vs Horde+Alliance" but only "Alliance Vs Alliance" ?
    In this case I can already see how to abuse this system for easy "BG Achievements" by Alliance BG heroes players
    The way it works is that it's not very easy to get on opposing sides. Also, it's only meant as a measure when there's not enough players from Horde to fulfill the battlegrounds.

Of course, any abuse and manipulation of any system on Warmane ends in account termination. Players abusing anything, which we highly doubt at this time will be easily possible, will be also noticed easily we're frankly not very concerned now.

Please no! One of the cool things about pvp servers is that because you are killed when leveling you grow competitivity against the other faction. And this makes the pvp more intense, doing this destroys completely this mechanic and its also a nonsense for role-playing.
    Should read the thread again. You will have plenty of time to deal with the faction you dislike. This is just a system that enables you not to have long queues when there is not enough of Horde players.

5. So there will never be "Alliance Vs Horde+Alliance" but only "Alliance Vs Alliance" ?
    +1

With this feature the horde faction has no more sense to exist. Alliance vs alliance vs alliance....

All the YES votes atm on the poll are from wannabe human only, deal with it. This extreme custom stuff are gonna made the server and the reputation of warmane in a troll custom fun.

6. Wouldn't that mean that horde players have to wait longer in the BG queue?
    Lets say there are 20 allys and 10 hordys in the Bg queue:
    W/o mercenary mode 10 allys would be put against 10 hordys in Wsg while the other 10 allys have to wait in queue.
    With mercenary mode 10 allys would be put against 10 allys in Wsg while the 10 hordys have to wait in queue.

I have nothing against the idea per se but not at the cost of having longer queues on horde side.

7. Oh god no, let those human paladins and other clowns rot, if they had to roll special snowflake racial they can sit in queue for a while. Like might aswell we all roll human and remove horde from pvp completely.

8. +1

With this feature the horde faction has no more sense to exist. Alliance vs alliance vs alliance....

All the YES votes atm on the poll are from wannabe human only, deal with it. This extreme custom stuff are gonna made the server and the reputation of warmane in a troll custom fun.
    As written in the thread, we do not think that the faction will deteriorate by any means and we are also prepared and have some aces in our sleeve for faction imbalance further down the road which do not have custom implementations at all.

9. Would hate to be a tauren, but very nice idea !! Tumbs up

10. This is not fair pool at all. Only PvP players with 10+k HK or 2k+ Arena Rating should be allowed to vote. Why do you allow PvE players to create PvP destiny of server? Guys i repeat, i have experience with Mercenary mode - its completely trash!

11. Wouldn't that mean that horde players have to wait longer in the BG queue?
    W/o mercenary mode 10 allys would be put against 10 hordys in Wsg while the other 10 allys have to wait in queue.
    With mercenary mode 10 allys would be put against 10 allys in Wsg while the 10 hordys have to wait in queue.

I have nothing against the idea per se but not at the cost of having longer queues on horde side.
    No bro it will more likely be 15v10+5 arathi / eots

12. Oh so you wanna completely ruin warmane PVP system? I know some people who leaved this server because players from Lordaeron and Icecrown realm come to gering up in BG and they meet insta full PVP players from Blackrock realm...
    In my opinion make this system in Blackrock realm and please return previous PVP system in Icecrown realm...

Sorry for my english

13. Wouldn't that mean that horde players have to wait longer in the BG queue?

LOL 10 ally vs 10 ally....this is the most troll scenario ever....and what about the RPG side?! Do u rly want ignore the true essence of the roleplaying BG garrosh horde vs Varian knight for what? For a stupid queue? I'm still upset that u have rly think about a something of this without think about the consequences of this feature.

14. Wouldn't that mean that horde players have to wait longer in the BG queue?

No, because it prioritizes Horde players. They are unlikely to lose their privilege of instant queues without or with this system in any near future.

LOL 10 ally vs 10 ally....this is the most troll scenario ever....and what about the RPG side?! Do u rly want ignore the true essence of the roleplaying BG garrosh horde vs Varian knight for what? For a stupid queue? I'm still upset that u have rly think about a something of this without think about the consequences of this feature.
    Hence, the transformation. It should look genuine and proper. Keep in mind, that player you are fighting now on Horde, could have been Alliance just few minutes ago due to the existence of faction change.

Vanilla is the only place where faction identity means a lot. Unfortunately, in latter expansions although showed prominently in the story, it has received a setback in actual meaning.

As WoTLK is already the way it is, we can find ways around the way the scales are set or accept it. We think we should try to find a way around.

Of course, a lot of people have been ignoring that this is a poll and more like a final decision. Vote on the poll, voice your opinions and keep it polite. I will personally read every single post here.

First 12341252 ... Last