1. June 6, 2011  
    What are some good macros to use for Combat PVP? Also, What do i use adrenaline rush with?

ive rarely ever used any macros with any kind of spec as rogue, as well as UI addons & mods... i prefer to play the game as blizzard offers it to us...

the only macro that i use as a rogue is

#showtooltip
    /cast deadly throw
    /cast throw

u could also use the general

#showtooltip
    /cast vanish
    /stopattack

or focus macros for kick, sap, blind & TotT... your call
    --------------------------------------------------

Adrenaline Rush allows the Combat Rogue to absolutely unleash his/her imagination and use whatever combination of moves (s)he finds good. There is NO freaking move that you just have to use when you use AR, maybe except SS. AR allows you to spam SS, but it also allows you to pull off some freaking amazing quick combos which most players cant realize before theyre already dead. The problem about AR is that you have to have a Free Action potion and all your defensive CDs ready when you use it because everyone will try and CC you at that point.

In example you could do Vanish + Garrote + use AP trink (pop evasion & clos if Dk/pally) + 5cp Rup + 2cp SnD + 2cp EA + BF + SS spam + 5cpKidney + SS spam vs any plater and hell be dead in a matter of seconds... notice no KSpree used

@ Rarly: 40-45% is considered the soft-cap for ArP. its not a hard number and its not mandatory that you have 100% of ArP with procced trink, its just the way its accepted.

2. I would also like to ask all of you guys to report bugs that you encounter (like Eviscerate) on the Bug Tracker (not here) along with testing results & screenshots, so that the general perception of "combat is broken" finally gets washed away.

Thank you!

3. Well you got me tempted :D
    I always play sub, but hey I wanna try combat now just for the lulz.
    Anyway what would be good voting weapons? slowest dagger is 1.8 so I guess ill be looking for swords or maces... any tips?
    If you're human, pick swords, if you're an orc - axes, reason: racial bonuses. If you're any other race it doesn't matter which of those 2 are you going to pick. Yes, they are the best choice, because an extra hit is ALWAYS better than a crit. Arguably, you could also pick Maces for even higher ArP.

P.S. Why am I still not getting this as a sticky? QQ I thought this is all helpful information that every rogue curious about Combat PvP should know and the replies confirm it so far =/

Cheaptrix
    Don't worry about the sticky. You have done an excellent job so far. Keep it up.

Been playing combat myself recently and I've made it my offspec.:cool:

About Evic: It is in the bug tracker and they say its scaling is wrong..Molten Community Forums

5. though im TERRIBLY tired at 1am after getting 5hrs of sleep for a week long and with a headache... im going to do this work, which you couldve done by yourself too

peace ^^

Cheaptrix
    Honestly combat is so fun for duels, I've been having a lot of fun with it.

Just cant really beat a good mage,hunt or lock.

7. noting that the video was stripped off its sound... copyright bullsh1t

8. killing spree hitting companions?? or izzit just my unlucky day??

Fanged
    Gotta <3 combat, love it when people go wtf after I roflpwn them with killing spree (specially plates). btw thanks for the tips taralej ^.^

genebart
    What poisons are recommended for pvp with your suggested talent build?

Not talking about a duel where you can tailor the poisons for the specific class you will encounter - but instead for a BG or arena where your opponent might be anything at any time.

Cheaptrix
    What poisons are recommended for pvp with your suggested talent build?

Not talking about a duel where you can tailor the poisons for the specific class you will encounter - but instead for a BG or arena where your opponent might be anything at any time.
    I would go with wound on MH and cripple on OH for BGs.

12. July 1, 2011  
    Artoodetoo
    1400 ArP rating

TauHunter
    talent build...epic

14. talent build...epic
    As I said in the Guide, it's a general Combat PvP build. It's my favorite & the one I'm using as Combat PvP & I have provided solid arguments as to why. Of course, as I mentioned that too, the build is susceptible to individual changes, since we are talking about PvP and there are no set rules in PvP building, gearing, enchanting & playstyle... which is exactly what I like about it. Another combination of talents & glyphs might just work better & suit you better.

Peace^^

Edit: make sure to have read P.6 of the "Some tips" section - it provides insight on how to customize your build. Also, make sure to read the "FAQ" section at the bottom of the Guide - it provides insight on how NOT to customize your build.

thanks...

First 12345 ... Last