1. May 3, 2021  

One vs two melee weapons for BGs

I intend to gear a full or almost full pve hunter for bg heroing and I'm wondering about weapons. Options are oathbinder, two havocs, or two wrathfuls.

I know about titanium chain and how it is necessary to have at least one weapon for deterrence. I also know the difference between oathbinder and two havocs is that with the former I get arpen but with the latter I get haste, and that haste is not as useful. So I guess that with two havocs I could put a dps enchant on one and then titanium chain on the other. And that the alternative is oathbinder with titanium chain on it or go full yolo and put a dps enchant on it.

As you can see I'm not too drawn to wrathfuls.

What do you guys think?

2. May 3, 2021  
    go for oathbinder and use titanium weapon chain

3. May 3, 2021  
    Thanks for your response but I would like you to elaborate if you can.

4. May 5, 2021  
    I'd go with oathbinder and massacre enchant.
    2hander has better stats than DW and you don't need titanium weapon chain as a BG hero.
    Since you wanna go full PvE your goal is probably to deal maximum dmg and not competitive PvP. That speaks also for massacre over weapon chain.

5. May 5, 2021  
    Reason why you go for 2 one-hand weapons as hunt is to have titanium chain on off-hand and thus keep your weapon up for Deterance after disarm

6. May 5, 2021  
    using both is fine, 2h = u cant det if disarmed, 2x 1h =- u can still det when disarmed, (as long as the disarm is Main Hand only and not dropping both weapons)
    depends on the disarm used

7. May 6, 2021  
    Excerpt from my comment in the other post about hunter specs in bgs regarding weapon choice:

The 2 1 handers is only usefull in niche situations. It allows you to use Deterrence during the following disarms: MM Hunter, Hunter bird pet that has the ability Snatch, Shadow Priest, Fire Mage, Warrior. The former two will barely ever be used on you as they don't also disarm your range weapon. It is barely usefull against Shadow Priests as you are stunned anyway for 3/5 of the duration of the disarm. Fire Mage could actually really be a good situation to have 2 1 handers. Warriors always use their disarm defensively. So when they do that you won't have to use Deterrence anyway. The only exception are prot warriors as they use their disarm offensively as the target they disarm takes 10% increased damage. You can see me wear 2 1 handers in the last WIT ll while playing against the ATC. Warrior disarmed me and i deterrenced to avoid damage during it. But this barely ever happens in a bg as there are barely ever any prot warriors. As the careful reader might have noticed I have not listed Rogues. Their disarm takes all your weapons away. Whether you have 2 1 handers or just a 2 hander doesn't matter. Yet what does matter is that this is the most dangerous disarm for hunters. Conclusion: I go with a 2h on a regular basis as Oathbinder provides the best stats and the 2 1 handers don't help me in most situations.