1. Sargeras population

3v3 is almost dead, 2s dead beyond the 2k and you end up with 10 mins queues against lower players, honestly it's just pathetic right now.

Opening the transfers was a good move but in what world will people pay coins/points to move from a more populated server to a lower one ?

Bottom line is, something needs to be done. a merger maybe.

2. Merge isnt a solution since one big realm would causes lag spike and crashes.
    CBL would fix that problem but still no ETA on that .or soon ™
    And dont worry we on frostwolf have the same problem. arenas 3s are just dead.

3. Opening the transfers was a good move but in what world will people pay coins/points to move from a more populated server to a lower one ?
    Bottom line is, something needs to be done.
    Gotta agree, I thought that the transfers(Frostwolf>Sargeras) would be free. That would be more effective. Hence the thoughts haha

4. Gotta agree, I thought that the transfers(Frostwolf>Sargeras) would be free. That would be more effective. Hence the thoughts haha
    But dude, that will just kill off Sargs, our server?

Why not people just balance it out, have toons on both sides? Plus the pop does NOT bother ANYONE on sargs, if it does, what are you smoking xD.
    FW has pop, but Sargs as a great community, guilds even.

In the end, both FW and Sargs have people who were from Stormstout.

5. But dude, that will just kill off Sargs, our server?

Why not people just balance it out, have toons on both sides? Plus the pop does NOT bother ANYONE on sargs, if it does, what are you smoking xD.
    FW has pop, but Sargs as a great community, guilds even.

In the end, both FW and Sargs have people who were from Stormstout.
    I agree with this ^^

I also have to mention that world pvp in Sargeras is far more superior than that of Frostwolf's

6. But dude, that will just kill off Sargs, our server?
    I think you misunderstood me.
    I thought that transfers from Frostwolf to(>) Sargeras were free. Only from Frostwolf to Sargeras, not the other way around. And that would make perfect sense since Frostwolf is full and Sargeras has low pop.

7. The sad truth is Sargeras needs many more players. No body doing pve, not much pvp. World pvp is a joke. There is still a little time for ppl who are taking their time to level up their toons where it is nice to have less questing competition, but soon it'll be go time and if the server is dead like it is now, everyone will get bored and leave.

Even bigger is the problem that there are way more alliance than horde. So anyone posting here that is Alliance and thinks the server is just fine right now, stop and think for a moment. It seems fine for you, but the horde have no pve, and not many want to pvp with the imbalance. This means at some point many horde will just leave. Then how will it feel playing alliance, with pretty much no horde?

So, the specific problems and suggested solutions:
    Problem #1: Horde to Alliance ratio very imbalanced.
    Problem #2: Not enough players on Sargeras (3x more actives needed)

Suggested solutions that address both:
    1.) Allow FREE transfers from the other MoP server to Sargeras.
    2.) Temporarily close allowing new accounts to start on the other MoP server.
    3.) Allow FREE transfers from the older zones (wotlk/cata) to MoP. Horde side ONLY until balance is restored. I know there are issues here, like how can we make an automated script to do this properly, and how do we allow horde only w/o causing imbalance on the older zones. It is simple. When someone wants to move from older zones this happens:
    - For each max level character on your current zone you will get one character of same level on Sargeras. You have to create the characters, then use the free level ups given to you on the market place. Only works for max level chars. The same thing works for maxed professions. Find them on the marketplace. Either your gold can come with you, or each level-up will have a fixed amount of starter gold. There, simple. And the mechanisms are similar to what they already had working when servers were rebuilt. This means Alliance AND Horde can come over from the older servers, but the new characters on Sargeras need to be Horde until balance is restored. It won't produce imbalance on old servers and is fair to all who want to upgrade to MoP.

8. Free transfers to Sargeras should help, but the #2 would just harass others for no reason.
    Horde only? Keep in mind that even Frostwolf being full has lower Horde population. Heck even other realms have that problem : /

9. Also the no gold policy, why would anyone wipe out his gold leave his guild/friends AND pay for it, only to move to a lower populated server, there simply isn't any incentives to do the move, i only see detractors.

10. Free transfers to Sargeras should help, but the #2 would just harass others for no reason.
    Horde only? Keep in mind that even Frostwolf being full has lower Horde population. Heck even other realms have that problem : /
    #2 only affects new accounts, not existing ones. People playing there can still create new characters. And if its an issue, existing players could maybe invite friends, like an invitation only type thing.
    More alliance than horde is normal, but WAY WAY more alliance than horde, results in a dead server.

11. Also the no gold policy, why would anyone wipe out his gold leave his guild/friends AND pay for it, only to move to a lower populated server, there simply isn't any incentives to do the move, i only see detractors.
    I didn't suggest a no-gold policy. I suggested an option to either have gold reimbursed (brought with you) or to make it easy for devs scripting have a fixed amount of gold on each free levelup. It could be 10k per char or something big, but scripting would be a tish easier. Obviously preferred would be to bring the exact amount of gold with you.

12. I didn't suggest a no-gold policy. I suggested an option to either have gold reimbursed (brought with you) or to make it easy for devs scripting have a fixed amount of gold on each free levelup. It could be 10k per char or something big, but scripting would be a tish easier. Obviously preferred would be to bring the exact amount of gold with you.
    i wasn't addressing your post.

13. I think just fixing server rates to what they were pre-wipe would help.

Make Sargeras x10 rate, and Frostwolf x3. Then make Sargeras to Frostwolf transfers free, and you will see significant population balance occurring.

14. I think just fixing server rates to what they were pre-wipe would help.

Make Sargeras x10 rate, and Frostwolf x3. Then make Sargeras to Frostwolf transfers free, and you will see significant population balance occurring.
    You might be right, but never ever under any circumstance should players have to be forced to stay on a server if the rates have changed since when they started playing on there. It should never happen, on any game server, from now to the end of time that a game server changes rates and expects existing players to accept the change. They did it once before and many ppl including myself left for many months because of it, and deliberately decided skip a few donations as a protest. However, that doesn't completely invalidate your suggestion. Because you could make Sargeras the only server with user selectable rates. Between 1x to 10x, each player can move the rates around as he/she sees fit. The gain here would be sargeras would be the only server to do it (initially until its the same size as other servers), thus gaining a bigger share of the new players.

15. You might be right, but never ever under any circumstance should players have to be forced to stay on a server if the rates have changed since when they started playing on there. It should never happen, on any game server, from now to the end of time that a game server changes rates and expects existing players to accept the change. They did it once before and many ppl including myself left for many months because of it, and deliberately decided skip a few donations as a protest. However, that doesn't completely invalidate your suggestion. Because you could make Sargeras the only server with user selectable rates. Between 1x to 10x, each player can move the rates around as he/she sees fit. The gain here would be sargeras would be the only server to do it (initially until its the same size as other servers), thus gaining a bigger share of the new players.
    But we've been told to expect rates to change eventually...

12 Last