View Poll Results: Should we enable same-faction mercenary mode on our WoTLK realms?

Voters
4650. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

3,043 65.44%
  • No!

1,607 34.56%
  1. Could you please be more specific how exactly are they ruining it? Alliance faction is already suffering enough from long queues while this mercenary mode can solve the issue. It will bring something fresh and new to the table which will be appreciated by most.
    but alliance faction have to suffer!!! u went easy way and choosed better racials for pvp! this is the way it's always been and it have to be like this!15min que time is not even a lot.

2. Not all Allies are humans.

I find this a good decision even tho I'm horde player.

3. Is this jocking? If i would wanted to play with animal races, i would roll with horde side. I like my character appearance and i like to play on ally side with blue banners. Who cares Hordes? I choosed exactly "NO"

4. Is this jocking? If i would wanted to play with animal races, i would roll with horde side. I like my character appearance and i like to play on ally side with blue banners. Who cares Hordes? I choosed exactly "NO"
    #1. It's an optional feature.
    #2. Alliance players would NOT get mixed into Horde teams.

5. but alliance faction have to suffer!!! u went easy way and choosed better racials for pvp! this is the way it's always been and it have to be like this!15min que time is not even a lot.
    I wouldn't say racials are the main reason why people have chosen our faction but if you deserve to join battlegrounds instantly, we do too!

6. It sounds good as a horde player, but it needs to be optional or with a reward, if people is forced to play horde when they don't want to, even if is just because a pity roleplay excuse as "muh lion pride", they will just leave queue or just make it a more hazardous than chenobyl experience for both sides. There is also the possibility of exploiding RBGS and make them real honor farms by throwing the game and causing those well known GY campings having two different alliance premades, because alliances don't like to play premades as we all know :^)

7. Pretty much more than half of the people complaining are using "I don't want to play with Horde/Alliance," which shows so many haven't even really read what the original post says. Horde won't be affected at all. No one will "play with <insert inane insult followed by a faction name>." All that will happen is, if there are too many Alliances queued and creating a long wait, half of them will "dress up" as Horde and fight against the other half in a match, since Horde doesn't has problems with queue time.

8. "Hey there, I have so many characters ingame, and all of them are Alliance characters. If same-faction mercenary mode gonna enable, i will really leave the server and i do not wanna play anymore with this situation.

9. which is good if it starts a 10 vs 10 BG, but what will happen to the other spots? still alliance vs alliance?

10. which is good if it starts a 10 vs 10 BG, but what will happen to the other spots? still alliance vs alliance?
    No, the priority will remain for Alliance vs. Horde. This would take place only if there are too many in queue on the Alliance side, waiting because all the queued Hordes are already in matches.

11. People complaining about the RPG mechanic on a private server. That is quite laughable as a pathetic excuse to not want something that helps alliance players.

Last I knew, things only die once, so how are you killing the Lich King (or other bosses) over and over again? There is so many holes in the argument "BuT MaH RpG!1!!!1"

PS: If I recall even Blizzard has a "Mercenary Mode" at least when I played during WoD.

12. People complaining about the RPG mechanic on a private server. That is quite laughable as a pathetic excuse to not want something that helps alliance players.

Last I knew, things only die once, so how are you killing the Lich King (or other bosses) over and over again? There is so many holes in the argument "BuT MaH RpG!1!!!1"

PS: If I recall even Blizzard has a "Mercenary Mode" at least when I played during WoD.
    Horde not wanting something that helps alliance members is because of 2 facts

1. Horde pvp population is small and if allies get acceptable Q then over 50% will just transfer to alliance making it even smaller

2: Allies win almost everything that can be won PVP wise, as mentioned by some member at least 3 times more honor, double the number of scrolls etc, so long Qs were the last hope that some players might transfer and even it out - now Alliance will just dominate so hard that it won't matter anymore, Horde just get the shorter end of the stick here

13. I personally am not sure, on the face of it its a positive change, it allows for the queue system to work even with heavy faction imbalance. Faster queues for everyone.

However, the faction system as many have pointed out (in a horrible fashion) is sort of self correcting in terms of pvp. If there is no horde there are no BGs. And if you take that away from the equation alongside the human racial it very well could lead that no one even semi-interested in pvp is ever going Horde, i mean why should they? You will get queues on both sides after all. And human > any other race for most DPS races.

So the horde pvp side might very well die out due to this. So i remain unconvinced.

If you are running custom changes anyways, why not simply make it more appealing to PVP as Horde? Double AP/Honour gain for Horde and lower the rating requirement for their gear (and make shoulders obtainable in 2s) alongside free faction change to horde for a few weeks and you will have a massive increase of Horde pvpers which would fix the issue too, without potentially killing a already weakened pvp state of one faction completely.

14. NOOO!
    I searched for and i found one great server which didn't mercenary mode active. That's the WORS thing you can to do! When you will looking for some statistic, you will find, that main problem of mercenary mode is: player closing & end-game too fast / much / many players.
    Me as leader of guild may to speak on behalf of whole guild and you all have to know, Alliance VS Horde is surpassing and will never be replaced by something like DEMO-BGs with mercenary mode.
    I was on much servers and allways was mercenary flop for many players (nothing new) but when you must active it because of votes PLEASE do NOT DO it on Lordaeron, which works blizzlike!!!
    Hope never activate it here ;)

15. As long as you can enable or disable it, definitely.

First ... 891011122060 ... Last