1. stop using the word hardcore

we have this word in the banner only for make hype and attract ppl.
    wow was never an hardcore mmorpg, not even in vanilla. was one of the most easy mmorpg back in the days.
    check daoc, eve online and in some way lineage2 if you want to see what was hardcore.
    if you think you are an hardcore player is fine, just stop use this word in every post on this forum, is stupid.

2. Hardcore ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Lordaeron will be a hardcore realm compared to the high rate fun servers, where you can get to max lvl in no time and start raiding ICC after a dozen PoS farms. It's more about the time that people will need to spend in the game to achieve anything.
    Also there's nothing wrong with building up the hype, it's not like people don't know how "hard" WotLK was on retail... IDK what your problem is xD

3. How bored do u have to be to react like this? Also how is lineage hardcore? You just grind.

4. we have this word in the banner only for make hype and attract ppl.
    wow was never an hardcore mmorpg, not even in vanilla. was one of the most easy mmorpg back in the days.
    check daoc, eve online and in some way lineage2 if you want to see what was hardcore.
    if you think you are an hardcore player is fine, just stop use this word in every post on this forum, is stupid.
    Eve Online aint even that much hardcore as people think

5. Nothing wrong with using the word hardcore.

This will be "hardcore" in comparison to the other servers, as it will take more effort to get to your end goal.

6. Its hardcore to use the word hardcore

7. Hardcore ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Lordaeron will be a hardcore realm compared to the high rate fun servers, where you can get to max lvl in no time and start raiding ICC after a dozen PoS farms. It's more about the time that people will need to spend in the game to achieve anything.
    Also there's nothing wrong with building up the hype, it's not like people don't know how "hard" WotLK was on retail... IDK what your problem is xD
    Nothing wrong with using the word hardcore.

This will be "hardcore" in comparison to the other servers, as it will take more effort to get to your end goal.
    i didn't said i have problems building the hype, is stupid how the ppl spam this word for everything.
    and that the point, we have custom, high rates, istant, fun servers. lordaeron is just a normal low rate 1x server.

How bored do u have to be to react like this? Also how is lineage hardcore? You just grind.
    i said l2 was hardcore in some way, for ex: you lose exp when dying, in this way you can lose levels. open world pvp/pk, no factions, no instances for raids, you had to fight for everything. you can drop your gear when dying.

8. i didn't said i have problems building the hype, is stupid how the ppl spam this word for everything.
    and that the point, we have custom, high rates, istant, fun servers. lordaeron is just a normal low rate 1x server.

i said l2 was hardcore in some way, for ex: you lose exp when dying, in this way you can lose levels. open world pvp/pk, no factions, no instances for raids, you had to fight for everything. you can drop your gear when dying
    Maybe you played many, many, many years ago. That's not like that since Kamael update (2008).

9. Not sure about today, but back in the day some of the guilds around were definitely pretty hardcore. Not just in terms of hours but intensity. But then again, the word "hardcore" is kind of relative and at the end of the day is designed attract more serious players.

10. Maybe you played many, many, many years ago. That's not like that since Kamael update (2008).
    yes that was in c4, from c5 you was able to drop your gear only if red with 6+ pk count.

Not sure about today, but back in the day some of the guilds around were definitely pretty hardcore. Not just in terms of hours but intensity. But then again, the word "hardcore" is kind of relative and at the end of the day is designed attract more serious players.
    yes, as i said is fine if someone consider himself harcore, im not judging the players.
    Edited: July 15, 2015

11. wow was never an hardcore mmorpg, not even in vanilla. was one of the most easy mmorpg back in the days.
    Back in the days? As in Cata?
    Because I know from classic and I've heared from TBC and most of Wotlk (and the first releases of firelands in cataclysm) that WoW was not easy.

12. Back in the days? As in Cata?
    Because I know from classic and I've heared from TBC and most of Wotlk (and the first releases of firelands in cataclysm) that WoW was not easy.
    vanilla, tbc, wotlk pre rdf, pick what you want. wow was not easy compared to what?

13. vanilla, tbc, wotlk pre rdf, pick what you want. wow was not easy compared to what?
    That is true. Some content in wow is not easy in general but compared to some other games its easy.

Its all about context. Wow can be really hard for some people even if its a farily easy game compared to some other games.

But if we are going to compare things you can easily say that this server will be VERY hardcore compared to all other servers on warmane.

Same thing when it comes to people. To some wow might be hardcore in general and to other it is a lame and way to easy game.
    Just because YOU dont find a specific game/server or anything else to be not hardcore. it does not mean that others cant find the exact same thing to be hardcore.

Telling people not to use hardcore because you dont think it is hardcore is pretty much same as telling them that its YOU that decide what is hardcore and if they dont agree with you then they are wrong.

You cant decide whats hardcore for other people.

14. That is true. Some content in wow is not easy in general but compared to some other games its easy.

Its all about context. Wow can be really hard for some people even if its a farily easy game compared to some other games.

But if we are going to compare things you can easily say that this server will be VERY hardcore compared to all other servers on warmane.

Same thing when it comes to people. To some wow might be hardcore in general and to other it is a lame and way to easy game.
    Just because YOU dont find a specific game/server or anything else to be not hardcore. it does not mean that others cant find the exact same thing to be hardcore.

Telling people not to use hardcore because you dont think it is hardcore is pretty much same as telling them that its YOU that decide what is hardcore and if they dont agree with you then they are wrong.

You cant decide whats hardcore for other people.
    i agree and maybe i was a bit rude in my OP but the word is used very improperly in a lot of posts and after some time this pissed me off.
    many of these ppl never tried others mmorpgs except wow, so how can they define something without a comparision?
    is like say a prius is a fast car without ever see or tried a ferrari.

15. Back in the days? As in Cata?
    The only hard raid in WotLK was Ulduar, which doesn't even work here. Vanilla was super easy and each of the 40-man raids could be done with half of the people, as long as they knew what they were doing - and most people didn't. Now if we're gonna talk about hardcore, I'd say TBC raids and especially some heroics (Shattered Halls, oh dear god) were hardcore. Just go and try some Vanilla or TBC server and you'll see. You'll see that vanilla is actually not that hard at all, you'll see that you can't clear a TBC Hc in 15min as you can on WotLK. After WotLK I can't really say - nothing was hard for me on Cata, but it was fun at least. I don't play MoP.

Lordaeron being hardcore? Why? Just because it's gonna be 1x? This just means 2 more weeks needed to level, from which point it will be absolutely identical in terms of gearing up - farm the 90% unscripted PoS, farm RDF, reach 4.8k, farm ToGC and VoA, then farm ICC - I don't see any difference or anything hardcore here...
    Edited: July 18, 2015

12 Last