1. May 14, 2021  

To Tank or not to Tank, That is the Question

Hello.

I am currently playing a prot-war, but from I have seen in my past experience in another server, players usually prefer pallis for tanks.

So in your opinions, should I dualspec and main a fury-war or could I still get into raids as a prot-war.

Thanks in advance.

2. May 14, 2021  
    People will treat you worse than covid as prot warrior.

3. May 14, 2021  
    Prot works when you raid with people with whom you have rep. They know you can utilize all tools properly, everyone knows what to do, no problems.
    If you are thinking of pugging or torturing yourself some other ways - nop, unless you are into that.

4. May 14, 2021  
    People will treat you worse than covid as prot warrior.
    That is odly specific.
    So you have been treated that way, or treated prot-wars that way.

5. May 14, 2021  
    Prot works when you raid with people with whom you have rep. They know you can utilize all tools properly, everyone knows what to do, no problems.
    If you are thinking of pugging or torturing yourself some other ways - nop, unless you are into that.
    I guess I will go with fury then. Hard to get rep with a community as big as Icecrown's.

Thanks.

6. May 15, 2021  
    Id rather inv a lvl 49pala than a war tank. Hope that helps

7. May 15, 2021  
    Id rather inv a lvl 49pala than a war tank. Hope that helps
    Not really.

But hey, if exagerating your dislike for another player's choice, makes you feel better, you do you boo.
    Edited: May 15, 2021

8. May 15, 2021  
    Ill play attack power resto shaman dps in your raid, don't hate my choice i just wanna have fun.

Are u mentally disabled ? I'm hating the spec cause its dog****, not because i care about you or your choice.

9. May 16, 2021  
    It's not hard to understand this hateful attitude towards prot warriors. Last year, someone was curious to know why brown tanks get mistreated by the playerbase, and some posters explained the reasons in full detail. You can check their reponses here:

http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=428444

Honestly, back on Frostmourne I've played alongside a very skillful prot warrior, who knew boss tactics and how to play his class well. In the following video, you can see how another brown player tanked LoD:

So, admittedly, playing as a brown tank doesn't mean that the person is bad in the videio game. But in some cases, such comps might not be optimal and could require extra attention from the healers, in order to ensure the tank's safety. People don't want to risk with bunch of strangers or be burdened during boss encounters, and thus they prefer their progression raids to go as smooth as possible. This reinforces the hate towards brown tanks. It's unfortunate, but that's a deisgn flaw by Blizzard devs coupled with the min-max culture - they gave some classes more benefits than others, which led to more narrow comps. This isn't present only on wotlk. In Vanilla/Classic, warriors were/are the best in dps, while druids were/are the laughing stock.
    Edited: May 16, 2021

10. May 16, 2021  
    Unfortunately Warrior is bottom of the pile when it comes to tanking. Others simply bring way more to the table. However. If you find a guild that is pretty much finished with progression I'm sure they'd take you. Hope this helps.

11. May 21, 2021  
    It's not hard to understand this hateful attitude towards prot warriors. Last year, someone was curious to know why brown tanks get mistreated by the playerbase, and some posters explained the reasons in full detail. You can check their reponses here:

http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=428444

Honestly, back on Frostmourne I've played alongside a very skillful prot warrior, who knew boss tactics and how to play his class well. In the following video, you can see how another brown player tanked LoD:

So, admittedly, playing as a brown tank doesn't mean that the person is bad in the videio game. But in some cases, such comps might not be optimal and could require extra attention from the healers, in order to ensure the tank's safety. People don't want to risk with bunch of strangers or be burdened during boss encounters, and thus they prefer their progression raids to go as smooth as possible. This reinforces the hate towards brown tanks. It's unfortunate, but that's a deisgn flaw by Blizzard devs coupled with the min-max culture - they gave some classes more benefits than others, which led to more narrow comps. This isn't present only on wotlk. In Vanilla/Classic, warriors were/are the best in dps, while druids were/are the laughing stock.

I imagined as much. Pallis being able to heal makes them better I got that as much.

Dunno what Dks do as tank, never really looked up the class but from my perspective, they are rare.

12. May 21, 2021  
    Unfortunately Warrior is bottom of the pile when it comes to tanking. Others simply bring way more to the table. However. If you find a guild that is pretty much finished with progression I'm sure they'd take you. Hope this helps.
    The problem with finding a guild is that the active ones ask for gs of 5, 5.2+, which is a big problem for me as of now, because I'm, 4.5 which is the where the gap is at.

Still, I allready got some armor pieces from the AU, I just need to do some RDFs to get the some of the EoT gear in the mean time and practice with the specs.

Thanks anyways for the input.

13. May 22, 2021  
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=374974

Take a look over this thread. Take it with a grain of salt, a lot of people like pushing their opinions without backing them up.

14. May 22, 2021  

Take a look over this thread. Take it with a grain of salt, a lot of people like pushing their opinions without backing them up.
    Taken from the same thread:

u CAN tank with Warriors and do it successfully, noone is saying otherwise, hell there are people doing that constantly, BUT, Having a DK Main Tank with a Paladin offtank is the best choice for Lich King tanking, or any other hard hitting boss, and there is nothing u can say to prove that wrong.

People arguing that warrior is "bad" are not saying that warrior is completely useless and that u cant tank LK or any other boss with it.
    Ofc u can.
    Is it the best choice? Ofc not.

15. May 23, 2021  

I read that thread before creating mine, actually. But, since it was from 2018 I wanted to get a more fresh opinion.

Honestly, most of their opinions are fine, if not a little disheartening. But, hating on stuff in the internet are some people's kink so not much I can do about it.

TBH my favorite Spec is Arms, but I don't really like PvP that much, and since I'm depending on other players to Raid I'm, left with little to no option, without the experience being a pain.

Thanks for the share.

12 Last