1. May 31, 2018  

Starting Up

Hey all, newbie here just starting up. Not a stranger to WoW, played since vanilla back in the day but just really wanted to play on WOTLK again. I started up on here and noticed that the EXP is higher, which is fine over all. That being said, the character leveling will be a bit skewed, gear wise and gold wise.

Right now I am level 12, have like 1 item that has +Int. While that isn't entirely abnormal, what are some of the best ways to start up on this server? Little tips and tricks maybe. Not looking for a hand out or anything like that. Just looking for a push in the right direction. If I keep moving with my level I will quickly become undergeared and get murdered.

2. May 31, 2018  
    Pick up skinning and either herbalism or mining. Those professions can net you gold to pay for skills. As for gear, not much you can do. Buying gear is pointless since you level so quickly. Depending on your class maybe you could level up the profession that matches your harvesting profession to get a little gear. Other than that just power through to 80

3. June 1, 2018  
    Fantastic, thanks. I grabbed tailoring just because I figure I can at least make something for myself with all the cloth drops. Probably going to grab enchanting to pair with it.

4. June 1, 2018  
    Yeah, prof that makes gear you use is real good boost.

Que in dungeon finder, do quests meanwhile or farm some ores, etc. You can get Rares that will last 20-30 levels on you.

5. June 2, 2018  
    Yeah, prof that makes gear you use is real good boost.

Que in dungeon finder, do quests meanwhile or farm some ores, etc. You can get Rares that will last 20-30 levels on you.
    I thought nobody queued RDF at low levels

6. June 3, 2018  
    I thought nobody queued RDF at low levels
    They do, queues just take a while. They pop faster if you're a healer or tank. Past two characters I leveled I used RDF to get from 40-60. Didnt take very long at all. Thing is to keep questing while you sit in queue, to maximize the effort.

7. June 4, 2018  
    I only had one group so far that was competent enough to complete an RDF, and that was WC and when we got to the last boss(after an hour) we couldn't even kill it because the druid dude just stood there workin his magic and bugged out.

Sooooo... Yeah. Rdf is out.

8. June 5, 2018  
    Honestly, if you want to experience WOLTK leveling play Lord, on icecrown just focus on rushing to 80. Pick up a gathering profession for gold, or beg for it (be polite, ask for a little gold for riding/skills and use proper sentences and dont whisper or spam people, and stop once you have level 20 riding), to get the mandetory skills and riding. Dont learn all skills just the ones you need.

You will have pretty much 0 gear all the way to 58, but depending on your class that shouldnt be an issue. Try to grab quests that give gear but dont worry to much about it, you generally outscale leveling areas super fast so just your higher level makes it easy (and leveling is super easy anyways). And get drinks/food. You can do RDF but its way slower then leveling, but once you are 25 or so its much easier then it was at 15 (because the first levels go so fast you have 0 gear, and the tanks have 0 armour and healer dont regen mana so its a total pita, which gets a lot easier later on). I usually dont bother unless im bored with questing.

Its woltk so it gets a lot easier once your spec start to function which is usually at around 40 or so. And even before, yes you will have to eat/drink after every second mob for some classes, but since one quest equals one level it still goes fast.

50-58 is a bit tricky as you need to get going but after you reach outland it becomes super easy as suddenly you actually get level appropriate gear at every corner.

Dont go to svt/tanaris/ungoror as you will get ganked to much.

If you cant get flying dont despair, just quest all the way to 80 on the ground, gold will come the second you hit 80, one finished quest = 50 gold. Which is also why imo asking for some gold is more then fine at the start, 10 gold mean a lot to a beginning player and its 1/5th of a quest for a lvl 80. If you dont like handouts add whoever gave you gold as a friend and pay it back tenfold once you reach 80. Gold is by far the biggest hurdle to overcome at the start.

9. June 9, 2018  
    Honestly, if you want to experience WOLTK leveling play Lord, on icecrown just focus on rushing to 80. Pick up a gathering profession for gold, or beg for it (be polite, ask for a little gold for riding/skills and use proper sentences and dont whisper or spam people, and stop once you have level 20 riding), to get the mandetory skills and riding. Dont learn all skills just the ones you need.

You will have pretty much 0 gear all the way to 58, but depending on your class that shouldnt be an issue. Try to grab quests that give gear but dont worry to much about it, you generally outscale leveling areas super fast so just your higher level makes it easy (and leveling is super easy anyways). And get drinks/food. You can do RDF but its way slower then leveling, but once you are 25 or so its much easier then it was at 15 (because the first levels go so fast you have 0 gear, and the tanks have 0 armour and healer dont regen mana so its a total pita, which gets a lot easier later on). I usually dont bother unless im bored with questing.

Its woltk so it gets a lot easier once your spec start to function which is usually at around 40 or so. And even before, yes you will have to eat/drink after every second mob for some classes, but since one quest equals one level it still goes fast.

50-58 is a bit tricky as you need to get going but after you reach outland it becomes super easy as suddenly you actually get level appropriate gear at every corner.

Dont go to svt/tanaris/ungoror as you will get ganked to much.

If you cant get flying dont despair, just quest all the way to 80 on the ground, gold will come the second you hit 80, one finished quest = 50 gold. Which is also why imo asking for some gold is more then fine at the start, 10 gold mean a lot to a beginning player and its 1/5th of a quest for a lvl 80. If you dont like handouts add whoever gave you gold as a friend and pay it back tenfold once you reach 80. Gold is by far the biggest hurdle to overcome at the start.
    Great answer