1. Guys ur to stu*id to understand even with gold squish price on ah will go 50% cheaper and why u still crying about gold who gives fck about your donation instead to find gf and go on dinner with her ur spending money on the game and what player are u if u spend money on coins ?

If 100k gold cost 32 coins after gold squish 50k gold will cost 32 coins and this server is full of sheeps whos buying gold for coins ;)
    First of all, use whole and complete words given to us in the English dictionary and MAYBE, someone will understand everything that you said. Or are you "too stu*id" for something like that? Second of all, most of the prices already went 50% up, so if after they come down 50% again, they'll just be the same as they were before the gold squish. Doesn't take a genius to see what happened previous years and that nothing changes, other than in those 2 months, where everyone goes wild on AH.

They say they do this for new players, like make it easier for them to afford stuff. Got a news flash for you; new players shouldn't be able to afford stuff, especially not the same stuff some of us "worked" a while to get. Just point them in the direction of the coin shop, ain't THAT the whole point of this gold squish?

2. Yeah thanks for telling us that In-game (like in the red posts when some1 being banned) so we, ****ing *****s, wouldn't buy gold for coin BEFORE the squish. Who the **** cares about the site at all if its not necessary? Jesus guys... Its ****ed up.

3. So ...whats the point of having gold then?
    Delete everything what considers using gold .
    Players are having big time farming to have gold and you squish it every year.
    Do it atleast every 2 years

4. i sold items which i farmed hard , to get halfed after 1 month thx Warmane .... this squish is just bull****t, then give us coins if u take our gold

5. There's other ways of dummping gold from inflated server, lottery for money with reasonable prizes, or maybe even a store for vannity items or somthing to spend gold on. Not just to cut 50% from all. or even so, to do it every 2 or 3 years, not every.

6. THIS IS RIDICULOUS EVERY YEAR. TAKING BACK WHAT IS EARNED. VERY FRUSTRATING.

So what is the point of saving gold for? Some of us are big guys, have work and other responsibilities and can't farm for hours, so with hard work and economy have maintain some gold.

You should reconsider the TIME everyone have invest and we should consider on doing something for that....

7. you guys know what inflation means right ? xD

8. Lol we need to send you to talk to people in the government. This argument reflects into the real world too, ya'll. The gold squish, while it sucks, is necessary. I played on two other private servers that had no such thing. They were up for years. And you know what? This is exactly what happened. I've still been amazed on this server how much cheaper prices are for things in general. For example. The last one I was on, 20 eternal lifes sold for 10k. Frozen orbs were 1k each. And guess what? It was just what he/she said. A few really rich people dominating everything and controlling the economy. Often in guilds together. So yeah.

Not to mention it's bad for attracting new players. No one wants to be new in a giant circlejerk where you're too poor to get anything accomplished. Just buy what you want, farm items/mats about two weeks before the squish, sell nothing during this time. After the squish is over, sell your farmed things. You'll be back on track in no time. Hell. Inflation will be in full swing for about a month after. So you'll make a killing on all the stuff you've just been sitting on.

Tl;dr quit crying over something that will ultimately improve server health.

9. I was referring to this post, btw.

"You guys are missing the point.

This is not about AH prices.

It's about the fact that WoW itself generates gold: Gray trash items, quest rewards vendored for gold, and gold rewards from quests.

This is a constant influx of gold into the server. And then that gold gets redistributed when people buy/sell items. The end result is a bunch of fat cats with huge stashes of gold.

Then, the fat cats decide to buy/sell even pricier items, for even more bloated prices, since they know that other fat cats will can afford to buy them.

This leads to the gradual collapse of the whole economy. First year, a server may have 1 million gold in circulation. And then 3 million, 5 million etc.

By cutting all gold, the actual gold coins, the servers are reset back to pre-inflation values.

Yes, it sucks for those who have stockpiled tens of thousands of gold... but so what. It's necessary unless we want servers with 100 million gold coins in circulation, where every basic item costs 100g each, and where new players can't afford anything. -- Exactly like Retail WoW is now after years of inflation/gold piling up."

10. Remember when I played on Outland and they did this. I was at 3.8 k going for fast mount aand...

The lower the rates the more butchering this is if you are going for something that the game itself offers for 5k. (on Icecrown you can make that in a day) Fine, everyother player will have 50% , Ah , Banks, but the NPC will still sell you the fast mount for 5 k , not 2.5

But who cares, people will still buy gold for coins of the server. If it was me I would squish your gold x2 times a year.

11. Zzzzz... been offline a while and im back then this happends... again warmane?? I don't know why you doing this I know its for economy but what about these fresh new accounts who just hitted lvl 80 and he is starting to get enought gold for mounts and for encha/gems... Atleast do this way next year if you will read this: get 50% off on Icecrown and MoP servers, but on lordaeron/Tbc which I don't have a plan to play on those servers but you must know that lordaeron is 1x and its already hard to farm gold on it... but on Tbc on other side its kinda in between so I will give it from 10% to 20%

12. The only people affected by this would be the low levels. People on high levels will be affected just a little, as other players in the same situation will be affected just the same. If they sell an item by 20k, for example, they will have to sell the same item by 10k... maybe a little bit more. But the overall economy will be halved as well.

But, as for the low level players, their money will be halved, but the prices for riding and mounts, for example, will remain the same. So, they will have to farm 150% of the original value.

13. Great.... I only have 6t00 gp >.>
    What if this were applied only to those who have like 100k+ gp? You know, the ones actually pulling the shenanagins with money & auctions. The ones with actual economic power.

14. Great.... I only have 6t00 gp >.>
    What if this were applied only to those who have like 100k+ gp? You know, the ones actually pulling the shenanagins with money & auctions. The ones with actual economic power.
    Maybe if we did it stealthily, but then that could be seen as dishonest. Which means we'd most likely need to let people know about it ahead of time, which would then give these people time to distribute their gold across multiple characters and accounts.

15. I personaly love Gold squish
    LOL because you can get 2-3x times richer..
    Buy primos etc that sells good, last week before Gold squish sell them for 2-3x bigger price = profit.. warmane takes 50% only, but you made back 2 times what you had..
    Example>>>
    Spend 20 k gold now via primos etc something that sells good, sell them later before squish for 300% price, tada you got 60k gold. Warmanes takes 30k.. you still got 30k from 20k that you had.. GG WARMANE you failed yet again..
    Or don't spend any gold let Warmane take 50% of your gold and buy many, many items that normaly costed 1-2k for only 100-200 after Gold squish.
    Because people will post so many items that they bought to save their gold.. for such cheap prices and after 1-2 month's when market settles down and prices goes back to normal sell them for 400% profit.. <3 GG again Warmane.. Dou you even think :d <3 Love ya thx for gold :)

First ... 41213141516 ... Last