1. Just an opinion about guilds; ally/horde side :D

Hey guys! I'm looking for a friendly guild on horde side, social but also doing icc nm/hc content. I just joined one on ally because i want to focus on my chars there a bit and it's super friendly, called Average.

I tried joining one with my horde chars (mains as well, almost bis gear) and after joining, they said

"If you suck, you get kicked. Simple as that"

And to think that one expects a warm welcome into a guild?

I'm hoping to transfer all my chars to ally in the future, as people seem friendlier there... but meanwhile, I still want to join a guild. I have knowledge of the scripts, albeit a bit rusty cause I had a 3 year break from the game, but I just want to get back on track and enjoy a raid at the end of the week.

I'll keep looking, but if you have any recommendation, it's much appreciated ^_^

Update: Thanks for all your answers! I agree with getting kicked out of the guild if you fail like a moron etc. I was in a guild last time i played this game and I pulled my weight, I read a lot of guides and always to improve both in playing my class and raiding script.

I guess I shouldn't blame the person for saying that, it's their choice who comes in and who is out. But I would've appreciated a bit of friendliness before seeing how I was going to do in a raid and not being told as well that "They don't accept girls in the guild anyway".

Also, I acknowledge both horde and alliance have their good guilds and nice peeps, I apologize for generalizing.
    Edited: November 26, 2019

2. hord is the side of frustraded nerd

I'm also mooving all my char from horde to ally because people much friendly here

Alliance side is for social people with decent life style which enjoy playing wow but also have other hobies

3. I think best would be to join "progression" guild, even with all the cool gear. Simply to refresh and hone your skills.

Thing is, guild that do heroic content simply don't want to spend 15mins on each boss to teach and refresh your memory. And you should be able to put theoretical knowledge into action and carry your weight and do waht you are supposed to do. And it's not about gear for the most part, hardest is to get players who show up, do thir thing at least decent and don't waste time with their drama and stuff. Gearing up is not an issue.

I tried joining one with my horde chars (mains as well, almost bis gear) and after joining, they said

This is exactly right, and you can have all the bis gear in the world, but I rather take some 5.5 gearscoore dude who knows exactly what to do. And he goes to BiS in few weeks and everyone is happy.
    Edited: November 25, 2019

4. I tried joining one with my horde chars (mains as well, almost bis gear) and after joining, they said

Well said.

I'm hoping to transfer all my chars to ally in the future, as people seem friendlier there...
    No, they are the same. If you suck you get kicked. Just because they don't say it to you when you join doesn't make it less true.

5. If you want to suck and not get kicked go into one of those non-English guilds that spam their language on global, I see them with as low as 5.2k req and being non-English speaking I doubt they've done much reading about the tactics.
    Any decent guild will kick you if you fail the same tactic more than a few times. I was in one of the friendliest, most chill guilds for a bit, had some fun doing normals with them. We've had a lot of people gear up, learn tactics but even there I've seen people kicked from the guild mid-raid for failing the same thing for 2-3 weeks in a row.

As for the horde vs alliance, I've transferred most of mine to alliance and I'm ok because I've done it for PVP. I've done some raids (about 15-20 ish pugs), and almost all had a few complete morons spamming, failing every single tactic, speaking gibberish and eventually just quitting. Horde side PVE pugs were better and with less odd characters in chat.

6. Alliance side is for social people with decent life style which enjoy playing wow but also have other hobies
    Ahahhahahahaahahahahahahahaaa
    Oh man this thread is funny

7. I have played Alliance for 2-3 years on this server.
    Last year somewhere around this time i started transferring to the horde.
    I never regretted it.
    I'm playing end game and as a guild we come across alot of elitist players.

So called "Pro LoD farmer" failing mechanics.
    Not only mechanics but also failing to play their characters properly.

As a guild we are not open to carrying trials in our runs so they can get gear etc.
    If you suck then you get removed.
    It's not charity and you have to understand.

If you don't know how to play then just go and read some guides about your class and raid tactics.

It's easy to point fingers at a guild.
    But the fact that you suck is all on you.
    Get good and stop making excuses.

Goodluck on ally side.
    You will need it.
    Edited: November 26, 2019

8. Ahahhahahahaahahahahahahahaaa
    Oh man this thread is funny
    Funny indeed...
    But if he thinks that.. it would be better for all of us if he goes alliance...

9. I have played Alliance for 2-3 years on this server.
    Last year somewhere around this time i started transferring to the horde.
    I never regretted it.
    I'm playing end game and as a guild we come across alot of elitist players.
    It's less about the faction, it's more about the guilds.

I started at alliance, it was fun for long. I had managed to join a social/casual guild, made friends with who I'm still in contact with till this day. Once the guild started gaining members, we wanted to give raiding a shot. Progressing was fun, couple of first time ICC raiders. Trial and error but eventually we were able to kill LK10N with close knit group. After we cleared 10N, we wished to try 10HC once we were more geared. Progressed 10HC to a point of trying Banes. Bane was... difficult, many tries, countless hours of trying.. IT. WAS. FUN! Getting Bane took as a long while and eventually we got it. After that, oh boy did we do Bane runs a lot, still as a "casual guild".

Fast forward to 2016 or 2017, the guild was no more. Realm was filled with LoD farming guilds. Almost every guild you saw recruiting was "6k+ LOD experience" which started alienating me from actively playing. I joined this random alliance LoD farming guild, did a run. It was effective and relatively quick run, by no means was it fun. Fun is what I want to have when I play, I don't play for the pixel items to boost my GS and ego. I knew many of the 6k+ guilds had their fair share of elitists, it came as no surprise how dull it was to raid with several of them. Last nail to the coffin was when I randomly logged during guild raid. Saw officer deliberately bidding on an item so that recruits can't bid/roll for it. Thought to myself "**** this" and left.

At this point I had several high GS toons and few characters near BiS/at BiS. I had been randomly playing around, doing PuGs as I was no longer interested in playing with elitists who thought they were gods among men. Heard of this small guild forming up and taking members to get their 10mans going. Switched to Horde on few toons 1st. I had fun, made new friends. Decided to go Horde on all my toons. Had a blast while it lasted. Now back again at PuG raiding as it's hard to find guild with matching raiding times.

Don't think I'll ever join guild that is already farming LoD. I'll take my chances with more casual guilds that are trying to get members to raid, over some hardcore raiding guilds. Now I just wanna raid with interesting people, rather than be just a pawn in some bigger guild so they can brag about their LoD/RS25HC kill count.

10. Don't think I'll ever join guild that is already farming LoD. I'll take my chances with more casual guilds that are trying to get members to raid, over some hardcore raiding guilds. Now I just wanna raid with interesting people, rather than be just a pawn in some bigger guild so they can brag about their LoD/RS25HC kill count.
    You're forgetting the people who haven't actually done end-game but sit around watching streams so much that they'll tell you how to play using their lack of experience and understanding. This is all part of why I'm in the same boat, avoiding end-game guilds. But mostly because none of them are as good as they think they are and I'm real tired of watching self proclaimed gods explain how they're going to exploit a simple weekly quest.

11. You're forgetting the people who haven't actually done end-game but sit around watching streams so much that they'll tell you how to play using their lack of experience and understanding. This is all part of why I'm in the same boat, avoiding end-game guilds. But mostly because none of them are as good as they think they are and I'm real tired of watching self proclaimed gods explain how they're going to exploit a simple weekly quest.
    That is so much truth. I guess it was around back in the day with people watching youtube content, but it feels so much more pervasive now. I'm also on the "avoid end-game guilds entirely" boat

But if he thinks that.. it would be better for all of us if he goes alliance...
    Lol learn to talk ****, *****. I was laughing about how the ally players were saying they're smarter and more attractive and have better jobs or whatever derivative garbage this thread started with.
    15 years and ally players are still all the same, no matter the server. For the millionth time I wish I had screenshotted the thread they started on here a year or two ago about how ally players deserve to get more honor rewards and more emblems because they're ally players. ****ing hilarious

12. Idk i honestly more like horde because of the way they do dungeons/raids. In horde I almost never wipe anywhere and raids are more efficient. While on the alliance side, I get more braindead people who cannot even learn how to deal wtih marrowgar. Also the toxicity seems far more worse in alliance side than on horde.
    I wish I could play horde only but with current state of battlegrounds and because all my friends are in the alliance ,it's kinda meh.

13. At least I'm not the only person who feels this way, I'm in the process of transferring all of my toons to Alliance as well.

14. horde member still feed so easily even when the troll is obvious

i'm glad i'm going back to alliance

15. No, BGs are fairly even.
    And even favor horde at some peaks,
    But I'm glad you're all going alliance too

12 Last