1. In the end its good when not all players like the hardcore character of Lordaeron.
    Deathwing and Ragnaros will probably merge one day and when it happens it would be great if the realm has also +8k population.

2. No one in the Staff is saying "you have to play the way we want," [...] the way we designed it.
    Not trying to be a smartass, but that's kinda contradictory. Yes, no one is being forced to play here, but no, we are forced to oblige with the staff's decisions, as we apparently have no say in it..

..or do we? I remember everyone and their mother at first being like "No transmog, ever ever", and now we're considering making a compromise and making a sort-of transmog players can see if THEY WANT to.... oops, now we're letting players decide.. Because it's GOOD to tickle the community's funny bone every once in a while. It brings more players which brings more revenue.

So why not make another compromise and make RDF a grouping tool (again, no teleport, no bonuses, nothing else) and let players use it if THEY WANT to.... People could still search on global, and they'd still HAVE to walk there. No changes to the realm's ideal made. Tell me what is wrong with this idea and I will quit mentioning it. Point a single flaw about it, other than "it's not how we want it", just so I can drop the idea and think of other ways both parties could be happy.

3. Not trying to be a smartass, but that's kinda contradictory. Yes, no one is being forced to play here, but no, we are forced to oblige with the staff's decisions, as we apparently have no say in it..

..or do we? I remember everyone and their mother at first being like "No transmog, ever ever", and now we're considering making a compromise and making a sort-of transmog players can see if THEY WANT to.... oops, now we're letting players decide.. Because it's GOOD to tickle the community's funny bone every once in a while. It brings more players which brings more revenue.

So why not make another compromise and make RDF a grouping tool (again, no teleport, no bonuses, nothing else) and let players use it if THEY WANT to.... People could still search on global, and they'd still HAVE to walk there. No changes to the realm's ideal made. Tell me what is wrong with this idea and I will quit mentioning it. Point a single flaw about it, other than "it's not how we want it", just so I can drop the idea and think of other ways both parties could be happy.
    There's no contradiction - "no one is being forced to play here, but if you want to, it will be according to how we design it."

Regarding transmogrification, an idea was thrown out to get reactions, about the possibility of a system that would create a sort of client-side transmogrification. Yes, if that system ever actually happens, players will be able to decide - but within something we decided to offer. You're trying to infer a "letting players decide" in a way it doesn't fits your speech. We're not letting players decide that we will include transmogrification, just if they want to use it. If you want a fair comparison, we also give you the choice of if you want to play on Lordaeron.

Lastly, there's no need for me to point any flaws in your idea. Everyone wanting RDF is right in their own way. It simply doesn't fits what we wanted for the server. You're trying to argue reasoning against an arbitrary decision.

4. You still haven't pointed out any flaws.

It's a valid comparison, people can choose whether to spam global or search automatically. Your comparison was also valid, people can choose whether to play or not.

The idea is, letting people choose. That's basic marketing. Even the vague idea of choice makes people feel more empowered (because they didn't just go standard) and emphatic towards said company (because they were offered the power of choice). Also, companies tend to listen to their customers, because they bring them money. Take Pringles for example. They sell cheese-flavored chips. But people wanted more cheese. So they made xtra cheese chips. Now customers are happy they can choose between standard cheese or more cheese, the company makes more money and the customers are happy, no harm done. Whereas if they followed your model and said "eat it with the cheese we've given you or go eat Lay's which has extra cheese" they'd lose customers and money. Easy, right ?

You're doing the opposite, swatting at people's suggestions like flies, without having the decency of explaining why is it that it would be so against the original idea of the realm, which is, going on epic adventures. Again, you'd still have to go on that epic adventure, the world would still be populated (well, the zeppelins, flight paths and summon stones at least), and there would be no socializing lost, in fact the contrary, as global would again be a place to chat and not spam LFM.
    Edited: November 10, 2015

5. Lastly, there's no need for me to point any flaws in your idea. Everyone wanting RDF is right in their own way. It simply doesn't fits what we wanted for the server. You're trying to argue reasoning against an arbitrary decision.
    That's really all I should need to say about it - and already did.
    People are being given choices, you simply don't want/don't like/don't accept the ones being given.

6. It doesn't fit with what you wanted for the server... Which is ? Oh, as Kaer posted here , quote:
    "We want players to adventure, travel to instances, populate the world and have memorable moments while doing so".

Okay, RDF stays disabled. End of argument.

Now, let me suggest something. Something called Group Finder. How does it work? You say what roles you can fit, which dungeons you wish to run and if you can or cannot be the leader of said party. If there are 4 other people who can fit the vacant spots, you are grouped up and you get a message saying "Party has been formed for <dungeon name>\newline <player name> has been chosen arbitrarily as the party leader" And that's it. Nothing else happens. You can kick people, invite others, no-one gets teleported, no one gets any bonus.
    Pros:
    - Global will be a place of socializing (as the vision for the realm was)
    - People will go on epic adventures with strangers (as the vision for the realm was)
    - You do not have to follow a 3-lines per second chat scrolling upwards
    - You do not have to ctrl+v every 5 seconds on global
    - People who wish to reserve items may still search for groups on global
    Cons:
    - It takes a few hours of scripting (next to nothing, compared to the massive work the devs are putting into this realm)
    - Party leader could be an asshat/noob (add a party leader vote feature maybe?)
    - People will keep leveling and questing while waiting to be matched instead of sitting/jumping in a place, trying to follow global (although this is more of a pro, since we wanted the world to be active, not safe zones)
    - It removes the "hardcore" reading of 5 lines per second that you have to do in order to find a group

Imo, the pros outweigh the cons by a huge deal, this "Group Finder" could help support the realm's intended features, while at the same time offering no real effort skip to anyone.

I will say this again, as I feel it fits the situation perfectly.
    Take Pringles for example. They sell cheese-flavored chips. But people wanted more cheese. So they made xtra cheese chips. Now customers are happy they can choose between standard cheese or more cheese, the company makes more money and the customers are happy, no harm done. Whereas if they followed your model and said "eat it with the cheese we've given you or go eat Lay's which has extra cheese" they'd lose customers and money.
    I know it doesn't work that way because, really, we have no other choice. Going to a different realm/server would not be like picking extra cheesy lay's, it would be like picking extra cheesy.. I don't know... waffles, not what we wanted either. We want the same chips, but with the option to get extra cheese, not cheesy waffles.
    Edited: November 10, 2015

7. I will say this again, as I feel it fits the situation perfectly.
    We have standard cheese or more cheese already - they're called Lordaeron, Deathwing, Ragnaros and Blackrock.

8. We have standard cheese or more cheese already - they're called Lordaeron, Deathwing, Ragnaros and Blackrock.
    Lordaeron is x1, Deathwing is x5/7/however much it is.

Lordaeron is chips, Deathwing is waffles.
    We want cheesy chips, not cheesy waffles. You offer us cheesy waffles.

9. Lordaeron is x1, Deathwing is x5/7/however much it is.

Lordaeron is chips, Deathwing is waffles.
    We want cheesy chips, not cheesy waffles. You offer us cheesy waffles.
    No, they are all chips, with different flavors and amount of cheese.
    You want to change the Lordaeron flavor, adding some of the spice used on other flavors and more cheese.
    Part of the current Lordaeron flavor is RDF being completely disabled.

Quite difficult to not mention wine, too.

10. No, we don't want deathwing flavor on lordaeron flavor.
    RDF stays disabled, and we've accepted that. We don't want Deathwing's onions on Lordaeron.

We want Lordaeron to not have cactus pricks sticking out of it, making it difficult to eat, even if we enjoy it. All we ask is you remove those pricks, so we can enjoy eating it without cutting our mouths, but the people who enjoy cutting their mouths can still do so.
    Group Finder is not a feature available on any other realm.

11. No, we don't want deathwing flavor on lordaeron flavor.
    RDF stays disabled, and we've accepted that. We don't want Deathwing's onions on Lordaeron.

We want Lordaeron to not have cactus pricks sticking out of it, making it difficult to eat, even if we enjoy it. All we ask is you remove those pricks, so we can enjoy eating it without cutting our mouths, but the people who enjoy cutting their mouths can still do so.
    Group Finder is not a feature available on any other realm.
    And all that while ignoring the repeatedly stated fact that Lordaeron was made suited for the taste of people who want or in the very least are fine with your so-called cactus pricks.

12. Reading those last few posts has made me extremely hungry ._. Quit it with the chips, waffles and cheese!

13. No, they are all chips, with different flavors and amount of cheese.
    You want to change the Lordaeron flavor, adding some of the spice used on other flavors and more cheese.
    Part of the current Lordaeron flavor is RDF being completely disabled.

Quite difficult to not mention wine, too.
    Now i am hungry :(

Reading those last few posts has made me extremely hungry ._. Quit it with the chips, waffles and cheese!
    ^

14. How about if I say we made a vegetarian pizza called Lordaeron and people are wanting to add ham on it because they like the vegetables, but are bothered by the lack of meat?

15. How about if I say we made a vegetarian pizza called Lordaeron and people are wanting to add ham on it because they like the vegetables, but are bothered by the lack of meat?
    As long as you don't stop offering the vegetable pizza, there's nothing wrong with adding a slice of ham and selling that too. It will only increase the amount of satisfied customers, without hurting your business.

First 12345 Last