1. wow classic hype

i heard a lot in game and read a lot on forums people playing this game " waiting for classic"...my opinion is that classic will know a hype for some month then will decrease for something else being an option, people will switch between other games or others wow expansion, and i wonder a lot why blizzard didn't make a platform where the player can select the expansion he wants to play : burning crusade, wotlk, cata etc...

Nevertheless, i won't play classic because spell rotation are too poor : spamming 3 button....ZzZZzzZzz...and you are too gear dependant forcing you to raid then pawn everyone with azuresong+full arcanist set...plus i will never pay fee for a 10 years old game...

the most enjoyable expansion are wotlk and bc as you get in-depth talent tree and a wide range of attack/spell, many ways to get into pvp/pve stuff througth emblems/crafting etc...

i wonder how do you see the way wow classic will evolve in some month ? and how people will play/stay on private server and which expansion they will still play despite wow classic release ?
    Edited: August 21, 2019

2. Well, about the "spamming 3 button....ZzZZzzZzz...", tell me, how many classes in TBC and WotLK use more than 3-4 buttons rotation? Think about Mages,Warriors,Rogues,Shadow priests,Balance druids, maybe Hunters,Frost DKs, Elemental Shamans. Also, healers, Holy pala spamming 1 button, resto druid spamming 2 spells(25man ofc), resto shaman almost the same, and disc priest - needless to say. Correct me if i am wrong.

3. Correct me if i am wrong.
    You're right, biggest reason would be because of the debuff slots on bosses during vanilla, which imo they should have changed, same regarding more then 50% of all the speccs being rendered "useless" in pve or just ignored by so many leaders due to lack of proper balancing, But hey, people want it.

4. Here's my reason for not playing classic.

Blizzard doesn't deserve my money. I might've at the time they announced it, but all of the things they've done to their customers and even their own employees at this point is unforgivable in my eyes.

5. You're right, biggest reason would be because of the debuff slots on bosses during vanilla, which imo they should have changed, same regarding more then 50% of all the speccs being rendered "useless" in pve or just ignored by so many leaders due to lack of proper balancing, But hey, people want it.
    Classic might be worse than wotlk, but it's definitely better than retail.

6. Classic might be worse than wotlk, but it's definitely better than retail.
    Classic is retail?

7. Classic is retail?
    Don't be a nitpicker, I beg of you.

8. The game isn't worth $15 a month for one. But look up molten core speedrun and you'll see that warriors have 2x the damage of anything else except rogues and that video was on alliance so they didn't have windfury totem. So that leaves PvP left where melee is next to useless with how much CC there is and 0 resilience so yeah pretty meh. Not to mention you only get one spec and have to respec anytime you want to do anything. I think it'll die super quick.
    Edited: August 23, 2019

9. Classic is for people who enjoyed it back at the moment when it came out. I personally like vanilla but I cannot play it due to time restriction. Classes are different, less balance, harder dungeons, more time consuming than anything. Just don't say that wotlk is more balanced with braindead dk and paladins getting huge damage.

Many people will play classic and most of them will follow streamers there, if you don't like vanilla content and gameplay then don't play it. Simple thing. Is it expensive to pay 11-12 euros per month for subscription ? It is if you plan on playing while having absolutely no time for it. But it's worth if you do, almost no bugs, everything working correctly and most important thing > no store in the game.

And to people who say ''I will never pay blizzard again for what they did'' still you're playing their game, using their files for private servers? Hmm. Not only that, but usually those people will be the first one to buy something from them. ''EA sucks, activision sucks, bethesda sucks, everything sucks yet I still donate and play their games''.

10. And to people who say ''I will never pay blizzard again for what they did'' still you're playing their game, using their files for private servers? Hmm.
    private servers are not connected to blizz,
    and are a detriment to their company.
    so saying i will never pay blizzard again and playing private servers is in no way hypocritical.

11. Nevertheless, i won't play classic because spell rotation are too poor : spamming 3 button....ZzZZzzZzz...and you are too gear dependant forcing you to raid then pawn everyone with azuresong+full arcanist set...plus i will never pay fee for a 10 years old game...

the most enjoyable expansion are wotlk and bc as you get in-depth talent tree and a wide range of attack/spell, many ways to get into pvp/pve stuff througth emblems/crafting etc...
    The 'spell-rotation' didn't change as much as you might think. There's only few spells added from Vanilla to WotLK. Most classes still use a 3-4 button rotation. Also, you dont 'pawn' anything with Azuresong Mageblade and T1 set. Except for green geared players, maybe. PVP has gotten more enjoyable, tho. I'll give you that. The Vanilla PVP grind basically required you to not have any kind of real life going on.

You're right, biggest reason would be because of the debuff slots on bosses during vanilla, which imo they should have changed, same regarding more then 50% of all the speccs being rendered "useless" in pve or just ignored by so many leaders due to lack of proper balancing, But hey, people want it.
    Blizzard doubled the debuff slots for classic, if I'm not mistaken.

12. agreed, the gear dependency in vanilla pvp was pretty lenient. and honestly, i really enjoy it. sure, getting the top-end gear is ludicrous, but que up with some blues from 50+ instances and youll have a good time. the "rock paper scissors" dynamic is real, but knowledge of interactions can still get you that kill in most cases.

as helpful as doubling the debuff slots is,
    where are the "modernizations" going to end? i think that is indicative of problems the servers will have.
    i have no trust in blizz.

13. i heard a lot in game and read a lot on forums people playing this game " waiting for classic"...my opinion is that classic will know a hype for some month then will decrease for something else being an option, people will switch between other games or others wow expansion, and i wonder a lot why blizzard didn't make a platform where the player can select the expansion he wants to play : burning crusade, wotlk, cata etc...
    Even after the population decrease it will still be very popular. Keep in mind there is a lot of people who are not gamers, but WoWers. People who only play or played in the past WOW and no other games. I keep hearing IRL people who are not gamers at all beeen hyped about CLassic because they played old WOW. Friend of my who is from Swedish small town, around 10k population, was telling me the other day he was shock to find that tons of people in his town who are not gamers are going to play Classic.

Also who said Blizzard will not make platform where players can select expansion the want to play? If Classic do well its pretty much sure they will move to TBC and then WOTLK.

Nevertheless, i won't play classic because spell rotation are too poor : spamming 3 button....ZzZZzzZzz...and you are too gear dependant forcing you to raid then pawn everyone with azuresong+full arcanist set...plus i will never pay fee for a 10 years old game...
    The way i see it i pay monthly see for my entertaiment and its very cheap form of entertainment. I wonder if you have no interest CLassic why make forum threads about it?

14. I will wait blizzard to make TBC or wotlk servers xD

123 Last