1. Droprates nerfed?

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I've noticed droprates across the board seem to have been lowered. Icecrown used to have increased droprates if I recall correctly, but as of this most recent update I am seeing noticeably less items drop from mobs in dungeons. Stuff like Raid/Dungeon specific BoEs/BoPs don't seem to have been affected, but world rares/BoEs and greens are definitely far less common, and even grey weapons/armor are not dropping anywhere near as much.

An unfortunate, very noticeable side-effect of this is AH prices of non-ICC/TOC BoEs have skyrocketed and there are far less than there were before. For example Avool's Sword of Jin (very affordable starter weapon) is now at 1200g and climbing, more than Wodin's Lucky Necklace which is an ilvl 264 BoE.

I can't think this is anything other than a bug, unless it was intended to reduce inflation, but then it should have been accompanied by a gold squish.

EDIT: Submitted a bug report and it was dismissed - indicating it was probably an intentional change. The site changelog hasn't been updated since earlier this year, hopefully a new one gets released showing what specifically was changed.
    Edited: September 7, 2018

2. I can't think this is anything other than a bug, unless it was intended to reduce inflation, but then it should have been accompanied by a gold squish.
    Please don't give the staff any stupid ideas. We already had 2 gold squishes, and the 2nd one was completely unnecessary. It took us months to fix the prices back to normal.

3. Please don't give the staff any stupid ideas. We already had 2 gold squishes, and the 2nd one was completely unnecessary. It took us months to fix the prices back to normal.
    Just spitballing, they've done it before. Maybe they secretly intended to change Icecrown to be a 1x realm all of a sudden.

4. Maybe they secretly intended to change Icecrown to be a 1x realm all of a sudden.
    That would be their biggest mistake.. Ever?

Least we aren't bombarded with A Guide to Northern Cloth Scavenging drops.

5. They for sure nerfed the green drops on Icecrown cultists, since i dropped 2 in 40 mob kills, where i used to even farm gold there. A single run (15ish mobs) would give me 7/8 greens.

Not to mention the droprate nerfs on important items or old content.

6. Yeah I managed to buy up a lot of the ilvl 200 BoEs on the AH and I'm gonna leave them in my bank for a bit, the prices are getting ridiculous due to the droprate nerfs now. Should make a pretty penny reselling them in a month or two.

Same thing for other random drops, all are going to skyrocket in price because of this change.
    Edited: September 13, 2018

7. Yeah I managed to buy up a lot of the ilvl 200 BoEs on the AH and I'm gonna leave them in my bank for a bit, the prices are getting ridiculous due to the droprate nerfs now. Should make a pretty penny reselling them in a month or two.

Same thing for other random drops, all are going to skyrocket in price because of this change.
    i'd keep them till after the new year as you're likely going to see another gold squish in jan.

8. i'd keep them till after the new year as you're likely going to see another gold squish in jan.
    Not sure about that, last time there was a gold squish the prices dropped by more than half.

Still, nothing more satisfying to see than a new player trying desperately to gather up thousands of gold for a ****ty ilvl200 epic. /s