1. Batching system?

So a lot of rumors is going around that warmane implemented a "Batching system" and from searching around I can't find anything except 2-3 players mentioning it here on the forums.
    Many people ingame thinks it's Frostmourne that makes Icecrown lagg and you can feel the lagg somehow twice as much when you're in ICC, especially at DBS and after, My Resto shaman can throw 2 heals at the same time as it used to take to throw 4.
    Could we get some confirmation on this from the staff? how does it work? why is it implemented?. It seems something is wrong and a lot of players are confused.
    Edited: July 10, 2020

2. What is this batching system you are referring to? Per zone processing? Splitting the world into different servers?

IIrc, they already have chat in one server and instances/BGs in another one.

3. People are probably referring to the spell and movement systems that were explained on the devlog. None of our servers are sharing a host with another, they're all separate, so there's no way Frostmourne is interfering with Icecrown or vice versa. I'm aware of the lag in specific areas, especially on DBS, but not sure why it happens. I'll ask if someone else wants to explain further.

4. Thanks for the confirmation.

5. There has been a spell batching system for a few years now from what I remember. It wasn't possible to cast CCs on each other here at all until some time between 2015-2017, I've been here so long I can't accurately remember when I first noticed the change

6. Why is this batching not so hard on Frostmourne as it is for Icecrown?

I made a video on both sides while on a dummy as Frost DK and you can see the clear difference.
    It really makes the gameplay both random, as in you cant predict when it hits you and how hard it is (the batching), and unplayable for some classes, DKs for example have completelly slowed Rune Regeneration which will extend it from blizzlike 10 sec to 11+ sec.

7. Here I am again, trying to find an answer why this system is implemented, how does it work, and will it get fixed, cos from my pov, this is def not how something like this should work:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uvh5...ature=youtu.be

At the start of the video everything is fine and dandy, but as time goes by... Would like to hear any kind of explanation about this asap.
    (read the description of the video so I dont have to double post...)

I also recorded 2min before this and 3min of a dummy run was fine, without any interruptions from the new system.
    If you want I can upload that one as well.

8. glad to see this being discussed because imo it is a big problem, although one can not expect flawless server performance from private server with so many players, it would be amazing if it could be fixed or improved !

im on frostmourne and depending on time of day or how many players in same area, there will be a lot of times where you press your skills and nothing happens for like 0.5-2 seconds, then all the skills you pressed in that time window will then activate all at once,

leads to very unpredictable and inconsistent gameplay which is maybe not big issue while questing in the world, but in raids or during PvP it is a big problem..

ingame ping display tells me 29-32 ms always to the server but the actual server latency feels like 1000+ ms sometimes :S

9. We are investigating this issue. No realm can impact another realm negatively, for those wondering.

10. We have identified the issue and applied a fix for it. In case you were wondering why this was not affecting Frostmourne, it's because the issue was caused by a change that was designed to reduce lag in Dalaran, also affected some other situations and naturally this change was not applied to Frostmourne as it was not having issues with overcrowding Dalaran.

We have corrected the issue so it should not happen anymore.

11. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6hK...ature=youtu.be
    Seems like the lag/delay/batching is gone.
    Thanks for the fast fix, best of luck! :D

12. We have identified the issue and applied a fix for it. In case you were wondering why this was not affecting Frostmourne, it's because the issue was caused by a change that was designed to reduce lag in Dalaran, also affected some other situations and naturally this change was not applied to Frostmourne as it was not having issues with overcrowding Dalaran.

We have corrected the issue so it should not happen anymore.

but I am playing on Frostmourne and there is where I had the issue, is there no fix applied there?

I have not played and tested how it is now since you made this post 3 hours ago, but if the issue remains now when I test again tonight,
    can I ask what server had the fix applied so I can make a new character there instead to play?

cheers!

edit: I see you applied the fix to Icecrown, created a new character to play there instead to avoid the lag on frostmourne and so far it seems a LOT better ! but disappointing to have to play on another server as frostmourne has a more fresh economy and so on...
    Edited: July 15, 2020

13. I can confirm that this is not the case for Frostmourne.
    I just logged the server and the random lag that hit usually after 2-3min of constantly hitting the dummy in Ebon Hold seem to be gone as well.

Since I had no more than 3min in game time, maybe I was lucky, so if anyone else can legit confirm the delay happening I will log again during high pop time and go for a longer period of time on a dummy and record it again if its happening.
    But from what I saw this thing seems to be resolved on both servers (I dont know about Lordaeron since I dont have a character there).

14. I can confirm that this is not the case for Frostmourne.
    I just logged the server and the random lag that hit usually after 2-3min of constantly hitting the dummy in Ebon Hold seem to be gone as well.

Since I had no more than 3min in game time, maybe I was lucky, so if anyone else can legit confirm the delay happening I will log again during high pop time and go for a longer period of time on a dummy and record it again if its happening.
    But from what I saw this thing seems to be resolved on both servers (I dont know about Lordaeron since I dont have a character there).

that would be really really good news if the problem is actually fixed, because after leveling up to 30 on Icecrown I discovered the economy is very bad for a fresh character without any gold :D even green leveling items are super expensive like 500-1000 gold + for items that would cost like 10-20g or less on Frostmourne haha,

so if the problem really is fixed on Frostmourne also then I will go back to frostmourne A.S.A.P !

will try myself a bit later today and update here also, cheers!

15. The issue is fixed on all the realms which were affected. Which were Lordaeron, Icecrown and Frostmourne.
    Frostmourne and Lordaeron were affected to a lesser extend.

Note that this issue had nothing to do with our batching systems.

12 Last