1. Or you simply know just restarting the server wouldn't change anything significantly.
    After all, we already had a "wipe," albeit an unintended one, and the population is what it is.
    or simply enabling wotlk transfers to cata and having limited time leveling bonuses or giving players level 80 toons that never played cata to promote the server activity. all these things can be done to improve the population

2. Funny... I see nothing about any of that in the title or posts. This is about wiping the server and starting it over. Which you say the server needs, yet so far haven't been able to show what difference such wipe would make.

3. What Tdosavage is right, all that features will increase the population and is not a development work, Obnioxous you would tell the responsibles of that to start making it if you may want to contribute .

4. What Tdosavage is right, all that features will increase the population and is not a development work, Obnioxous you would tell the responsibles of that to start making it if you may want to contribute .
    First, yes, it would take Developer work to do any of what he's suggesting. Someone has to create the code for all of it. And second, again, that's not what the thread, its request or the one subsequently created in the Suggestions section are about.

5. yet so far haven't been able to show what difference such wipe would make.
    Wipe the realm and wipe the coins > restart with some badass dope trailer made by hurricane

I know for a fact my guild would come back and give you at least $10k in less than a week - thats a start, howbowdat

make it happen boss

6. Last time server was wiped warmane lost half of its population.Why do people still think this is a good ideea?

7. Wipe the realm and wipe the coins > restart with some badass dope trailer made by hurricane

I know for a fact my guild would come back and give you at least $10k in less than a week - thats a start, howbowdat

make it happen boss
    Create new characters and have your own guild-wide wipe with no one using coins.
    Make the 10k happen, boss.

Last time server was wiped warmane lost half of its population.Why do people still think this is a good ideea?
    That's what I'm still waiting for someone to objectively answer.

8. Just do it you asked for ppl that would support that idea and as you see a lot of them wants that and a lot of others that dont type here want it too dont forget after moltendown the server had crazy population and ik a lot of ppl that would come back if they would see that the server is getting some attention

9. ik a lot of ppl that would come back if they would see that the server is getting some attention
    And that's exactly the point: a wipe isn't "getting some attention." A wipe is simply erasing the progress of people who still play or would only play if they kept their investment. A wipe in no way implies that the amount of attention would increase.

10. And that's exactly the point: a wipe isn't "getting some attention." A wipe is simply erasing the progress of people who still play or would only play if they kept their investment. A wipe in no way implies that the amount of attention would increase.
    So now what, wait until Warmane starts losing too much money on Neltharion and shuts it down and erases those players progress anyway?

11. Create new characters and have your own guild-wide wipe with no one using coins.
    Yeah but then we'd still end up with a dead realm and wheres the fun in that?

Make the 10k happen, boss.
    lol no trust fam?

Last time server was wiped warmane lost half of its population.Why do people still think this is a good ideea?
    That's what I'm still waiting for someone to objectively answer.
    Because its legit the only thing left to do unless they really want it to die out never to be seen again. Do you seriously think the realm is magically going to blow up again?

You're getting next to zero money having nelth up which is why icecrown is paying for it (inside information eh). Eventually Warmane will end up shutting the server down anyways because lack of players --- but why?
    Heres your one shot chance to get a quick chunk of money by announcing a complete fresh cata realm bringing a ton of players back that went to the jajjajaahue land (no one wants to play with them, come on - im forced to do so because my lovely nelth is dead)

Do you guys not understand that everyone loves a brand new start and the hype that comes with it? Like so many times before. People would come back here simply because it's Warmane running it! Serious stuff compared to all the other horrible jajaja places.

Cataclysm used to be your flagship and it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out that it gave you the most amount of money in donations when you actually cared about it.

12. So now what, wait until Warmane starts losing too much money on Neltharion and shuts it down and erases those players progress anyway?
    No, if that was the issue my personal guess is it would already have been closed. It might just be left open until there are no players, I suppose?

Yeah but then we'd still end up with a dead realm and wheres the fun in that?
    You tell me. You're the one making wild claims based on there being a wipe.

lol no trust fam?
    If I ever had any, it died at the use of "fam."

Because its legit the only thing left to do unless they really want it to die out never to be seen again. Do you seriously think the realm is magically going to blow up again?
    No, I don't, and I don't believe the Administration does either. Let me remind again, for the third time in this thread, that the intention was to shut it down. Does that sounds like expectations of it "blowing up again" to you?

But entertain me and think with me on this timeline:

1. The server is wiped;
    2. Woohoo hype hype, choo-choo hypetrain!!1!;
    3. Imaginary players that don't play now out of sharing a line of thought alike to "uhm.. there are one hundred players there with some progress... nah, I will only play if those one hundred have no progress" come out of every crack in the floor and join;
    4. Players, real and imaginary, grind, level;
    5. Players find the same issues that already exist, have the same complains that already exist, demand the same things that already don't happen;
    6. Players start leaving.

How is a wipe going to keep 5 and 6 from happening? Because keep it clearly in mind: a wipe isn't going to change the intention of maintaining active support of only the other three expansions. If that intention was going to change, it would be a completely separate event from a wipe, something that would happen with, without or despite a wipe.

13. your other 3 expansions are 100% outweighed by cataclysm in its prime. It does not take much to get it back to that. A wipe isnt even needed. Just some TLC
    Edited: April 4, 2018

14. The server is really unplayable and the only reason to not shut it down is for those 50 Alliance players doing PvE. PvP is dead, orgrimmar is a ghost town, Horde Auction House is empty, BG's are only 10v10 during peak time (which is about half an hour a day), it's always the same people in BG's, just end it already.

15. your other 3 expansions are 100% outweighed by cataclysm in its prime. It does not take much to get it back to that. A wipe isnt even needed. Just some TLC
    One could also argue that Cataclysm was the start of the decline of the game's popularity, and its initial upward swing was based purely on the popularity of its predecessors and hype built by Blizzard.

I personally don't believe that is relevant though. What is relevant is the current state of the expansion itself. Not just on Warmane, but on any private server, in any sort of private or open-source development, and so on and so forth.

If Cataclysm itself is so popular, then why is it so poorly represented in the private server scene as a whole? It's an important point of concern, because in order for someone to invest time, funds and resources into a project, they usually only do so when they can reasonably expect a return on those investments. The Cataclysm project just isn't promising. There may be plenty of people who love the realm and the expansion, but you can't pay for development with hopes and dreams.

just end it already.
    I mean, you're already welcome to stop logging in, aren't you?

First 1234513 ... Last