Kraden

How to PvP on Outland

People complain it takes too long to get the PvP epics. It certainly takes quite a bit of time but could certainly go faster. It is all about that precious honor and them marks and despite people complaining about this in theory, they don't seem to care when it comes to practise.
    So this will be a somewhat go-to guide for all players intending to PvP in Outland's BGs in order to maximise honor and minimize pain.

Rule 1: You do not do BGs in green/blue gear. Do PvE until you got full epics, it will go faster and far less painful.
    - When you run around with 0-200 resilience and 5-8k hp you're basically meat to a geared enemy. Don't PvP in garbage gear.

Rule 2: You do not PvP without a epic mount and the riding skill needed to use it.
    - This one speaks for itself.

Rule 3: 98% of all battles are decided after the first big clash or 2 minutes of a BG.
    - For example. Your team captures 4/5 bases in AB the first minute and thus you keep on fighting. If the situation is reversed, you let the enemy capture the last node/base fast so that you get a chance for a new BG faster. It is better to lose in 2 minutes than trying for 25 minutes by fighting, for even if you win the honor lost for not winning fast will by far exceed the honor gained from winning a 25 minute game. If you lose, it is even worse. Hence your mentality shall be "Let em win fast" whenever the enemy fights better during the first 2 min. This will maximise potential honor gains and minimize pain.

Rule 4: The team with the most geared resto druids are likely to win.
    - Resto druids are over the top in TBC. While possible to kill if you coordinate your CC and use your class skills wisely, it is unlikely you will be able to do this in a random BG let alone when you got enemies attacking you while you're at it. Hence a rule of thumb is to let the team with most resto druids win.

Rule 5: Apart from rule 4 the team with most geared healers are likely to win.
    - Once again, lose the BG fast if your team got none or badly geared healers and the enemy got more or better geared.

Rule 6: Useless specs have no place in BGs.
    - Retridins and protection paladins, enhancement shamans, survival hunters, full fire mages, full holy priests, assassination and combat rogues, full affliction and demonology warlocks, full protection and fury warriors, all of these specs are downright next to useless even in BiS gear - do not PvP with these specs.

Rule 7: Always have a 2nd account with a 70 character to queue with.
    - There are morons who will insist on breaking the rules above and therefore you want a secondary character on another account so that you can queue your main char for another BG whilst inside one.

Rule 8: (Multiboxers only) You are far more useful for your team and your own progress if you stick to BGs where your numbers matter the most.
    - Namely WSG/AV turtle/EotS. Avoid AB.

Rule 9: Before a battle start you buff what you can on other players but not something they already have.
    - People on Outland are very poor buffers, so don't be.

Rule 10: Ignore any player who breaks any of these rules by keeping on fighting, capping nodes etc.
    - It will save you a lot of stress arguing.

Hopefully this small guide will make the PvP scene a bit better.
    Fight wisely.

2. Ultimate rule: Don't even bother reading this.

3. I find rule 6 amusing.
    U realy trying to tell players that they are not allowed to play ret or enh in BGs? XD

4. People complain it takes too long to get the PvP epics. It certainly takes quite a bit of time but could certainly go faster. It is all about that precious honor and them marks and despite people complaining about this in theory, they don't seem to care when it comes to practise.
    So this will be a somewhat go-to guide for all players intending to PvP in Outland's BGs in order to maximise honor and minimize pain.

Rule 1: You do not do BGs in green/blue gear. Do PvE until you got full epics, it will go faster and far less painful.
    - When you run around with 0-200 resilience and 5-8k hp you're basically meat to a geared enemy. Don't PvP in garbage gear.

Rule 2: You do not PvP without a epic mount and the riding skill needed to use it.
    - This one speaks for itself.

Rule 3: 98% of all battles are decided after the first big clash or 2 minutes of a BG.
    - For example. Your team captures 4/5 bases in AB the first minute and thus you keep on fighting. If the situation is reversed, you let the enemy capture the last node/base fast so that you get a chance for a new BG faster. It is better to lose in 2 minutes than trying for 25 minutes by fighting, for even if you win the honor lost for not winning fast will by far exceed the honor gained from winning a 25 minute game. If you lose, it is even worse. Hence your mentality shall be "Let em win fast" whenever the enemy fights better during the first 2 min. This will maximise potential honor gains and minimize pain.

Rule 4: The team with the most geared resto druids are likely to win.
    - Resto druids are over the top in TBC. While possible to kill if you coordinate your CC and use your class skills wisely, it is unlikely you will be able to do this in a random BG let alone when you got enemies attacking you while you're at it. Hence a rule of thumb is to let the team with most resto druids win.

Rule 5: Apart from rule 4 the team with most geared healers are likely to win.
    - Once again, lose the BG fast if your team got none or badly geared healers and the enemy got more or better geared.

Rule 6: Useless specs have no place in BGs.
    - Retridins and protection paladins, enhancement shamans, survival hunters, full fire mages, full holy priests, assassination and combat rogues, full affliction and demonology warlocks, full protection and fury warriors, all of these specs are downright next to useless even in BiS gear - do not PvP with these specs.

Rule 7: Always have a 2nd account with a 70 character to queue with.
    - There are morons who will insist on breaking the rules above and therefore you want a secondary character on another account so that you can queue your main char for another BG whilst inside one.

Rule 8: (Multiboxers only) You are far more useful for your team and your own progress if you stick to BGs where your numbers matter the most.
    - Namely WSG/AV turtle/EotS. Avoid AB.

Rule 9: Before a battle start you buff what you can on other players but not something they already have.
    - People on Outland are very poor buffers, so don't be.

Rule 10: Ignore any player who breaks any of these rules by keeping on fighting, capping nodes etc.
    - It will save you a lot of stress arguing.

Hopefully this small guide will make the PvP scene a bit better.
    Fight wisely.
    100% crap and this should be flagged and deleted by the devs!
    telling people to not try and lose fast = 100% what the devs want to stop and it ruins bgs.

ret and enhancement useless?lmfao troll post.

5. Ultimate rule: Don't even bother reading this.
    Sorry, I just read what you wrote, guess I broke the ultimate rule... =D
    I find rule 6 amusing.
    U realy trying to tell players that they are not allowed to play ret or enh in BGs? XD
    I think he is rather trying to say that those specs are not as valuable as other specs, and while it does not fully hold true he does have a certain point with it. I mean for instance a Discipline priest is far more valuable than a holy priest.
    100% crap and this should be flagged and deleted by the devs!
    telling people to not try and lose fast = 100% what the devs want to stop and it ruins bgs.

ret and enhancement useless?lmfao troll post.
    He has the right to express his opinions and write guides so long as he does not insult anyone.
    While somewhat ill presented he does have a lot of points. After all people do complain a lot about people "breaking" rules 1-5 and 9. And as he wrote in the start of the post the guide is intended to help people maximize honor gains. While giving up can be seen as somewhat lame it is in most cases best when outplayed by the enemy.

Ps Butkus Rets and Enhancements are actually quite crap for BGs (not saying they aren't viable for eg arena) but they can mostly only kill green/blue geared foes.

6. Now people, here you can see one salty person that took his time to write his imaginary rules, don't even bother reading the post.

Kraden
    Now people, here you can see one salty person that took his time to write his imaginary rules, don't even bother reading the post.
    I actually wrote it because people complain endlessly about these issues and at the same time how slow the gear grind is. Wether or not this promotes good gameplay is irrelevant. The sole purpose of my small guide here is to set aside fun and willpower for cold logic and potential maximal honor gains.
    So far the comments are all how they believe this guide is wrong. Yet not why.
    Please share your thoughts on WHY you think it is wrong. Don't just QQ.

8. Now people, here you can see one salty person that took his time to write his imaginary rules, don't even bother reading the post.
    flag the post and move on as i would not be surprised if the same poster is on more then one account trolling.

9. Sorry, I just read what you wrote, guess I broke the ultimate rule... =D
    I think he is rather trying to say that those specs are not as valuable as other specs, and while it does not fully hold true he does have a certain point with it. I mean for instance a Discipline priest is far more valuable than a holy priest.
    He has the right to express his opinions and write guides so long as he does not insult anyone.
    While somewhat ill presented he does have a lot of points. After all people do complain a lot about people "breaking" rules 1-5 and 9. And as he wrote in the start of the post the guide is intended to help people maximize honor gains. While giving up can be seen as somewhat lame it is in most cases best when outplayed by the enemy.

Ps Butkus Rets and Enhancements are actually quite crap for BGs (not saying they aren't viable for eg arena) but they can mostly only kill green/blue geared foes.
    your full of it and i play with an Enhancement shammy that kicks people *** all the time but then again hes a 2200+ player....same applies to rets

10. You're the one full of it. This expansion is old and the 1v1 specs, BG specs and arena specs have been declared over and over. The only class you will kill in a equal gear 1v1 fight as an enhancement shaman would be warriors ret and prot paladins and sometimes a priest or two depending on your luck with WF.

11. If equaly geared and skilled enha shaman loses vs any kind of priest, he is just bad. His full toolkit has everything to counter priests, dont know what you saying.

And one tip to players who are saying gearing is slow, just have fun in game, faster doesnt need to be faster, if something is fun it can be "faster" although is not. Giving up after 2 mins is not fun..

12. If equaly geared and skilled enha shaman loses vs any kind of priest, he is just bad. His full toolkit has everything to counter priests, dont know what you saying.

And one tip to players who are saying gearing is slow, just have fun in game, faster doesnt need to be faster, if something is fun it can be "faster" although is not. Giving up after 2 mins is not fun..
    It depends on the luck from WF. With that said, a troll disc priest with blackout will eat the shaman.

And for the record I reckon it is better to lose in 2 min than 20.

13. Rule 1: You do not do BGs in green/blue gear. Do PvE until you got full epics, it will go faster and far less painful.
    Good luck doing PvE being a greenie. Even doing normal instances some *****s require 3.4 k gs before inviting. The GS addon ruined this game.

14. You're the one full of it. This expansion is old and the 1v1 specs, BG specs and arena specs have been declared over and over. The only class you will kill in a equal gear 1v1 fight as an enhancement shaman would be warriors ret and prot paladins and sometimes a priest or two depending on your luck with WF.
    lmfao!you can troll all you want but its funny!
    "Ps Butkus Rets and Enhancements are actually quite crap for BGs (not saying they aren't viable for eg arena) but they can mostly only kill green/blue geared foes."

now you chnage to "e only class you will kill in a equal gear 1v1 fight as an enhancement shaman"
    weird?why is it 1v1 only?bg play is 1v1 and team play correct?you said shammys cant do well in bgs and thats a load of bs as if your 1v1 theory. a good player can make anything work period. guess what?if a spec is good in arena that means its good in bgs as well saying other wise is dumb.

the thing most people over look when they talk about 1v1 is how someone specs and gems. i mean do you really think some arms warrior in a deep arms build gemmed full strength and crit and some pve gear for killing power is the best "1v1" spec a warrior would have? compared to say some lock gemmed full res and stam so they can outlast someone 1v1?i dont think so.

"And for the record I reckon it is better to lose in 2 min than 20"
    classic troll!

15. lmfao!you can troll all you want but its funny!
    That is not contradictory sherlock.
    now you chnage to "e only class you will kill in a equal gear 1v1 fight as an enhancement shaman"
    weird?why is it 1v1 only?bg play is 1v1 and team play correct?you said shammys cant do well in bgs and thats a load of bs as if your 1v1 theory. a good player can make anything work period. guess what?if a spec is good in arena that means its good in bgs as well saying other wise is dumb.
    The reason for why Enhancement falls short in BGs is that it is so easy to CC. You got no roots, only slows. You got no gap-closer worth the name. You got no healing reduction. You got no armor pen. The list goes on and on. Point is: Enh = crap for BGs.
    the thing most people over look when they talk about 1v1 is how someone specs and gems. i mean do you really think some arms warrior in a deep arms build gemmed full strength and crit and some pve gear for killing power is the best "1v1" spec a warrior would have? compared to say some lock gemmed full res and stam so they can outlast someone 1v1?i dont think so.
    Perhaps you missed the small fact that each class got certain core characteristics, and while tweaking talents and spells can change things a bit, they don't do much overall.
    "And for the record I reckon it is better to lose in 2 min than 20"
    classic troll!
    No that's just pure logic. If you want fast honor then it is better to lose in 2 minutes and hope for a better battle than fighting and losing in 20 minutes. Then again kids can't be expected to understand grown up things. :)

12 Last