1. The other guides are wrong then. You MUST wait until ur dot has finished ticking, even if the dot is off the target for a sec or so (this of excluding corruption it should be up there all the time). If you dont then you are losing dps
    I guess that is why I have lower dps than I should then ^^

@dtgulab: Basically is we have so many guides around, each writes different things so I just want to make them clear to me.

2. I guess that is why I have lower dps than I should then ^^
    he has actually explained that you know, the explanation is pretty good

"Clipping" a dot means reapplying it before its last tick. Although this increases your uptime (no more dot gaps), this is VERY bad for your dps. Why? Imagine a dot ticking every 3s. If you reapply it in the moment of its last tick, it is like resetting its tick counter, meaning there will be a gap of ~6s between two ticks instead of 3s. That is as bad as not reapplying it for 3s. Actually, it's even worse: You shortened its duration by one tick, meaning you have to reapply it more often, losing even more dps. So don't clip dots.
    There are exceptions: If you know your target will be unreachable within a few seconds (e.g. Noth in Naxxramas porting to the other group), reapplying all dots is actually a good idea. If you are running around unable to cast anything but instants, clipping dots will save you time when you stand still again, and so on.

Pugoria
    Thanks to Dtgulab, Eber, and Violinist for helping me to complete this guide.
    I have to ask Violinist something: When you see Crucify online say hi to him from Goria. He used to be my guild leader when we got Molten first BQL kill. Ah old good times :)

Violinist
    Thanks to Dtgulab, Eber, and Violinist for helping me to complete this guide.
    I have to ask Violinist something: When you see Crucify online say hi to him from Goria. He used to be my guild leader when we got Molten first BQL kill. Ah old good times :)
    Sweet will do lol.

5. I guess that is why I have lower dps than I should then ^^

@dtgulab: Basically is we have so many guides around, each writes different things so I just want to make them clear to me.
    there is one very good very complete guide, but its not for molten - due to bugs, etc, quite a few things change

so you can check it out : http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t37900-d...arlock_thread/

some of the calculations will change (glyph of quick decay, Haste dps coefficient, pet usage, pet talent suggestions)

Things that you can refer to in that guide :
    Key Stats
    stat-to-dps ratios (except haste - due to the bug described by eber, but it kicks in out after 1400 haste i guess)
    Normal Gems (just it says to use Runed Cardinal ruby in red slots, instead use Reckless Ametrine)
    Glyph calculations (although the math differs, but the ranking given remains unchanged)
    Enchants (except Black Magic because the uptime on molten is not 25%, its only about 10%, or atleast it was when i last checked it)
    Professions (except Mixology)
    Hit rating
    Casting Sequence
    Clipping
    Use of Drain Soul
    Delaying haunt
    Multiple targets
    Is movement speed worth it?
    Useful addons
    Set bonuses
    DPCT-Charts
    DPS-Charts
    How much haste is Eradication
    CoA or CoD?
    Which potion should I use?

Things you can't rely on in that guide :
    Spec
    Pets
    Meta-gem (ask eber what the bug is Chaotic Skyflare Diamond)
    Gear Optimization (personal opinion)
    Haste
    Rolling Corruption Crit & Modifiers
    Base stats (gives only starting t10 numbers, they change dramatically - he has not addressed that clearly - but you can use his stat to dps coefficients)
    DPS and DPCT spell by spell (since co-effs dont work perfectly here, this is proved by dr.damage addon)
    Computing the DPS
    ---------------------------------
    As for the gear, I agree your donor gear has a little too much hit (13%). However, I also having both haste trinkets is a bit over kill, the value of static haste is lower on molten with the bug and places more value on sp and crit.
    As per my observation, after a certain about of haste, your probably better off with spell power
    problem is, im too lazy to calculate that upper limit & ill have to ask a donor friend to lend me his account

Pugoria
    Nope. I will update this guide whenever something change so don't worry.

7. you have 13% (12.99%) hit there

making the BiS gear incompatible with talents.

better off changing the neck to Blood Queen's Choker (Heroic) [lose 1.83% hit & gain 1.42% crit]

So. the hit cap isnt above 13%???
    iam asking that couse my aff lock have 14,18% hit atm.. without any buff.. to muck??

eber
    So. the hit cap isnt above 13%???
    iam asking that couse my aff lock have 14,18% hit atm.. without any buff.. to muck??
    The hard cap is 17%, there are several soft caps for both horde and ally. 14% is one of the horde soft caps, 13% is between 2 caps. You can find all the soft caps in my FAQ.

9. The runed cardinal ruby link is messed up, should be 40113 instead of the number it has since it shows the strength gem right now(40111 I think?).

eber
    You should start with SB>Haunt>UA>COA>pop trinket with haste on use if you have, Potion of Speed>Corr.
    Just an opinion on your starting rotation, I'd recommend casting a normal corruption and saving your trinket for when eradication first procs. I'd also recommend saving potion of speed for BL (possibly the trinket as well).

11. Is there a minimum haste requirement before Affliction becomes competitive with the other specs in terms of dps in a raid situation?

12. You should add the 'Combat Log Fix' to your recommended addons.

Have you ever noticed that your addons all stop working at once (Recount, Omen etc)?
    Getting this fixed that for me.
    ---------------------------------
    You should add the 'Combat Log Fix' to your recommended addons.

Have you ever noticed that your addons all stop working at once (Recount, Omen etc)?
    Getting this fixed that for me.
    Also, a simple macro...

#showtooltip [mod:shift]Life Tap(Rank 1);[nomod:alt]Life Tap
    /use [mod:shift]Life Tap(Rank 1);[nomod:alt]Life Tap
    In a nutshell, holding the 'shift' key and using the macro will use Life Tap (Rank 1), using the macro without holding anything will use the highest rank of Life Tap

cakeninja57
    So u can do more dps as affliction than destro or demon? In Icc?

14. With 3300+ SP without Fel Armor, 1100 Static Haste, 30%+ Crit, you can!

@Seploud: There is ... its at least 1k Static Haste! But dont gem for pure haste to reach it, if your SP will be only 2k ... just follow my previous sentance and you will know when to go affl! You can try Affl when you hit 3k SP, 1k static Haste and 25-26% Crit!

First 1234 ... Last